The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2018: Your Voice. Your Choice.

The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2018 Award Goes To...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
1.png

A very Happy New Year to all TAI-gers. We’re back with the 7th edition of The Automotive India Car Of The Year. Started as a humble effort to encourage new advancements and quality products in the Indian automobile industry, TAI-COTY awards have come a long way since their inception.

Here's what makes TAI-COTY different from all other COTY awards that India has ever witnessed:
  • There is no secluded jury. Consumers’. i.e: Yours, and only yours, voice counts here.
  • The results are based on a transparent real-time public poll. Anyone can see who has voted for what car.
  • This is not just another online award. As an industry first, the winner is duly recognized with an actual trophy.
You are free to cast the vote for a car of your own choice. But we do recommend taking into account the following aspects that a typical Indian car buyer looks for:
  • Fuel Efficiency
  • Value For Money
  • Looks and Design
  • Safety and Security
  • Comfort and Features
  • Engine and Performance
  • Brand image and after-sales support
Note:
  • Only all-new cars launched in India between Jan 1, 2018 to Dec 31, 2018 are nominated.
  • Mere facelifts do not qualify. High-end cars are kept out too considering minor market share.
  • As always, this poll is open for a period of complete one month (From Jan 1, 2019 – Jan 31, 2019).
  • The result will be announced thereafter followed by the award handing-over ceremony to the winner.
  • All registered users can cast a vote. If you're unregistered and wish to vote, please register first (it's quick and free).
  • TAI-COTY 2017 Edition (Winner: Tata Nexon): The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2017: Your Voice. Your Choice.

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
And the nominees are…

Honda Amaze

Honda Amaze.jpg

Honda CR-V

Honda CRV.JPG

Hyundai Santro

Hyundai Santro.JPG

Mahindra Alturas G4

Mahindra Alturas.jpg

Mahindra Marazzo

Mahindra Marazzo.JPG

Mahindra TUV 300 Plus

Mahindra TUV 300 Plus.png

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga

Maruti Ertiga.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Swift

Maruti Swift.jpg

Mini Countryman

Mini Countryman.JPEG

Mitsubishi Outlander

Mitsubishi Outlander.jpg

Toyota Yaris

Toyota Yaris.JPG

Volvo XC40

Volvo XC40.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

Voted for MS ERTIGA
I have checked out few of the cars in the list,thanks to the Auto Performance Show'18
But the car which hit on me instantly was ERTIGA.
I am not a fan of old Ertiga ever, infact i would never advice my friends & relatives buy it.
But the new Ertiga is a Beautiful car, Exterior and Interior.
Lots of space in all the rows.
Beautiful Dashboard layout.
Attractive Exterior
Powerful Engine

1. Voted for Mahindra Marazzo, for its "4 Star NCAP Rating, Space (30mm wider than Innova), 121 bHP / 300 Nm Engine, 6 Speed Transmission, 7 Seater, Captain Seats for 2nd Row, wider tyres than Innova, VFM package, blah blah blah". It is 6 plus Lakhs cheaper than Innova and just 1 plus lakhs costlier than Ertiga. Those not interested in putting sooooo much money on the Innova and also NOT liking the diesel Ertiga do HAVE a SOLID alternate now. Above all it is an Indian product [cheers]
  2. If I have an option to vote for the 2nd best Car, I would pick Honda Amaze for its Petrol AT. Ideal for buyers looking for a Compact Japanese Sedan.
  3. How about the queen of mass market, Swift ? That is THAT fun to drive car with a potent engine on a light weight structure with just 2 Star NCAP Crash Test rating ?! Death trap... Thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down from me.
  4. How about the Ertiga ? Top end Ertiga Petrol with AT is available around the cost of entry level Marazzo Diesel MT. Ideally Ertiga should have got my vote, if it came with IDEAL engines. Ertiga's current engines are good enough on any 5 seater, but not adequate to haul 7 people on Highway; even the 1.5 Lit 103 bHP Petrol is not ideal for 7 seater, IMHO. So even if i have a 3rd Vote, it won't go the Ertiga way, but it will go to Santro for its Space, Finish, AT, blah blah blah.

Just voted for Marazzo, as nothing came in my mind even when i was opening this thread. Can't explain why as most of the points have already been discussed, thanks to @vijay_968 !!
But anyways the reasons that i voted for it were:
1.Acres of space just when you enter this machine.
2.Engine that could haul 7 people with some luggage
3. 4 Star NCAP when most other cars have 2 or 3.
4. Made in India!!!!

If i had 2 votes, my second vote would have gone to Santro because of the following:
1.M-A-J-O-R improvement over the older Santro.
2.I personally sat in the car when my Dad was TD'ing it, and it does have comfort more than it's direct competition.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Though the list comprises of stylish Sedan's, SUV's & Hatchback, I did not take much time to select the Car I like.

Indeed, its the great Indian made, strong built, Mahindra Marazzo[cheers]

Let me tell you all the official winner,
The Automotive India's Car Of The Year Award Goes To ......
Well i think i might get banned if i tell the name of winner before it's officially selected!!

Well, I was really impressed with the spec sheet of Toyota Yaris but its pricing has just made it a DOA product.
Next is Mahindra Marazzo, Pretty impressive but only time will tell about its success story
Honda Amaze is a great product but Honda just needs to stop their cost cutting measures for increased profit.
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is surely going to be good in terms of sale
Hyundai Santro for me is just a Ugly facelift of i10, Overpriced as well
Maruti Suzuki Swift is a great blockbuster of a product, If only it would have scored better at Global NCAP
But, keeping Global NCAP scores aside, I feel Suzuki Swift is a winner. (Would have voted for the Toyota Yaris only if Toyota had priced it a bit sensibly)

I have voted for the Marazzo :

• Fuel Efficiency - Not bad for a full loaded 7 Seater
  • Value For Money - At half the price of Innova !!!
  • Looks and Design - Refreshingly new for an Mahindra and better fit and finish from the other Mahindras
  • Safety and Security - 4 Star - What a great achievement is that for an Indian Manifacturer
  • Comfort and Features - Mahindra is decent with its space and features sheet
  • Engine and Performance - Have not driven one, but have read good reviews about the new 1.5 L Diesel motor
  • Brand image and after-sales support - Mahindra has got good brand equity among SUV/ MPV buyers, but the service as I heard can be a hit or miss
Overall, it's a good step forward for Mahindra in creating Good looking, safe MPVs..

For me it was tough between Alturas and 4 star Marazzo.
Marazzo, first MUV with 4 Star GNCAP rating with all goodies making it a tough rival to Ertiga was a great product.
However, what I felt was Alturas was the vehicle which announced that coming age of Indian OEMs, The luxury SUV territory which was only for Foreign OEMs Japs, Korean, US, et al. Indian OEM came and how. The Car is equally good, super spacious, and uber luxurious. Has more whistles that what the segment leader erstwhile Forturner have.
Thus for me Alturas is vehicle for me.

voted for marazzo as it has many things which is quite competitive with that price and i feel its a good all rounder. When Innova prices are rocketing high, this is a good alternative with decent power

Voted for Mahindra Marazzo

For a company which is not known for world class design and engineering, building car like Marazzo is truly commendable job. Not only it looks world class, but it scores high on safety too. All these in one go!! I really appreciate Mahindra's effort in making affordable premium car. By Indian, for Indian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom