The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2013: Your Voice. Your Choice.

Your Vote for 'The Automotive India Car of the Year 2013' Goes To?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though my own vote was for Grand i10 - because that car looked fantastic and perfect for the price and the segment it is launched in to me and it looks good too.

Keeping any kind of flattery aside, I always knew that Ecosport is gonna make it. It looks fantastic, is a hoot to drive and believe me guys - its like a hatch on steroids instead of a compact SUV when it comes to handling.

Why this car won't win, look at all this car offers:
Small size: Practicality of a hatch.
Space: Lower than an SUV but higher than a hatch, I hope no one will jeer at me if I say 'space and comfort of a sedan'.
High GC and good boot space: Utility of an SUV, though not like a full sized SUV - but still a lot of it.
Price: It gives every car from Swift DZire to XUV a run for their money.
Performance: Its quick by every standard, especially for the size and price it is being offered on.
This car is safe: I have one in my circle, the met with an accident(though minor) and occupants are safe. In fact now they swear on Ford saying "our next car will be a Ford".
Ride and handling: Ride quality of an SUV with handling of a hatch - typical Ford it is.

Err... I am an Alan Mulally fan and hence every new Ford looks good to me I guess! :stupid:

I have read at a couple of places that Ford is this, Ford is that.. Those who want to know what has changed, read the book 'American Icon - Alan Mulally and a fight to save Ford Motor Company' or have a look at this, I am sure you will feel treated after spending an hour of your time:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is great to know that award. The car is really good one. In my perception except for 5 seater for huge price everything seems to be great about this car. I like this car very much.

Ford is not 'Focus'ing in India,so Sam's Focus will take some years!
Ecosport is one worthy car for the accolades,that's why a Ford dealer has my money in his bank for last 10 months.The trophy looks cool,the color could have been silver because the golden color is so cliched.

Good product from Ford and equally bad management right from day one! Wanted to buy even before it was released ended up deciding never ever to step in to Ford showroom! [roll]

Congratulations 350z, baby steps towards the right direction, may there be many more awards and the absolute deserving win! Congratulations to Ford!

Back when Eco sport was launched, I went to my closest showroom in delhi to book one. He told me there is a waiting period of nine months. I asked him that is very unreal. Later on I came to know that they are using this tactic to brush off potential customers.

I am happy with my Etios. Thanks.

Ugly looking car, impractical in city like bangalore. Hideously exposed engine and poor ASS of ford. Terrible turbo lag (only desl)

Thanks, i will stick my tried and tested honda brio:)

Ugly looking car, impractical in city like bangalore. Hideously exposed engine and poor ASS of ford. Terrible turbo lag (only desl)

Thanks, i will stick my tried and tested honda brio:)
You comparing with brio dude? lol

Come on. It should be compared with Duster, Terrano and etc mini SUV vehicles. All cars have there own positives and negatives. None of them will be 100% perfect you know.

[evil]
You comparing with brio dude? lol

Come on. It should be compared with Duster, Terrano and etc mini SUV vehicles. All cars have there own positives and negatives. None of them will be 100% perfect you know.
if i recall correctly, you have a honda city smt

there was a comparo btwn ford ES and city, and city comprehensively beat ES

[evil]
if i recall correctly, you have a honda city smt

there was a comparo btwn ford ES and city, and city comprehensively beat ES
Sorry, you have recalled slightly incorrect. I have VMT :tongue:

I don't know about that, could be but comparing different segments so isn't fair. At least I don't. If a customer is willing to buying a SUV, he will look for SUV's only. Even if you seek info in The Automotive Shopper section, first you have to decide whether you want hatch, sedan or suv then ask which is better in that segment. I saw some peoples asking which segment to choice from but finally they end choosing them self's.

Anyways, lets don't spoil the thread. Just say congratulations for the winner and move on. [:)]

Sorry, you have recalled slightly incorrect. I have VMT :tongue:

I don't know about that, could be but comparing different segments so isn't fair. At least I don't. If a customer is willing to buying a SUV, he will look for SUV's only. Even if you seek info in The Automotive Shopper section, first you have to decide whether you want hatch, sedan or suv then ask which is better in that segment. I saw some peoples asking which segment to choice from but finally they end choosing them self's.

[:)]
here you go,

New 2014 Honda City vs Ford EcoSport diesel: Cross-segment faceoff| ZigWheels.com

and yeah your welcome [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom