The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2013: Your Voice. Your Choice.

Your Vote for 'The Automotive India Car of the Year 2013' Goes To?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it has to be Amaze.
On the financials front, it would be near competitor to Ecosports in brining new money for company.

However on top of it, it goes miles in putting forward and establishing an image for Honda which company can reap for years.This would be reflected from their new ad in which they are trying to ride on the same image hat has been created post Amaze launch

What a car of the year it would be, where dealers are asking customers to cancel bookings or opt for some other model. [evil]

Read here:
Ford dealers ask EcoSport buyers to cancel or buy other cars
Just think about this in little positive way that ES has created such popularity and there is a huge list of waiting, so difinately it deserve for car of the year. Yes it is the failure of Ford judging the response and delivering the car, if they have such waiting period for long then they loose customers, just for example remember the waiting time for Honda Activa some time back[:)]

Though I voted,I found it a difficult process as it was like comparing an elephant to squirrel as generalmax mentioned.

dear mods
I think the poll could be more objective .We cannot compare a Volvo V40 /Merc A Class/BMW to an amaze or grand i10. All these vehicles have its own plus points ,but we need to have different categories ,since you cannot compare an elephant to a squirrel [;)]. The categorization can be price wise,body wise,Engine capacity wise etc.
Or at least make it in hatch/sedan/MPV/SUV/Crossover.
Another option is only put a maximum 5 cars that mods feel to publish and go for a vote.
Three or 4 categories will be a good option.
I welcome more thoughts on this.These were my suggestions for next year.
BTW I did vote.
+1. Great suggestion. [:D]

Thread Starter #52

350Z

Core Team
Just bumping up since today is the last day to vote although it’s almost clear who the winner is. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

kaliya

Suspended
I like Skoda Octavia. Skoda octavia if maintained properly will give you a reasonable maintenance. Skoda Octavia comes with a very powerful engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #59

350Z

Core Team
Ford EcoSport: The Automotive India Car of the Year 2013

Mr.Vinay Piparsania (Executive Director, Sales, Service and Marketing) and Ms.Deeptie Sethi (‎Head of Corporate Communications) from Ford India with TAICOTY Trophy.

Ford-Ecosport-Car-of-the-year.JPG

The Automotive India Car of the Year awards has certainly redefined the so-called term ‘Car of the Year’. Here's why:

> Judges are none, but the end-users themselves.

> Poll results are real-time and absolutely crystal clear.

> We truly intend to encourage new advancements and exceptional products in this industry rather than 'pleasing' the manufacturers (unlike most publications).

As a media, there couldn’t have been a better way to do so than honouring the winner with an actual award on behalf of audience, which is another first in the history of Indian online automotive media. So it’s my great pleasure to inform that today the well-deserved TAICOTY trophy was officially awarded to Ford India for the blockbuster, EcoSport. Present at the occasion were Mr.Vinay Piparsania (Executive Director, Sales, Service and Marketing) and Ms.Deeptie Sethi (‎Head of Corporate Communications) who were more than delighted to receive the award. This is what Mr.Piparsania has to say to TAI members and visitors: :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited by a moderator:
The trophy really looks pretty smart. Kudos [thumbswink] Surely a step forward in the online automotive world and glad that we are the first one's to do so. The tradition shall continue for years to come.

Ford Ecosport an absolute worthy winner as a product to get the TAI car of the year award. But let down by Ford's management which is focusing on exports and minting more money. Even the production constraints have not been well looked after by Ford. Hope the situation gets better in the coming months and we could have lesser waiting periods for this very Compact SUV in our market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom