The Automotive India Car Of The Year 2013: Your Voice. Your Choice.

Your Vote for 'The Automotive India Car of the Year 2013' Goes To?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford Ecosport without doubts, it created its own space with compact SUV style from Ford and made the whole industry come out with such styling compact SUV'sh cars in market.

Well, I don't see any reason why Ecosport should get this. Not because its a bad car, but I simply don't think its really worth for the TAI-COTY award. For me it comes in the 2nd or maybe 3rd position.
Apart from being a compact SUV, there isn't anything so special about it. Just personal view! Not fond of its looks too.

Talking about my contenders, I feel that I'm completely opposite to most of them. :tongue: These are the cars which I shortlisted before reading the criteria:

• Force Gurkha
  • Ford Ecosport
  • Honda Amaze
  • Hyundai Grand i10
  • Mercedes Benz A-Class
  • Skoda Octavia

Well, I spent almost 45 mins on writing this post by telling about each n every contender above. But then, got bored typing & erased everything. [roll]

I voted for the A-class considering the package Mercedes offers for the Indian buyers. Ofcourse, not a car for a middleman but I just couldn't avoid this after reading the criteria. For me, it excels in all the criteria listed.

PS: I personally haven't driven or experienced all the cars listed. My vote is just based on a few Reviews from the Internet. [glasses]

Last edited:
Voted for EcoSport, car that has changed the dynamics of Indian auto market, myself for once never thought that a car could also serve as an investment [surprise].

I think this year it would be largely a two horse race between the Amaze and the Ecosport, Ecosport is already hugely popular amidst the masses. I cast my vote for the Amaze anyways - a Honda diesel is a big thing for me, and i secretly believe it will be an year for Honda in 2014!!

Why ES ?? because the initial response, the numbers on road, then numbers on waiting and finally bookings closed[clap], so numbers who are waiting to book ES[lol]. Is this kind of thing happened for any car in 2013[surprise]

No. of bookings or no. of Ecosports on road does not qualify for my choice. I voted for the Chevy Sail Sedan because that is the car I would have gone for based on my liking & affordability. I love the decent Cruze like looks it has for a compact sedan. [:D]
Yet, I am sure that based on no. of votes here, Ecosport would be a clear winner. It was a nice close fight between Duster & Ertiga last year. Not this time though.

^^KR, I agree with you on Sail Sedan, even I have the same thoughts, but it failed to pick numbers due to its FE issues[:)] and recall for engine problems

Ecosport is just a small car, on heels for big money with lots of equipments.
My vote is for the Grand i10, even though highway performance, ride and handling is not as good.
But the Grand i10 is by far the most VFM hatch and has got good space also.

My vote goes to Ford Ecosport. There is no competition for this wonderful product.
Ford has created a fantastic product which an every car lover is looking for. It is an eye opener for all car manufacturers. They proved they can give everything in a common man’s reach. It put a brake on the sky rocketed Toyota Innova & Renault Duster! One area Ford miserably failed is on delivering the product when customer need!

The EcoSport I'd think, since it is a new segment and is doing very well. The Honda Amaze was on my list too, because of the great fuel efficiency but there is no new innovation in it, since it is an elongated version of the Brio itself. The Amaze is amazing with a nice Honda engine, but the small SUV segment is what is really catching on.

I think the choices and perceptions of Indians are changing. 15 years back Indians were comfortable with small cars. Now people are more bent to larger cars and SUVs.

In 2012 TAI-COTY was Duster an SUV , even in 2013 it would be Ecosport another mini SUV.

@ KR/ Gurrala - i am really surprised of your liking towards Sail Sedan - I had driven a brand new petrol one of my friend and honestly i couldn't find one good reason to buy it and i am not even going in to the problems it had subsequently.

@ KR/ Gurrala - i am really surprised of your liking towards Sail Sedan - I had driven a brand new petrol one of my friend and honestly i couldn't find one good reason to buy it and i am not even going in to the problems it had subsequently.
Iron Rock, I don't want to get into a debate to prove my choice. In the available options this year, Sail sedan is a good option if one is looking for a mid-size sedan other than D-zire. The space inside is good & has comfortable seating. I personally don't like Amaze as the front is same as Brio & rear heavily resembles the D-zire. And many have the same opinion & reason for not going for Amaze. Ecosport to me is just another hatchback which is over-grown. On road in a heavy traffic, it easily gets lost among other tall boy hatchbacks like Santro. Besides this, the rear seat is too cramped for my liking. So at the price point of Sail sedan, it is my choice based on VFM aspect.
On my list, 2nd best option would be the Grand i10.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom