The Auto Expo 2020 Thread

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Indeed, excellent Expo coverage by @350Z and Akash1886. Also nice and live photographs.[clap]
You guys always give everything your best, and what comes out of it is spectacular. I really appreciate your efforts/work.

Well done. Thanks to both of you[cheers]

Thread Starter #62

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Indeed, excellent Expo coverage by @350Z and Akash1886. Also nice and live photographs.
You guys always give everything your best, and what comes out of it is spectacular. I really appreciate your efforts/work.

Well done. Thanks to both of you
Sir, with utmost respect I accept your humble praise for the coverage of Expo 2020. The collective support and affection given to us by the TAIgers has been the driving force behind our efforts to make sure that every coverage on TAI is detailed and to the liking of my TAIgers. Moving forward, I assure all of you that we'll be making consistent efforts and collectively take the benchmark of TAI coverage further up. Covering the Expo 2020 was a big responsibility and we are happy that all of you appreciated our efforts and the coverage. I am thankful to @350Z (Vibhor) for giving this platform to express my passion of automobiles and share it with like-minded and supportive group of enthusiasts. It is for a reason I call TAI as my Family!

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #63

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

I was there even today to witness the last day excitement of the 2020 Expo. Though this year, the Expo was a bit low on crowd mainly because of Economic slowdown & Corona Virus but still it was worthy enough to go to for checking out the upcoming / new cars. This time around major brands like Audi, BMW, Toyota and a couple more held back their participation so the overall display area was just good and not really extraordinary if compared to the 2016 or even 2018 edition. Every time when its the last day of the auto expo I personally feel a bit low reason being the excitement ends and the wait of next one begins. To me the highlights of this year's event were:

1) Tata's Lineup of PV(s) specially the Sierra & Gravitas

2) KIA's Carnival Limousine

3) Hyundai's Creta

4) Suzuki Jimny

5) Mahindra's XUV3OO Electric

I hope the next one will be much bigger edition and many more brands come up and participate so that we enthusiasts aren't left disappointed. Let us keep our fingers crossed and hope for best!!

Regards
Akash

Awesome coverage of the Auto Expo guys. I also managed to make it on Tuesday (2nd last day) as was too tied up with work and travelling. Definitely, the enthusiasm was a little low in the arena but still TATA put on a great show. Same for MG, Hyundai, Kia as well. I hope the next one has much greater participation.

Now that you have seen the gravitas unclose and personal, I know its not apple to apple comparison, still, how does it compare with Hexa? Both are 7 seaters hence the question, you have both with 6 seater with captain seats in the auto expo, how did they feel inside? and in bare metal. What would people prefer? Now that Harrier is so fully loaded would it make sense to go for Gravitas or Hexa makes sense?

Thread Starter #66

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Now that you have seen the gravitas unclose and personal, I know its not apple to apple comparison, still, how does it compare with Hexa?
Hexa no doubt is a capable vehicle and Gravitas is yet to prove it's performance among the enthusiasts. Hexa got pushed back simply because of the perception of TML among people otherwise it wasn't a bad / outdated product. I hope with the launch of Gravitas and the pre-launch drives would give better picture of how the SUV performs.

Both are 7 seaters hence the question, you have both with 6 seater with captain seats in the auto expo, how did they feel inside? and in bare metal.
Firstly, both Hexa & Gravitas are based on 2 different platforms i.e Hexa on the old Aria platform with Impact design language where as the Gravitas is based on the JLR Platform. Inside, the Gravitas to me personally was nothing really different from the Harrier apart from the ODO console, the White Upholstery and 3rd row seats. To be honest, I did not like the rear end of the Gravitas in flesh rather the Harrier's rear is much better in person as I feel.

What would people prefer? Now that Harrier is so fully loaded would it make sense to go for Gravitas or Hexa makes sense?
Personally, If I am looking for a 5+ seater I will go for the Hexa still with the Captain seats. If its about a spacious 5 seater SUV, Harrier it will be in Black Color. See, essentially the LR Discovery platform has been used in Harrier and now extended to the Gravitas. Though width wise as a 5 seater Harrier is very spacious but when it comes to the 3rd Row addition, I personally would like to experience it first and till then I reserve my view.

Regards
Akash

Top Bottom