The 21 Gun Salute International Vintage Car Rally & Concours Show 2020

350Z

Core Team
That’s one heck of a coverage. Thanks @Akash1886 for bringing these beauties closer to us who couldn’t attend the show. I’m still drooling looking at the wide range of priceless vintage and classics showcased. [thumbsup]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Thanks Akash1886 for the coverage of those oldies which are rare to see otherwise. And wondering how they made beautiful dashboard with fittings/features years back when they don't have the fancy machineries which are available now.[clap]

Also nice to see how well they are being maintained even now.[cheers]

Thread Starter #26

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Thanks Akash1886 for the coverage of those oldies which are rare to see otherwise.
My pleasure Sir. Glad the coverage came out well.

And wondering how they made beautiful dashboard with fittings/features years back when they don't have the fancy machineries which are available now.
Sir, designing is no easy feat. Today most cars have a "futuristic" or "spaceship" like dash design but one essential thing which is kind of missing in today's time is the saying "beauty lies in simplicity". There is always going to be difference in a digital design layout Vs hand crafted design. In those days there were craftsmen who with their bare hands and simple tools crafted timeless designs which in today's time might be easy to re-create but misses out on genuineness. Eg: Faux wooden inserts are used to give premium feel today but to be honest the faux wood inserts will never give a impression that a crafted and well design pure wood insert would give.

Also nice to see how well they are being maintained even now.
Sheer Passion I would say. My personal Favorite among the many were:

1) 1939 Rolls Royce Wraith of Mr. Gautam Singhania

2) The Khimsar Collection of HH Dhananjai Singh ji

Regards
Akash

Top Bottom