Test Driven Tata Nano Ended in Minor Crash. Now Suggestion Required.

Dear Ramesh
Your post is excellent-many will benefit from it-i own a Tata car-but also suspected that the car did not feel "showroom fresh" when i bought it-suspected the vehicle had been used as a test car,but then decided to leave things
I am not sure how one can identify such a lemon-i am sure they can tamper with the distance traveled gauge easily.
Perhaps some TAI experts could help with some pointers.
Hope someone from TML reads your post and does something-no marks for guessing why their sales figures are heading down.
+1
If tata not aware/ignore these things then they will be as ordinary as now.

@all,

You can check if TATA showrooms have TD car from their website. Make sure you buy your car from the showrooms that have TD cars. As the chances of misusing the booked cars are less.

Its applicable to all the manufacturers.

Ramesh your incident though painful has proved that the customers are no longer cheated, this is not the company's fault but these are fraudulent dealers who is the sole reason for Tata's reputation in the country, i feel very bad for the sales rep, where they work for daily bread(did not like his attitude though) and these dealers want to pressurize everything on them which is very bad and unethical to some extent i might say.

Was following this thread closely, but i couldn't get time to reply, i did not know that we don't need to pay for the damage was caused, but 2000 Rs was enough for the mistake from our side, after all this mishap, do you intend to buy the nano?

Ramesh,thankyou for sharing this episode occured with you and your family and kudos for handling the situation in the best manner one can.
But as what alex said i too also would want you to let the incident know to Tata motors,this would allow them to act wisely for their dealer in the future.For every such incidents not just about the accident with a TD or non TD vehicle but for everything associated with Tata motors would be reflected on Tata's image only.
Here as a common understanding would be bashing tata motors for having such dealers with themselves which applies for their brand image as well.Do mail them about this if you can.

Ramesh,thankyou for sharing this episode occured with you and your family and kudos for handling the situation in the best manner one can.
But as what alex said i too also would want you to let the incident know to Tata motors,this would allow them to act wisely for their dealer in the future.For every such incidents not just about the accident with a TD or non TD vehicle but for everything associated with Tata motors would be reflected on Tata's image only.
Here as a common understanding would be bashing tata motors for having such dealers with themselves which applies for their brand image as well.Do mail them about this if you can.
Ramesh please inform tata,as it affects it only affects tata's reputation.I personally is against tata on their old products and the current reputation but i dream of tata to be the best seller in india.

When I went for my Nano's first free servicing in Concorde motors, I saw a Test drive Nano which had a huge dent on the front fender. My SA told couple of days ago, a customer hit the car on the gate while trying to enter the showroom after the test drive. I asked who will bear the expenses of the accident, the customer or the showroom. The SA replied that these incidents are bound to happen in TD car and the showroom bears the cost at least for minor accidents. There had not been any major accidents till date hence he didn't had any idea. He added just for a couple of thousand rupees, the showroom cannot afford to lose the customers.

Regarding the incident happened with Ramesh, I seriously doubt with 3 meters driving the compressor can get damaged. And 12000 is a huge amount for car like Nano. I guess they were trying to extract money for other repairs as well. And taking customer for TD is a part of Sales person's job. I don't see any reason from the showroom to deduct the amount from his salary in case of an accident even if customer is at fault. I am sure he was cooking up stories to extract the money (in short emotional blackmail).

Top Bottom