Temperature Monitor for My Spark

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

After seeing Mr. Varun's DIY on AC accesories, I thought of giving some life to my long time wish to have temperature monitor in my spark. I found the following on eBay.com [not eBay.in ]

Dash Board - Fixable - 01
dash-board-fixable-01.jpg
Hot LCD Car Auto Digital Clock outside and inside Temperature Thermometer
Price of the product
Cost : 5.99 USD
Shipping : 5.79 USD
Total : 11.38 USD
IN INR : Rs.629.15

Dash Board - Fixable - 02
dash-board-fixable-02.jpg
Digital Car Volt Meters voltage Temperature &Thermometer Monitor Meter C/F Clock
Price of the product
Cost : 9.99 USD
Shipping : 4.99 USD
Total : 14.98 USD
IN INR : Rs.828.17

Dash Board - Stickable - 01
dash-board-stickable-01.jpg
Multi-functional Car dual Digital Thermometer Temperature Display Alarm Clock
Price of the product
Cost : 16.96 USD
Shipping : 0 USD
Total : 16.96 USD
IN INR : Rs.937.63

Dash Board - Stickable - 02
dash-board-stickable-02.jpg
LCD Car Auto Digital Clock Temperature Thermometer Voltage Multifunction Monitor
Price of the product
Cost : 4.49 USD
Shipping : 5.99 USD
Total : 10.48 USD
IN INR : Rs.579.39

If i choose the first one or second one hope I can fix it in the marked area
DSC00942_800x450-stickable.jpg

If I choose the 3rd or 4th one I have to find a place above dash board.
DSC00957_800x450.jpg

As per the specification some of the products can be connected to the cigerate lighter some has battery provision. in case of cigerate lighter, is it neccesarily to only connect to that cigerate lighter or it can be fixed to any power supply?

Thread Starter #3
Good idea but how are you going to connect that, wires will be passed on dash which will not look nice.

Since you have done already I was thinking of asking you that. Before that let me tell you what I had planned. It might be wrong also.

My wish was the second 1. Pls read the last line of my post. If the power can be connected direcy to the power source, I thought of cutting the cigarate lighter end and connect the wire to source inside the dashboard somehow [ Not sure how]

For the external sensor, I have no idea since I do not know where it has to be fixed or how it has to be fixed.

Eager to see the final outcome. I think in Varun's car the inside sensor is connected somewhere behind the front seat. No idea about the outside sensor.

Is your Spark under warranty? If yes, then avoid cutting any OEM wires. It can be a big issue later. You can however use metal clips & fix them to the Cigaratte lighter points. That way you will get the power without cutting wires.

Top Bottom