Teflon Coating - Worth It?

Thread Starter #17
yes guys this is good for hard dirt, mix water diesel and shampoo for best results.
but remember, after the wash i use soft cloth(buy from a car cleaning accessory showroom) to wipe the whole car.

The orange cloth noramlly sold as Dusters(orange) are best suited for wiping, it being soft wipes dust with ease and doent cause minute scratches caused during wiping of the dry dust.

[:)]
And, if you are stuck in a traffic jam ... you have some reading material!!
But does anyone know what newspapers, and not any other paper, works so well?

350Z

Core Team
[:)]
And, if you are stuck in a traffic jam ... you have some reading material!!
But does anyone know what newspapers, and not any other paper, works so well?
We're moving Off-Topic but Newspaper works best or else sometimes I spray colin and wipe it off with a soft cloth.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I have done teflon coating for my Honda Unicorn and I felt it is not worth doing it. Teflon is supposed to be one of the hardest substance and they claim that it will protect from minor scratches. But in my experience it was not protecting my Uni from any minor scratches. I once rode with a light bag on the tank and I could see new scratches! I think it is a waste of money and dealers are taking advantage of new buyers by making them do a Teflon coating.
We can very well mange minor scratches with waxing once in 6 months.

teflon coat on black is big no no from my side.
teflon gives extraordinary shine but it is a scratch magnet . light scratches easily reflects off from teflon coatings.
its like 50-50 good bad.

flaking of coating and such abnormalities may happen if the coating is not genuine DUPONT teflon (only dupont is original manufacturer of teflon holding the patent) and there are many number of counterfeits and fake coatings. so beware.

Re: Teflon coating

Dear Friends,

My friend is taking delivery of his Vento today. He wants teflon coating done on his car today or max tomorrow. Please suggest geniune dealers or service stations in Gurgaon, who uses Dupont teflon coating.

Is it really worth it, please throw some light on it as well.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Teflon coating

Dear Friends,

My friend is taking delivery of his Vento today. He wants teflon coating done on his car today or max tomorrow. Please suggest geniune dealers or service stations in Gurgaon, who uses Dupont teflon coating.

Is it really worth it, please throw some light on it as well.
Shailinder, is the Teflon coating being provided by the dealer for free or your friend is willing to get it done on his own? In case the latter, he could have insisted the dealer but I doubt if anything will work out at last moment. Generally, this is not needed though. He can instead spend on anti-rust coating and wax the car once in a couple of months.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Recently I have seen so many car owners are doing teflon coating.What is the benefit of teflon coating? Does it really worth? I heard it will loose with one diesel wash.
Or waxing is enough?

Hi Mate,If you ask me, my personal experience with so called teflon coating was not good ,i got teflon coting done on my car (swift dzire) by tupont teflon delear (thats what he told me) in Mulund,after the coat car shined for few days but after that it was back to its normal shine which was befor the coat ,i also came to know that in mumbai very few people use that actual teflon coation and its very expensive ,all they do is waxing and claim it as teflon .
i suggest you insted of going for tefflon wax your car once in three months and your car will look and shine good .
Cheers[:)]

Top Bottom