Volkswagen Vento: Technical Problems & Solutions

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Vento fails to reverse

Something must be wrong with TD vehicles then.
i commented the same to him , the person from vw. and he said don't know sir will get it checked tomorrow.

but yeah the receptionist was good [:)]

i mean she called me after a week and i said i have decided i20 and she said " congrats on your choice sir" i felt so good [:)]

and the skoda's receptionist just hung up the phone [anger]

Last edited:

i commented the same to him , the person from vw. and he said don't know sir will get it checked tomorrow.
but yeah the receptionist was good [:)]
i mean she called me after a week and i said i have decided i20 and she said " congrats on your choice sir" i felt so good [:)]
and the skoda's receptionist just hung up the phone [anger]
I know what you mean by receptionist was nice. You reminded me of something exactly opposite that happened with me:

I took test drive of i20 and a week later i20 sales agent called me and I said I booked polo, hung up on me. The sales agent was a guy!! So, exactly opposite you see.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I know what you mean by receptionist was nice. You reminded me of something exactly opposite that happened with me:

I took test drive of i20 and a week later i20 sales agent called me and I said I booked polo, hung up on me. The sales agent was a guy!! So, exactly opposite you see.
i think vw people were trained like this only [:)] but yeah bad luck since they had wrong car for TD. i loved the suspension of the polo ad obviously the build quality.

Oh !! god all in all what is happening with this VW cars, dealers and the company[surprise]. The complaints are just increasing and customer care seems to be pathetic and company is not at all bothered it seems !!

Looking the above, I feeling that some what TATA guys are better than the VW atleast they respond quickly and replace the parts without charges. The charges told by Alan are very very high !!

I really wonder why this much difference in consumables cost between cars like VW,Skoda and the Maruti & TATA[confused]

Oh !! god all in all what is happening with this VW cars, dealers and the company[surprise]. The complaints are just increasing and customer care seems to be pathetic and company is not at all bothered it seems !!

Looking the above, I feeling that some what TATA guys are better than the VW atleast they respond quickly and replace the parts without charges. The charges told by Alan are very very high !!

I really wonder why this much difference in consumables cost between cars like VW,Skoda and the Maruti & TATA[confused]
Becuase in their head they think they are upmarket and more premiuim then tata and maruti . [frustration]

And parts are expensive because their localization is less compared to tata , maruti .
This is the precise reason why gm , ford are still having bad name considering spare parts being expensive in past , even though now they are 80% localizing the parts and things are very cheaper people are till holding yesteryears memories .

@ allhyundai and righnow - I ave driven the Polo once the gear shits were smooth like butter infact I would say best in class . The attitude in showroom was very filmi and robotic ( many smiles but not from the heart ) .
IMHO the best friendly response I have ever got is from - Toyota , tata , mahindra . Mahindra and tata being more genuine and warm and courteous .

Anyways now the prob is solved in my aunts Vento,but they took alot of time,never going to go to that dealership again and they did not agree to change gearbox easily as i first assumed,the vento was parked cross at the entrance when they did not agree,then key given to them to reverse it out,so they got an idea of the harassment the owner was facing.

Anyways here is a tip to know whether your vento gearbox is a faulty one -

Any decent driving experience person should feel right at home while shifting gears in the Vento.
When the faulty gearbox was there,it was not possible for me to downshift from 3rd to 2nd,instead i had to slot it to 1st then go to 2nd.

There was a tricky knack to downshift to 2nd which i would get a hang of only after a few min of using the car everytime i drove it,the dealership had made my aunt believe it was normal,but i even remember asking a vento owner on this forum about this many months ago & said there was no such issue.

Now that the gear box is changed I do not have that downshift issue as before,so I am pretty sure thats the way of knowing ,so if your vento is new & it has a weird downshift,insist a complete replacement at first sign of trouble.

Last edited:
I have hardly come across gear shift problems in a VW polo/vento. In fact, if there is even a slightest of problem in slotting of gears, it must be taken to workshop.
Still, good to know that the car is back in shape and hope the car is not facing any problem these days. Can we have more recent updates on this vento if you get time??

Volkswagen Vento worst car

This is really a very bad experience for me to becoming a Volkswagen user. I am having Volkswagen Vento purchased in 3-4 year back. In last year I was came to know that there is some problem with gear shifting mechanism, when I requested to Volkswagen customer care they diverted the issue to local dealer and who is unable to help me. Ultimately I have to get this changed.
Then I reported the issue of displaying spring on car control panel many time and every time I was told that the issue is resolved now. 3 months back I again reported the same problem and local service centre informed me that fuel injector need to be replaced. There are 4 fuel injector having cost of 20000 each but I don’t know these were replaced free of cost. Again 2-3 days back I found the same problem of displaying spring on my dashboard and this time I was told that this is due to same cable. The cost of rectifying the defect is 6000/-bugs.
Really guys I am very frustrated with this vehicle. I purchased this looking at the car reliability but it seems it is worst car I have ever seen in my life. In past I used Marui Suzuki (2 different models) and currently also using one Hyundai but never find any issue but this car is really bad one. My recommendation is not to use this CAR.
[lol]

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently my dashboard half light started flickering. Video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L93bsPsBxEk

Does anybody knows what might me the issue here?

It used to flicker and it will turn on normally for some days then after flickering it was turning off for some days. But nowadays it stops flickering and my dashboard is half blacked out.

Does anybody has any idea?

Last edited:
I drive a VolksWagen Vento 2015 model. My rear spring does not perform great on bigger speed breakers. I often feel that the car jumps flat on these and touches the engine. I have heard about utheran buffers available in the market. Any reviews on whether they are helpful?

Thank you in advance
Malhar

Hi Suryaputra...can you pls guide me.
I have a VW Vento petrol Highline 2011 model. Three days back the AC suddenly stopped working. No display, nothing. VW people say that the BCM & AC motor need to be replaced. How to go about this?

I have a Volkswagen Vento so after a long outstaion trip reached my city slowed down at a signal put it into neutral when the signal turned green put it in drive mode the car didn’t move so shifted to parking mode revved it a little bit and it started moving forward . The battery is new . This has happened a few times after that . Mine is a 2011 Volkswagen Vento automatic . However if you put it in reverse at that time it moves . Do advise if anyone has faced the same problem if so what needs to be done ?

i thought it was just me facing this problem.

i have driven skoda my friend's car fabia and laura as well as vwtest drive vehicles polo and vento . all diesel.

with skoda's gearbox i didn't have any problem but with polo and vento [anger]

actually the problem was i couldn't get the gear into first from revers [surprise] i even used both my hands and even the person sitting besides me tried . and i was shocked to experience this.

i said the same thing i said here , skoda's gearbox doesn't have any problem.
You should do the "Basic Setting" of the Gearbox with VCDS/Odis Scanner.

Hi Suryaputra...can you pls guide me.
I have a VW Vento petrol Highline 2011 model. Three days back the AC suddenly stopped working. No display, nothing. VW people say that the BCM & AC motor need to be replaced. How to go about this?
There should be only one problem BCM or Motor not both.
Also check the wiring and fuse.
What's the DTC code in the Scanning report?

Recently my dashboard half light started flickering. Video link:

Does anybody knows what might me the issue here?

It used to flicker and it will turn on normally for some days then after flickering it was turning off for some days. But nowadays it stops flickering and my dashboard is half blacked out.

Does anybody has any idea?
It could be the faulty cluster meter, remember vento/polo ecm programing is in the cluster meter. Scan it once and check the fault codes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom