Technical Help and Discussions for Hero Honda Karizma.

Thread Starter #1
Hey Guys I have a HERO HONDA KARIZMA December 2006 model. I have lots of problem related to my bike. the big issue is the mileage of bike. my bike's mileage is 15-20 km/litre and my other friends 2004-05 model's giving 30+ mileage. SO what will be the problem for that low mileage and how can I improve my bike's mileage? [confused]

Reasons:
-Running Rich fuel mixture , To check this turn your bike on and then go near the exhaust and see if you can smell petrol if yes than thats the problem

-Limp mode, Does your bike have a computer ? If yes diagnose it. Probably sensors failed

- Current Flow, Spark plugs can be the reason

- Intake leak (this will make Idle very rough)

Mileage also depends on how you ride it. If your pushing it to limits , than it can be the reason your losing mileage

Thread Starter #3
okay answer's of your questions..
reasons
1. exhaust means.. what.. ? silencers end or some other area?

2. LIMP MODE didn't understand..and yes my bike's sensors I fitted central locking system to it.. whenever some touches my bike it give a siren and I can start my bike with a remote too... so is my central locking system's creating problem??

3. current flow yes may be my wirings are damaged.. but can there's any connection of wiring with mileage?

4. no there's no leakage.

and I was a fast bike rider but now a days since 6-7 months I am riding my bike in between 40-60 km [:)]

Exhaust means the silencer of your bike.

Limp Mode means when your computer system fails , your bike runs on default configuration or you can say emergency mode making the mileage POOR

Current is essential because thats how the fuel gets burnt via sparkplugs if thats poor can harm efficiency

Air leak is different. You never know
Get your bike checked brother

Thread Starter #8
thanks
and what's the difference between original & local clutch plates?
will local clutch do something wrong with the bike performance and how much it cost for original clutch plates. ?

Thread Starter #9
Technical help for KARIZMA PREMIUM SPORT

Hello Members
I have karizma premium sports 2006 model.
I am facing a problem since morning. My bike's not starting properly. not with self nor by kick. it starts for seconds and than off. again & again many times happening the same. petrol is enough. yesterday it was fine but today not starting. tell me something. what can be the problem?[frustration]

Akram bhai. Head towards nearest service centre. Your bike seem to be not serviced properly/ timely in past. All will be ok. Rest, codename has explained you properly.

Thread Starter #11
Nozzlering Sir.. Nearest service centre is 14 km far from my home. and local mechanics also are too far from here. that's why I asked here. to know the problem than I will call any mechanic or service centre because when I call them they always ask what's the problem first tell us the problem than we'll send some to pick your bike. cause its so far from our centre. that's why I asked what can be the problem for this.

Akramkhan, your query has been answered in post #2,4,6 and 7. In my opinion, your bike has more than one problem. The reason could be one, more than one, or all of below:
  • Maintenance schedule not followed properly.
  • Maintenance done by not so competent person.
  • Bike not handled properly. It also includes frequently pushing the bike to limits.

Anyways, in given situation, take the bike to a good mechanic or a service centre, howsoever far it is. Your Karizma seriously needs it.

Top Bottom