Technical Difference Between Alto800 and K10 Tyres / Brakes

Thread Starter #1
Hi Fellows,

had a query regarding difference (technical) between the tires of alto800 and k10. the former has 12" tires and latter has 13". Have also heard that there is some disk brake size differences and that of the wheel arches. Would appreciate is someone could throw some light on this and pictorial description if possible would be added advantage. Main thing behind this is upgrade for my alto 800 to that of k10.

Re: Technical Difference between Alto800 and K10 Tyres/Brakes

...upgrade for my alto 800 to that of k10.
Stay back unless you plan to transplant the engine & transmission from K10.
Tyres and brakes are designed (Choosen) based on certain parameters like engine power, vehicle mass, blahblahblah.

13"--Yeah go ahead but get ready for a stiffer and uncomfortable ride on uneven surfaces at the same time better handling/cornering. Dont do it for cosmetic reasons.
brakes--yes it can be done once you confirm (from a mass mech) its a direct bolton fit to alto800. If there is any jugaad involved just stay away.

Even I have enquired about the gear nob of K10 to fit in my Alto. But alas ! MASS said that it is not possible because K10 has a snap on type and Alto has screw in type. I came back broken heartedly.

You need to mention the width of the tire which is more vital for braking aspect. Generally, the more the width, more efficient the brake will be due to the increased rolling resistance and added surface grip.

Generally your car's odometer will show the distance covered by the tire RPM. If you change the diameter of the tire from 12 to 13, your distance reading will not be accurate.

Thread Starter #7
Firstly sorry for responding late.

Thanks all for your replies...will be going in for tire upgrade this month. Will let you all know the details once i get that done.

Thread Starter #9
Thanks Sam for the link. Its really useful.
It will surely help me in my upgrade due next month :)

Edit: Would appreciate if someone can provide pointer to a good Alloy Design

Thanks Sam for the link. Its really useful.
It will surely help me in my upgrade due next month :)

Edit: Would appreciate if someone can provide pointer to a good Alloy Design
Alloy design depends on personal taste, so no one else can take a call for you. On a similar subject, I strongly advice you to go ONLY for good brands (Neo, Aura, Apollo, etc) and totally avoid the budget/cheap Chinese/Taiwanese brands as inferior quality wheels would jeopardize your safety.

Top Bottom