Technical Clarifications for Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I own a 2007 end Model Maruti 800 and am from chennai. i would like to have some clarification.

What is coolent. It is located near radiator. should i use only specific water to fill that tank or any ordinary water can be used.
I had a problem of self start. And also when I drove the car in the night and restart the car after stoping some where it wont start. then some one will push the car, it will get start. for this when i checked with batery person he said the battery was bad and asked me to change the battery. I have changed 2 battaries in 4 years. I got the same problem 2 days after changing the battery. then the battery shop checked and told me the power from dynomo was not enough. that is why when you drove the car with AC and Headlights on the battery getting drained fastly. Then he asked me to check with maruti as well with local electrical mechanic. When i checked with Maruti they said somehting need to be changed and it would cost me around 3 to 4k. when i check with local guy he said he will try to some extra wire from dynamo directly to battery. He did it and I do not have that problem for past 1 and half months. Suddenly I got the same problem couple of weeks ago but again no problem from that. I want to know is this right ? can i leave it as it is or i change as maruti mentioned.
One more thing when the guy checked the battery for discharging after switching off everything also the connected light was glowing. is that common or any problem in it.
Have some problem in my harn. Recent days I have this problem. when i start the car it wont work. but after 10 15 mints it will start working.
i have small dents here and there in my car which happend at various points of my leaning and early days of driving. Can i get insurance cover for rectifing those now.
I had a JVC DVD player fixed in my car. Some problem in it. Is there any official JVC service center in chennai
AC does nto have much effect. I have sticked sun control films also. in spite of that it is level is very low. should i have to change gas or anything?
where i can fix cheap power windows, remote key, white color cabin light [not the conventional yellow light], nice digital clock etc in chennai. [ i do not want spend more on that ] i tried in usman road T. Nagar but could not find. Is there any specific shop in G,.P road, so that I can easily go there and find whatever i need.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Some clarification for Maruti 800

Let me break-up the number of queries.

What is coolent. It is located near radiator. should i use only specific water to fill that tank or any ordinary water can be used.
Basically, coolant assists to keep the temperature of engine stable. The reservoir is located on extreme right side under the hood of Maruti 800. You should fill it with coolant only and avoid the use of water.

When i checked with Maruti they said somehting need to be changed and it would cost me around 3 to 4k. when i check with local guy he said he will try to some extra wire from dynamo directly to battery. He did it and I do not have that problem for past 1 and half months. Suddenly I got the same problem couple of weeks ago but again no problem from that. I want to know is this right ? can i leave it as it is or i change as maruti mentioned.
He might have attempted to do a temporary fix. Please get it re-checked with a couple of authorized Maruti Suzuki service centres.

i have small dents here and there in my car which happend at various points of my leaning and early days of driving. Can i get insurance cover for rectifing those now.
No. Also, it is not recommended to claim insurance for minor damages.

I had a JVC DVD player fixed in my car. Some problem in it. Is there any official JVC service center in chennai
How long it has been since you fixed the unit? Maybe it would be still under warranty. You should call workshop from where the system was fixed and ask for the appropriate action.

AC does nto have much effect. I have sticked sun control films also. in spite of that it is level is very low. should i have to change gas or anything?
Yes. Get the A/C Gas checked.

where i can fix cheap power windows, remote key, white color cabin light [not the conventional yellow light], nice digital clock etc in chennai. [ i do not want spend more on that ] i tried in usman road T. Nagar but could not find. Is there any specific shop in G,.P road, so that I can easily go there and find whatever i need.
Can you please start a separate thread in Accessories Section? We have a few members from Chennai. Maybe they will be able to help you. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

maruti guys must have asked you to change the alternator.
constant low battery must have made the dynamo aka alternator burn kind off.

alternator is exact term and dynamo is electrician's lang. old car used to have them .

Hope you battery is new now.
check the alternator. it can be serviced!! replacing is last and final option , willing to spend , its the best option to replace.

Maruti dont every prone to ecm problem , check them with a scanner .

Horns etc all relates to weak /faulty alternator

for ac , weak alternator means the ac system will be cut off.
to be in safe mode kind off.

Check for whole wiring system , something may be grounded!!

Looking for cheap power windows!! stay away.
stick to branded always . cheap ones will entertain you a day or two and keeps you worried till end.

Looking on your post i feel , that you do not maintain/service your car regularly .
its just my opinion!

Do not look for cheap option always!

Be good to your car and it will be good to you.
800's are easy to maintain and lot of skilled mechanic;s are available for them , so do the spares .

Thread Starter #6
ilango[speed thirst];85705 said:
Looking on your post i feel , that you do not maintain/service your car regularly .
its just my opinion!

Do not look for cheap option always!

Be good to your car and it will be good to you.
800's are easy to maintain and lot of skilled mechanic;s are available for them , so do the spares .
I don't know why you feel that way. Anyhow, I do maintain my car regularly. Certain things I would like to do it myself or at least learn to do it [ How I take care of all my residence electrical and plumbing needs by myself ]

I would like to know the options always as you know it is hard earned money [ for everyone. i did not mean to hurt u or anyone] I have lot of examples for this related to my car.

Anyway thank you for your concern. If am making [ I do ] any mistakes I will try to rectify it.

Regarding this alternator or battery problem, I was mentioning this to service person every time I go for service. They say it is rectified but I would get it again. I have tried Papular, ABT, even a small time player [ but authorized by maruti ] Nothing worked out.

Only the wiring matter worked. I don't know why that problem repeated only once after a month [ and after that it is mostly 15 days i did not got the problem ]

I had problem with even the floor carpet. Carpet under back seat is not at all properly fixed. Earlier after my first service when i given it was not rectified. When a customer care called from a authorized service center, I had refereed and she immediately sent a person. When I was explaining things to him he coolly said "you will get only this much for 2l rupees". I was really shocked when he said that. Does he thought I got that 2l rupees on road or i looted somewhere.

From then on I don't like going to maruti service center at all. As much as possible I clean the car myself [ both int and ext ]. I go only for yearly service after the specific KM mentioned by maruti hand book.

Luckily I did not got any major problem till date. Recently I got problem with horn, and the same guy told me to replace the horn. Recently I bought roots horn pair for Rs.370 from usman road. Today when I took the car to the guy, not even once the horn was failed.

I do not know whether the problem is with horn or the switch in steering wheel. I have returned home without fixing. let me wait and see for couple of days and then fix the new horn.

I had couple of scratches and dents because of my inexperience in driving. Actually as some one said, I had learnt car driving properly going for classes couple of years back before I got my car. Some dents where made by some people when i had parked my car and went for shoping or some thing.

Last year, we had to go to panagal park saravana stores for some purchasing, No parking space was there. so i had parked in the area next to that [ do not know the name ] just behind that metro shoes and all. When I came back after an hour, there was a huge line marked in the bannet.

Like this, there were some problem.

Apart from that, always I love my car. It is my first car. I wanted to buy a car for my dad [ he was driver for all mayors in madurai as he was madurai corporation driver ] for which he can be owner and he will drive his own car. But un fortunately when i got it, my dad was not there.

So whatever car i get in future it will be dedicated to my father and I will love it more than myself.

Body job is second thing you must give importance - yeah it is my business , but i stick to what i say.

first get the whole wiring checked by a good mech/electrician.

Is that a problem with alternator or by improper negative wire.

Hope battery is not a culprit here.

Even a tata service people replied the same thing in different way.

A manza came with rear windshield got off from its place. all of no reason . no crack nothing etc.

ours went there for wheel side problem.
some came with faulty lights etc.

when we all were waiting , one asked why manza has so many problem(the one who got his windshield off from its place for no reason.)

the service executive replied , sir , manza has these many feature for 6L . so there may be imperfection.

Thread Starter #8
that is really bad. why people does not think about money.

K

last week my friend had a problem in his swift. when he took it to maruti sevice, it seems they have connected some computer aided tool and found what could be the problem.

Dont we have such type for maruti 800.

Thread Starter #10
YES it is MPFI Model. What I have to tell maruti service guys. sometime they will say this not needed that is not needed and try to avoid things if we do not know in detail

As far as i know , maruti 800 has a simple ecm , its not loaded too much and more over it do not fails that easily.

Compared to swift kind of cars , maruti 800's ecm does basic thing. But no harm in checking them. But the current voltage cant be measured since ecm runs on 5v .

Alternator issue have no clues with ecm. i am 97% sure on this.

Thread Starter #12
Mr. Ilango, I was just going thru the old threads of mine and found this. I think at that time we were not aware of each other and you have shared lots and lots of information. Thanks.

Now I got my second car [ hope you would have seen my sparky in so many pics and videos ] I hope if I need any help I can keep in touch with you.

Re: Some clarification for Maruti 800

Basically, coolant assists to keep the temperature of engine stable. The reservoir is located on extreme right side under the hood of Maruti 800. You should fill it with coolant only and avoid the use of water.

Drive Safe,
350Z
MASS told me to top-up with water if coolant level falls down a little. if that's not good. Please tell me which brand or what type coolant to use. do we have to use the same make coolant that's in the reservoir? Mine is 2011 K series WagonR

"WATER" is the actual coolant. The green/blue liquid we mix is actually the corrosion inhibitor or the antifreeze compound. It is mixed in water in a specific proportion to be used in automobiles. It's a common error to use the term coolant for the green/blue liquid.
So, if you get stranded on the road due to overheating and the coolant reservoir is empty you can safely use distilled water to reach a mech. and add the green/blue liquid into it. Although, avoid using tap water as this may lead to corrosion.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #15
"WATER" is the actual coolant. The green/blue liquid we mix is actually the corrosion inhibitor or the antifreeze compound. It is mixed in water in a specific proportion to be used in automobiles. It's a common error to use the term coolant for the green/blue liquid.
So, if you get stranded on the road due to overheating and the coolant reservoir is empty you can safely use distilled water to reach a mech. and add the green/blue liquid into it. Although, avoid using tap water as this may lead to corrosion.

freakdude.

Assume I got stuck in highways where no one is around and the coolent reservoir is empty and I do not have distrilled water. Can i use ordinary tap water till i reach the next mech/city/fuel station where i can get coolent/distriblled water?

Top Bottom