Taxis & Cabs To Come Without Child Lock From Next Year

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member

NEW DELHI: Child locks in cabs and taxis, which have been misused by drivers to confine women passengers and misbehave with them, will be a thing of the past from July next year. The automobile industry will develop a new latch without the child lock function and it will be made available in the next one year, according to the minutes of a meeting of the government’s highest automobile standard making panel, CMVR-TSC.

Read:

From July next year, isn't it a little too late for the safety of women passengers.
I think there must be a simple way to disable this feature in existing cars which should be implemented till the time.

Thread Starter #3

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes, you are right, but I think they are giving more time enable for the automobile industry to develop a new latch instead of the child lock function in all the new cars.

From July next year, isn't it a little too late for the safety of women passengers.
I think there must be a simple way to disable this feature in existing cars which should be implemented till the time.
Yes quite simple, that lever can be taken off from existing Cabs.

Thread Starter #5

Nairrk

Honoured Member
0_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_ExtraImages_20181206053059_Child-lock.jpg

The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has announced that all M1 category transport vehicles (vehicle used for carriage of passengers, comprising not more than eight seats in addition to the driver's seat) should have the 'Child Lock' feature disabled with effect from July 1, 2019.

Read:

Top Bottom