Tata's New Hatchback Zica Now Renamed Tiago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tata Motors Working on a New Premium Hatchback!

I have always noted that TATA always tried to be independent in their vehicles.You mentioned about TDi but CR4 engine is really good with its low end response and better than quadrajet at low revs. There is no point in bringing CR4 in the vista which will create more volumes. Also they will have more mileage and lower maintanence cost.
Sir i guess you misunderstood my point, i said exactly the same that there is no point in continuing vista with even Tdi engine, just give it with quadrajet engine,no tdi or cr4 in diesels then quadrajet.
Dont confuse buyers in one single vehicle with such huge range of engines.

Thread Starter #32

@G.Bhargav: I don't think Tata will tinker too much with Nano's engine as it'll increase the cost,and defeat the whole purpose of building Nano.However they definitely can bring the turbo charged technology in the new 800cc,3 pot engine which is being readied for a more premium Nano.

I dont understand whats the confusion about.

Whats wrong if TATA provides different engine options? I think its a good move. This way they can have a single product catering a variety of customers.

I dont understand whats the confusion about.

Whats wrong if TATA provides different engine options? I think its a good move. This way they can have a single product catering a variety of customers.
Yes Navnit, its wide variety of choice and buyer can go according to his budget, but I see there will be a problem for the company on their image like

Just for example :

If a Vista with TDI engine is giving lot of problems and

a Vista quadrajet runs without any issues and a real VFM

Then the bad name of TDI car will get attributed for entire range of Vista cars, so this may be bad at times[surprise]

@ALL

There are no chances of stopping the Indica V2 because its a monopoly in T-board sector and TATA itself cannot bring a competitor to V2(Even Etios and Etios liva failed as T-Board) Please guys cleanly notice what they say it may be a premium hatchback or an Compact SUV based on X1 Platform but code name is only "X0" So it may be a completion towards I20 as hatch back or an competitor towards the Duster or Quanto. But for this time the TML has to make its own engine or get the Engine pattern from some other technology people FIAT engine is now too boring and the same performance is seen in almost all hatches now.

TML having the INDICA or INDIGO brand is not wrong but always using the brand make the vehicles look downwards even TOYOTA names Innova as KIJANG INNOVA,KIJANG QUALIS in other countries but now they have stopper naming Innova as the same. Same way these Tata people should shop badging Indica and Indigo respectively. Tata Keeping on sitting and scratching the desk with the Hatches, Entry level Sedan, MUV and SUV's if Tata wants a real competition it should make a new vehicle as competition for Verna and Cruze with comforts then It could be a challenge. Then only it can be said as TML is having a wide choice and from 1L-20L all class of vehicle would be available in the same place

@Raja: The design language can't not be changed but minor tweaks to the Fender, Lights and interior could be seen if the change the design language they'll surely loose their Image none other than the Volkswagen people did so completely changing the design language

Last edited:

@ALL

There are no chances of stopping the Indica V2 because its a monopoly in T-board sector and TATA itself cannot bring a competitor to V2(Even Etios and Etios liva failed as T-Board) Please guys cleanly notice what they say it may be a premium hatchback or an Compact SUV based on X1 Platform but code name is only "X0" So it may be a completion towards I20 as hatch back or an competitor towards the Duster or Quanto. But for this time the TML has to make its own engine or get the Engine pattern from some other technology people FIAT engine is now too boring and the same performance is seen in almost all hatches now.

TML having the INDICA or INDIGO brand is not wrong but always using the brand make the vehicles look downwards even TOYOTA names Innova as KIJANG INNOVA,KIJANG QUALIS in other countries but now they have stopper naming Innova as the same. Same way these Tata people should shop badging Indica and Indigo respectively. Tata Keeping on sitting and scratching the desk with the Hatches, Entry level Sedan, MUV and SUV's if Tata wants a real competition it should make a new vehicle as competition for Verna and Cruze with comforts then It could be a challenge. Then only it can be said as TML is having a wide choice and from 1L-20L all class of vehicle would be available in the same place

@Raja: The design language can't not be changed but minor tweaks to the Fender, Lights and interior could be seen if the change the design language they'll surely loose their Image none other than the Volkswagen people did so completely changing the design language
You mean design has to be like Indica with minor changes or Tata will opt such an approach then I will have to do[frustration][frustration]

Thread Starter #37

[clap][clap][clap]
Motorbeam has carried out a rendering of Tata's new hatchback X0:
You read it first on MotorBeam. Tata Motors is working on a new hatchback which will sit between the Nano and Vista in the company’s lineup. The automaker hasn’t revealed many details of this upcoming hatchback which is codenamed X0 (zero and not O) and also referred to as Dolphin (internally known as X451). This upcoming hatchback will be launched by 2015 and is based on the Vista platform. It will be manufactured at the company’s Sanand plant, alongside the Nano as the plant is having lots of idle capacity due to the poor sales of the world’s cheapest car.

The Tata X0 hatchback will be a vastly different product from existing Tata cars. These renderings of the X0 are spot on although the headlights (projects will go) and tail lights might see a change before the vehicle hits production. The Tata X0 has a tall boy profile and takes heavy influence from the Megapixel concept which was showcased by the company at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show. The vehicle features a sloping roofline, rear door knob placed near the window (to give a 3-door appearance like the Chevrolet Beat), large rear windscreen (inspired from the Honda Brio) and wraparound rear tail lights.

The design of the Tata X0 hatchback has been done by Tata Motors European Technical Centre (TMETC) in the UK, which was opened in 2005. TMETC is located in Coventry, which is also the headquarter of Jaguar Land Rover (TMETC and JLR HQs are not nearby though). Powering the Tata Dolphin will be a 1.05-litre DICOR diesel engine which will produce around 60 BHP of power (a petrol will also be offered). This 3-cylinder engine was showcased on the Indigo Manza Hybrid Concept at the 2012 Auto Expo. Thus Tata Motors will have 2, 3 and 4-cylinder diesel engines in its lineup.

Tata cars offer good value but customers are not impressed by the design of the vehicles which seem a bit old and dated. With the X0, Tata Motors is focussing on the design heavily as the company has understood the importance of styling to sell cars in India. Thus the X0 will be among the first of the next generation Tata products which will feature very attractive styling, which is sure to work with the younger audience. The Tata X0 will rival the Hyundai Grand i10, Ford Figo and Maruti Suzuki Ritz, being priced at around Rs. 4.5 lakhs for the base trim. The X0 will boast of class leading space and features, thereby giving tough competition to established rivals.
Now the pics:

Attachments

MegaPixel. So mega pixel is on its way to production. Lets wait and see, whats on offer.

ALSO expect puny wheels.

Last edited:

Megapixel is based on Nano platform.

In this article posted by Xover, this new car is based on Vista platform.

Thread Starter #40

Megapixel is based on Nano platform.

In this article posted by Xover, this new car is based on Vista platform.
I think they have got it wrong.The earlier reports,if I am not mistaken suggested that Dolphin(X0) would be rather based upon old Indica V2 platform,even though from outside it would look totally different.

Tata always had some good concepts but what saw the light was few.!!
Also they are very slow in development.. Remember the launch of Storme..!!
They should launch this as soon as possible. But please don't delay the launch of mini-SUV. The market is slowly shifting..!!

Tata always had some good concepts but what saw the light was few.!!
Also they are very slow in development.. Remember the launch of Storme..!!
They should launch this as soon as possible. But please don't delay the launch of mini-SUV. The market is slowly shifting..!!
+100

Beside that there must be a considerable jump in fit , finish and overall quality or its game over . Hyundai and all have made the fit , finish , features things elementary now .

I disagree on the point that every concept showed should make it to production. The idea of displaying a concept car is to give your designers a free/clean drawing board. The concept cars are also an indication of what to expect from the manufacturers future products. And manufacturers also get to see what the market likes. So they can include those things in their future product.

IF the concept attracts an overwhelming response then the concept is likely to get into production as the manufacturer will be itching to cash in on it.

If TATA decide to do a mega pixel on an updated indica V2 platform then therz nothing wrong in it. Its always good to adapt a bigger platform to spawn a smaller car than do the opposite.

Platform which is 15 years old doesn't make sense IMHO..
Also that platform is no class leading either..

Most of the Tata concepts are more production ready than just showcase products. Be it Prima, Elegante, Xover, Pixel, Megapixel.. But the only problem is that the time they are taking to get it out is simply too long..!!
Whatever feedback they are receiving, those things are not reflecting in their products.

Tata motors must understand the market more effectively. This hatchback, however good, is going to be launched in mid 2014 by the time more models will be there in the already crowded segment.

What I want to figure out is that along with this they must bring in the mini- suv. Otherwise the oppurtunity will be lost..

Platform which is 15 years old doesn't make sense IMHO..
Also that platform is no class leading either..
Agreed, but now just look at the Datsun GO. It is built on the, now dead MICRA platform. The floorpan can be updated to meet the new age requirements. Using old Indica floorpan will save TATA time. You dont have to start from the scratch.

Most of the Tata concepts are more production ready than just showcase products. Be it Prima, Elegante, Xover, Pixel, Megapixel.. But the only problem is that the time they are taking to get it out is simply too long..!!
Agreed, the time taken by TATA from concept to production is huge. BUT that may be as a result of their earlier product launches, that people call half baked. AND some concepts you have named,
1. Prima - Prima was a clay model. Not production ready.
2. Elegante - Thats the Manza we see on our roads now.
3. Xover - Xover was in the concept stage when TATA first displayed it. That concept spawned the ARIA, dint it.
4. Pixel/MegaPixel - They too were in concept stage when they were displayed. Not production ready.

Having said that, TATA should make sure that they design a product keeping their development cycle in mind. Therz no point developing a product and finally when they launch it, well, it turns out to be outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom