Tata Zest XT Revotron: My Whitey, Pristine

Also I am pretty eager to try out the race dynamics ECU kit for performance optimization. Wonder if anyone has tried that already. I'm not pretty happy by the way the engine responds in the city traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
My zest had a hit to the speedbreaker and since then the steering went to right side and there is wobbling of car.
The service centre gave a quotation.
My car is less than 1 year old and has gold amc.
Do I have to pay for it inspite of that ???

Thread Starter #123
I am a regular to Aadya Motors in Hebbal (Closest to my home). They definitely are obsessed with polish. Even when i ask them not to use it. Washing is a real nightmare as you will find new scratches after they wipe the car dry.

By the way Don, do you drive with your windows rolled on? I always do that and I ran out of my car perfume recently. I regularly use Areon Wish Gel perfume. This is pretty strong and does a good job by keeping the big cabin smelling good. Do you guys have any other suggestions for a good car perfume except for Godrej or Ambi pur?
I have been using Shaldan and felt it was good. Only thing is they get over fast. And Shaldan fits the coffee holder space perfectly, may be they are made for that. Bought an Ambipur recently. Will try out Areon Gel next time, though there are mixed reviews for Areon. Any particular fragrance recommendations ?

Also I am pretty eager to try out the race dynamics ECU kit for performance optimization. Wonder if anyone has tried that already. I'm not pretty happy by the way the engine responds in the city traffic.
Even I feel the second gear doesn't respond the way it should have. And you can't engage first gear always when you are at 10-20 Kmph. The gears are short I believe. They should have realized this while testing, don't know how they could let it/finalize into a production car. With AC and 3-4 on board the thing goes worse. The RPM comes below 1k in the 2nd gear and it won't respond till it reaches 1.5-1.6K.

The mileage would be a concern with such after market kits. Have you done any research on that ? Will it improve the pick up in 2nd gear, Will there be increase in Bhp, NM, cost etc ?

My zest had a hit to the speedbreaker and since then the steering went to right side and there is wobbling of car.
The service centre gave a quotation.
My car is less than 1 year old and has gold amc.
Do I have to pay for it inspite of that ???
Since its a physical damage caused during driving you may need to pay. However, if you had not indicated the speed breaker incident to them you would have got it fixed in AMC. You can still try to convince them to include it in AMC.

I have been using Shaldan and felt it was good. Only thing is they get over fast. And Shaldan fits the coffee holder space perfectly, may be they are made for that. Bought an Ambipur recently. Will try out Areon Gel next time, though there are mixed reviews for Areon. Any particular fragrance recommendations ?
Well Areon is pretty good ... it lasts for about two months in my car. My recommendation would be Aeron Wish (blue colored can).

Even I feel the second gear doesn't respond the way it should have. And you can't engage first gear always when you are at 10-20 Kmph. The gears are short I believe. They should have realized this while testing, don't know how they could let it/finalize into a production car. With AC and 3-4 on board the thing goes worse. The RPM comes below 1k in the 2nd gear and it won't respond till it reaches 1.5-1.6K.

The mileage would be a concern with such after market kits. Have you done any research on that ? Will it improve the pick up in 2nd gear, Will there be increase in Bhp, NM, cost etc ?

Since its a physical damage caused during driving you may need to pay. However, if you had not indicated the speed breaker incident to them you would have got it fixed in AMC. You can still try to convince them to include it in AMC.
Well as far as my research goes, it does feel like the performance and mileage both improves when we install this Kit as they fine tune the timing and amount of fuel injections. I am definitely going to try one ... it costs around INR 32K.

Top Bottom