Tata Zest: Technical Issues & Solutions

Hi Zestians,

I have not seen the idle surging issue again, I guess it is may be that 30 sec idling at startup worked. However my car is done 2000 kms. thinking of getting it serviced so what is the best engine oil for zest.

Thanks,

As discussed on this thread , attached the clip of the idling issue on Tata Zest Revtron .Here's the idling issue, it seems as if the car is shutting down if you can listen to the noise as the RPM goes down and this is revtron making huge noise like truck engine the noise is with all the car doors shut , also you can see the rpm gauge keeps alternating.

Here's clip of the idling issue as I cannot upload

Here's the video of the idling issue, it seems as if the car is shutting down if you can listen to the noise as the RPM goes down and this is revtron making huge noise like truck engine the noise is with all the car doors shut , also you can see the rpm gauge keeps alternating.
Here's the clip

Re: Tata Zest Idling Issues

Is that tak tak sound is occasional or continues. Your voice is not clear, without pressing acc pedal is the rpm jumping? is AC on.

-suryaputhra

Yep the sound tak tak that you hear is when the car rpm falls and vibrates as if it does have petrol supply and is about to turn off. Again the PCM I guess seems to avoid it from turning thats when the rpm goes to about 100 again. I'm going to upload another from the bonnet.

This happens in all modes and during all times whether ac is off or on.

Also Im not pressing the pedal but still rpm keeps jumping between 700 and 1100

Here's another clip near the bonnet as you can see when it becomes silent in between revs that is when the car tend to vibrate or jerk as if about to turn off. Then revs back again.

Clip showing the idle.

If your car petrol one

It is serious knocking, it is not good for engine, urgently check knock sensor, oxygen sensors. I can not believe your ASS words, don't trust their words check the above mentioned sensors. If Your car is petrol turbo charged, check that too.

If you car diesel then things are different, clarify me disel or petrol?
-suryaputhra

Last edited:

Thank you again, it is a revtron petrol and this is the noise, if you can see my second clip it sounds like a truck. I'd definitely take it to the service and ask them to check all the above things and let you know. Also is this noise common in TATA petrol engines.

Tata Zest Catalytic converter replacement

Hi ,
I own Tata Zest purchased from bijapur but now car is in Bangalore

I got a call from tata that to replace Catalytic converter ,

so can i replace in bangalore itself instead of going to Bijapur where i purchased the car?

Many thanks ,
Pradeep [confused]

Thanks Navnit ,
but tata service center : concord motors (BTM layout) are saying they received for replacement of catalytic converter only for the vehicles sold from their showroom , and dont have stock , if some didnt replace it then they can replace my car's converter,

Tata Zest XMS ,diesel ,
when left My Car unattended for few days max 10-15 days remote locking/unlocking will not work . is it same for all zest cars ?
but when manual key is inserted and unlocked first time, from then remote lock will work. this is the issue in remote locking system.
why it has happenned ?
is remote locking system need power? i think it is received from battery of the car.

Hi Guys,

I own a Tata Zest XT Petrol (I call it Mr. WEST - White+Zest) since Dec 2016 in Bangalore. Driven about 2300 km since then. I face an issue with my Zest, hoping you guys can answer.

"My West do not crank when I start it for the first time for the day"
Detailed Scenario:
I park my car at night 9 pm after some 20 odd km run. Next day morning/evening I try start my car and it will not start. Not a single sound of engine being cranked.
Then I press followMEheadlamp -> door lock button on my car key when it is inserted in the ignition. Volla --- it will now start. STRANGE !!

This happens randomly. Sometimes everyday.. Its not about cold start. I will not happen for rest of the day once started.
I have never seen anything as such.

I would really appreciate anyone answering this. [:)]
-Shashank Nimje

As discussed on this thread , attached the clip of the idling issue on Tata Zest Revtron .Here's the idling issue, it seems as if the car is shutting down if you can listen to the noise as the RPM goes down and this is revtron making huge noise like truck engine the noise is with all the car doors shut , also you can see the rpm gauge keeps alternating.

Here's clip of the idling issue as I cannot upload

Here's the video of the idling issue, it seems as if the car is shutting down if you can listen to the noise as the RPM goes down and this is revtron making huge noise like truck engine the noise is with all the car doors shut , also you can see the rpm gauge keeps alternating.
Here's the clip
Hey Guys,

Even I am facing the same issue which Rohit has mentioned. Everything mentioned in his post is occuring in my Zest too. Mine is Zest Revotron November 2016 Model, and has clocked 5000 kms till date. I got my first servicing done on 3000 kms as it had completed 3 months.
I tried searching this forum for posts related to this issue when couple of my friends mentioned me that my petrol engine is making a way too much of noise. I am worried on this now. I have Gold AMC too.
Please suggest what to do. Also another issue is, when i slot into reverse gear, the engine kind of makes a loud grinding noise. The SA told me this is common in all Zest's and is due to the big engine. I somehow can't digest his reason till now.

Expert advise will be highly appreciated.

Hey Guys,

Please suggest what to do. Also another issue is, when i slot into reverse gear, the engine kind of makes a loud grinding noise. The SA told me this is common in all Zest's and is due to the big engine. I somehow can't digest his reason till now.

Expert advise will be highly appreciated.
Have you downloaded TMSC application? If not, please download TMSC application and lodge a complaint in the app. You will get better response when a complaint is lodged through the application.

Top Bottom