Tata Zest Revotron XT Ownership Review: Newest Member of Our Family

Thread Starter #227
Small Update:

Returned yesterday from Ghaziabad->Agra->Ghaziabad trip of 550KMs. We were 2.2 onboard with some luggage i.e. ~200KGs extra weight. I tried different speeds to observe the speed FE relation. Complete trip was done with ECO mode without AC. Each speed was maintained for 90 KMs without brake. Only Yamuna Expressway allows you to experiment like this. Below is the relationship:

70KMPH-25KMPL,
80-23,
90-21,
100-19.

And yes, Eco mode can touch 140 kmph but struggles beyond it.

Small Update:

Returned yesterday from Ghaziabad->Agra->Ghaziabad trip of 550KMs. We were 2.2 onboard with some luggage i.e. ~200KGs extra weight. I tried different speeds to observe the speed FE relation. Complete trip was done with ECO mode without AC. Each speed was maintained for 90 KMs without brake. Only Yamuna Expressway allows you to experiment like this. Below is the relationship:

70KMPH-25KMPL,
80-23,
90-21,
100-19.

And yes, Eco mode can touch 140 kmph but struggles beyond it.
I agree with all your observations. I felt the same. I mostly drive in eco mode but with AC, almost always. But in eco mode with about 70-80 KMPH speed Vehicle remains below 2500 RPM and there is the sweet spot. With AC you can get about 20 KMPL in that case. I have touched to 140 two-three times in two years. In all cases it was on NE-1. It is Ahmedabad-Baroda express way. And yes that was in eco mode. My self-imposed max speed is 120 though. Just to be safe in Indian conditions, I have decided I will observe that limit. But in some occasions I have done speeding to overtake some nasty drivers. [anger][anger]

All in all wonderful driving experience.

Hello friends and fellow motorists

After a lot of discussion here, I am getting inclined to buy Zest RT XT. The TD is scheduled for coming Sunday. Would like to know whether the problems with zest, mentioned here, are still persisting. Namely, accumulation of mud, trouble with HC infotainment system, GPS navigation and engine stalling - ate these problems taken care of in the late 2016 productions? Please clarify

Top Bottom