Tata Zest Review & Pictures: Zestful Endeavour

Yes this has been reported by many Revotron users and inability of TML to find a solution is really disappointing. Not sure if this issue is there with Tiago petrol owners too.

Yes this has been reported by many Revotron users and inability of TML to find a solution is really disappointing. Not sure if this issue is there with Tiago petrol owners too.
Never heard of this among Tiago Revotron owners (from FB/WhatsApp groups). I am currently at 11.5K on the ODO so it may be too early.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Buddy'
I would've sold the car than putting myself and my Family in danger.
One of the SAFETY features of the vehicles should also be PERFORMANCE.
People think of safety as thick metal, Having ABS and Airbags. Thats true, to a part.

The basic safety of a vehicle is also about-
Having good brakes- All wheel discs are good. Premium tyres are a choice.
Not getting stuck/ Bogged down- 4x4s excel in these.
Having enough clean power to overtake, Go uphill (Ghats)- Your vehicle fails here!
Ability to work in lower and higher temperature.

Buddies I live in Rural India and travel on mostly 2 channel roads without dividers.
the overtaking powers of my XUV gives me confidence like no other. I am cautious about overtaking and have all the math done in my head before I Floor the pedal. But once I floor, I just cannot afford the vehicle to hesitate in any way.

Never heard of this among Tiago Revotron owners (from FB/WhatsApp groups). I am currently at 11.5K on the ODO so it may be too early.
I have experienced something similar in my Tiago but without any light flickering ans when I discussed in my KA Tiago group one more guy faced similar issue but he said he got valves cleared and it solved for him. Surprisingly other owners didn't face this issue. Looks like only few Tiagos are affected. Will take up this in my next service. I am at 1.6k and experienced similar thing 2 times.
This happens for me only when AC is on. Switching off AC immediately resolves the issue. Tata provides strong AC and is not able to tune power in ac properly in the petrol models. Without AC car is very smooth.
Well said @bhvm. Having good brakes and overtaking ability is even a bigger dafety feature.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Dear Friends would like to add a query has the TATA ZEST been moved to sales only for the taxi segment after launch of TIAGO/TIGOR as less no of ZEST/ BOLT cars now seen in KERALA roads.
Very much available for private buyers too. The volume of cars you find is generally less on Kerala roads especially down south.

Just saw in the ad for Zest and Bolt in yesterdays paper (deccan chornicle) tata have very confidently said that Both ZEST and BOLT have scored 4 stars in GNCAP rating.

If they have said in the ad, it must be very true and full marks for Tata for providing a safe car at a price much lower than tin cans.

I always had the faith that tata cars are strong, and they have proved it. it makes yet another compelling proposition to the logical buyer but ...

Just saw in the ad for Zest and Bolt in yesterdays paper (deccan chornicle) tata have very confidently said that Both ZEST and BOLT have scored 4 stars in GNCAP rating.

If they have said in the ad, it must be very true and full marks for Tata for providing a safe car at a price much lower than tin cans.

I always had the faith that tata cars are strong, and they have proved it. it makes yet another compelling proposition to the logical buyer but ...
It holds true for airbag equipped variants only (non- airbag variant is bound to get 0).
Tata had tweaked running board and few other components to up the safety ratings for MY2017 models.

Even i saw the ad in local newspaper. For me, i will take this with a pinch of salt. As far as i know, BOLT is not crash tested or results are not made public so it's a misleading ad to claim that both BOLT & ZEST scored 4 star. For Zest, they made reinforcements to get the 4 star and no where they have officially mentioned that this structurally reinforced ZEST is on sale in Indian market. No doubt that ZEST & BOLT are well built cars but if they have made the changes then it should be passed on to the customers and made public.

Top Bottom