Tata Zest Review & Pictures: Zestful Endeavour

Re: Tata Zest: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

Excellent review vibhor, brilliant coverage TAI style.Rated 5*
Orvms are bit smaller to cover the view which i would have loved to have a better sized then given.
No full pockets, holders, cubby holes which tata used to provide ample of it is a sore miss in this car.
Whats your take on the gap which gets the mud enter the bay, any word with the tata motors regarding the same you had or news for corrections from them?
Looking forward to see the quadrajet updates.

Have you already driven in rain?
Have you had a look behind the head light assembly?
Yes , Harish83 ...

No Mud.. It was a rainy Diwali Week @ Coimbatore..

My Guess I can see a inch size hole near the brake fluid line in the wheel arch in the chassis. In my car it is covered with a fabric sticker.
Please check whether this hole is blocked in your car.

Last edited:

Yes , Harish83 ...

My Guess I can see a inch size hole near the brake fluid line in the wheel arch in the chassis. In my car it is covered with a fabric sticker.
Hi,

Can you post image of the wheel arch where you got fabric sticker?

Ravi Nalla

Hi All !

Happy to inform you that I have booked XMS REV Buzz blue today ! [:)]

so much thinking, feedbacks and all TAIgers' opinions/ownership reviews have realy helped my to reach to the decision. too much effort put in as this will be my first car !

visited multiple dealers, did very serious bargaining through multiple channels through TML contacts for about 3 weeks, but not a single freebie offered. SA and dealer say this is new car and they don't get much margin. I did not find them much enthusiastic to sale ZEST as they appear to have completed their sales target already in 3 months [sleep]. No follow up calls after TDs from any dealer.TML should warn their dealers about such attitude. As opposed to this I received repeat follow up calls from Huyndai and Honda dealership which I visited.

Keeping 'this' experience aside, I decided to go ahead and finally booked it today.I have not opted by any accessories as of now as they are very expensive at dealer. My new journey has just started [clap]

BTW , If there is no one yet from Pune to appear on TAI with Zest, consider me the FIRST one

Thanks 350Z for posting the pic.[clap]
For those who complain Zest has no start-stop, Xcent has that- Dear all it will be available sooner or later[:)]
Probably it wont be available in the present generation Zest but the display is future-proofed. Tyre pressure management system can be had as an accessory along with the HUD.

Re: Tata Zest: Price, Misc Points and Feedback

• For those who don’t fancy daytime running lamps (DRLs), they can be completely disabled on request at any Tata Motors workshop.
Is it possible to combine the DRL's with the angel eyes during daytime running? Has anyone enquired about this with their SA? In normal running, once the angel eyes come on the LED DRL's get switched off.

More than the DRL's the angel eyes makes Zest look more premium in the front end.[:D]

Yes , Harish83 ...

Happy for you that you are not facing the issue.
But I still doubt you are not looking at the right place.
Its not anywhere near the break fluid line.
Please check once again behind the head light assembly in line with the wheel rotation.
you will have to really bend towards the cabin and then look to backwards.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...uadrajet-xt-buzz-blue-ownership-review-7.html
please check the pics I've posted before and post the pic of the same area in your car.

Is it possible to combine the DRL's with the angel eyes during daytime running? Has anyone enquired about this with their SA? In normal running, once the angel eyes come on the LED DRL's get switched off.

More than the DRL's the angel eyes makes Zest look more premium in the front end.
The dealers have no idea on the technicalities of the Zest actually. It could be done with few tweaks IMO. I always use the angel eye light rather than DRL's. They look fabulous and people keep drooling at your car.

Hi All !

Happy to inform you that I have booked XMS REV Buzz blue today !

so much thinking, feedbacks and all TAIgers' opinions/ownership reviews have realy helped my to reach to the decision. too much effort put in as this will be my first car !

visited multiple dealers, did very serious bargaining through multiple channels through TML contacts for about 3 weeks, but not a single freebie offered. SA and dealer say this is new car and they don't get much margin. I did not find them much enthusiastic to sale ZEST as they appear to have completed their sales target already in 3 months [sleep]. No follow up calls after TDs from any dealer.TML should warn their dealers about such attitude. As opposed to this I received repeat follow up calls from Huyndai and Honda dealership which I visited.

Keeping 'this' experience aside, I decided to go ahead and finally booked it today.I have not opted by any accessories as of now as they are very expensive at dealer. My new journey has just started [clap]

BTW , If there is no one yet from Pune to appear on TAI with Zest, consider me the FIRST one
Wonderful Slashinv, congratulations on your booking. How much ever you bargain you won't get a Rs 300 perfume also [anger]

Yes , Harish83 ...

I guess they might have given a stop gap solution after hearing this issue.

I guess they might have given a stop gap solution after hearing this issue.
If they have given the solution in new vehicle, why not pass on this solution to dealers and contact existing users to get it resolved? I think Ravi's Zest would be Sep manufactured. 1 Month is enough to pass on the solution to dealers, IMO.

If they have given the solution in new vehicle, why not pass on this solution to dealers and contact existing users to get it resolved? I think Ravi's Zest would be Sep manufactured. 1 Month is enough to pass on the solution to dealers, IMO.
Stop gap and not a final fix is what I meant.

Hi all,

I had booked Zest QJD on 25th Oct at True Sai works, Hosur and later changed the color on 28th October. At that time, SA told me that waiting period is 6 weeks and If I pay full amount, early delivery could be possible. I told him I will pay completely only after seeing the car. Then yesterday he called me, the following is the conversation,

SA: Sir please pay around 75% of money, we will try to get car from other dealers.

Me: How can I pay without seeing the car. Also if you are getting it anyway, I will pay after PDI.

SA: No sir, they are 3 ppl who have booked before you by paying just the booking amount. So if you pay 75%, we try to get very soon.

Me: I cant pay 75% without seeing the car, maximum I can pay 2 lakhs. But when can I get delivery if i pay.

SA: Thats enough. you can transfer to the account, maximum 10-15 days we will deliver the car and then you can pay the remaining amount.

Me: okay let me see.

I am confused about this. should I really trust him and go and pay him. of course I may not be loosing anything but I am not sure if I am being taken for a ride.

Please advise.

Hi all,

I had booked Zest QJD on 25th Oct at True Sai works, Hosur and later changed the color on 28th October. At that time, SA told me that waiting period is 6 weeks and If I pay full amount, early delivery could be possible. I told him I will pay completely only after seeing the car. Then yesterday he called me, the following is the conversation,

SA: Sir please pay around 75% of money, we will try to get car from other dealers.

Me: How can I pay without seeing the car. Also if you are getting it anyway, I will pay after PDI.

SA: No sir, they are 3 ppl who have booked before you by paying just the booking amount. So if you pay 75%, we try to get very soon.

Me: I cant pay 75% without seeing the car, maximum I can pay 2 lakhs. But when can I get delivery if i pay.

SA: Thats enough. you can transfer to the account, maximum 10-15 days we will deliver the car and then you can pay the remaining amount.

Me: okay let me see.

I am confused about this. should I really trust him and go and pay him. of course I may not be loosing anything but I am not sure if I am being taken for a ride.

Please advise.

Don't trust dealers(not all) they will say lot of things before paying, once you paid they will ignore you. Its my suggestion, but decision is yours. I paid only after receiving Engine no and chassis no from KHT Motors, they never forced me to pay before car reached them.

Ravi Nalla

Please advise.
Don't get trapped. If vehicle is lying with other dealer, you can ask for chassis no. Go and do the PDI at other dealer's place. Pay only when you are satisfied with the vehicle.

Concorde Delhi got 4 lacs from me by giving me chassis no. and then they billed it to someone else and asked me to wait for 4 weeks. I had really tough time to get back my amount.

Top Bottom