Tata Zest Review & Pictures: Zestful Endeavour

Re: Tata Zest: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

I'm a QJD XT owner and can tell you that the car is worth taking the risk with TML.
Only worry is the mud in Engine bay Issue which they are saying that fix is in the works.
Other than that, There is nothing that should hold you back from owning Zest.
Thank you Harish for providing some confidence. After reading the review by you and lohith, ravi I've got more confidence on zest.

Hi All Proud Zest owners

what are the recommended( ONLY 'must have') accessories for XMS RVT variant.
How much spare alloy wheel cost you ?
have you opted for paid AMC ? if yes - why so ? if no - why not ?
were there any hidden charges demanded by dealer after invoice is generated ?
If the car will be parked in covered parking. pls suggest type of seat covers to buy.

Thread Starter #33

350Z

Core Team

@ 350 Z

the sun visors mentioned here in the review is not part of the standard accessory in production cars. I did check with TM on the same. The territory sales manager have confirmed the fact.
That's strange. Anyways thanks for letting us know.

@ 350 Z
Excellent review - sorry forgot to mention earlier.
Need one opinion
Shall I opt for the artificial leather seat covers offered by TATA or I leave the seat as it is?? Following are the facts to be considered.
Do not have a closed parking
Cannot afford to install pure leather seat covers
Will be driving mostly with A/C on in the city
Stock seat fabric is decent enough but art leather will offer a richer interior look. Checkout the seat covers by other brands too.

@350Z
Boot space-Isn't it 390 litres for Zest ?
We were told it's 360 liters but later corrected (same has been updated in the review).

@350Z can we have any pictures on that ?
Needless to say, excellent review.
Those snaps didn't come out well. Here's one snap showing Start-Stop (on left) and TPMS (on right) tell-tale icons. CNG icon is hidden behind tachometer needle.

Tata-Zest-TPMS-Start-Stop-Button.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

That's strange. Anyways thanks for letting us know.

Stock seat fabric is decent enough but art leather will offer a richer interior look. Checkout the seat covers by other brands too.

We were told it's 360 liters but later corrected (same has been updated in the review).

Those snaps didn't come out well. Here's one snap showing Start-Stop (on left) and TPMS (on right) tell-tale icons. CNG icon is hidden behind tachometer needle.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350Z for posting the pic.[clap]
For those who complain Zest has no start-stop, Xcent has that- Dear all it will be available sooner or later[:)]

Awesome review of the hottest car of the moment. Perhaps the most detailed, and sumptuously written review of Zest to be found anywhere on the net. Congrats Vibbs, thou art the man(as they say). Please take a small test drive of QJET XT(manual tranny) and QJET AMT versions as well, and kindly add their review in this grand review, to top up what already is packed till brim.

Friends: Bought XMS Petrol on Diwali day [:D]and totally driven for 600 KMs. Recently drove for 330 KMs with 100% AC in ECO mode @80 KMPH . It showed 18.3 KMPL [thumbsup]in MID (Odo cluster).

No mud in Engine Bay!!

Thanks
Mad

Friends: Bought XMS Petrol on Diwali day [:D]and totally driven for 600 KMs. Recently drove for 330 KMs with 100% AC in ECO mode @80 KMPH . It showed 18.3 KMPL [thumbsup]in MID (Odo cluster).

No mud in Engine Bay!!

Thanks
Mad
Congrats to you. Great FE figures
. how you checked the FE is it full tank to full tank ?

Hi All Proud Zest owners

If the car will be parked in covered parking. pls suggest type of seat covers to buy.
Hi friends - pls advise on my queries. Thanks

Hi Friends,
As explained about my XMA gear problems in the other thread (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ata-zest-test-drive-review-44.html#post413989), my XMA is still lying with Tata's "so-called" technical team, who are unable to rectify my car's problem (Car is going into neutral gear whenever I slowdown my car, though the gear lever is in 'A').

It's been 4 days since they took my new car and they are not able to fix it yet. My logical guess is as diesel AMT is new to Tata motors probably they had some integration issue with the AMT unit, which they are finding it difficult to resolve. My bad luck, I got this faulty car.

I dont think they will replace it with another new car. Please suggest me.......

1) How many more days should I be pateint to get my car back in working condition?
2) Should I go for any legal action..... like approaching the consumer forum.

Please guide me here...thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Hi Friends,
As explained about my XMA gear problems in the other thread (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ata-zest-test-drive-review-44.html#post413989), my XMA is still lying with Tata's "so-called" technical team, who are unable to rectify my car's problem (Car is going into neutral gear whenever I slowdown my car, though the gear lever is in 'A').

It's been 4 days since they took my new car and they are not able to fix it yet. My logical guess is as diesel AMT is new to Tata motors probably they had some integration issue with the AMT unit, which they are finding it difficult to resolve. My bad luck, I got this faulty car.

I dont think they will replace it with another new car. Please suggest me.......

1) How many more days should I be pateint to get my car back in working condition?
2) Should I go for any legal action..... like approaching the consumer forum.

Please guide me here...thank you in advance.
Did you contacted the service people personally? And what is their reply and given any time frame ? My sincere suggestion is to wait for couple of more days. Meanwhile you can contact senior managers and escalate the issue in every possible way so that you can get issue resolve. Hope your problem will be rectified soon.

Excellent review Vibhor [clap]

The service intervals have been increased to 15000 kms as against 10000 kms after 2 services. This point can be included just to sum up the confidence of TML on their new engine.
I have got 4 free coupons which can be used for 3rd year or 45000 Kms, so 4 services are free not 3.

Just found out from one of the photos that we are using Sony DSC W200 for the pictures. If we could upgrade to a DSLR(Entry level at least) it would be great. Because these reviews will last for ever and would be seen by many people, So I feel the photo quality should be good. Interior photos will be dull or shaky with those compact cameras IMO. Just a thought.

Hi All Proud Zest owners

Hi Slashinv,

There are no recommended accessories as such but depends on an individual. Since Zest doesn't come up with mats and mud flaps also, these are a must. The mats provided by the dealer are of good quality. Frequent highway might need a puncture kit.
The spare alloy wheel costs around Rs 4500
I haven't opted for Gold AMC, since I don't drive daily and don't think its needed. If you intend to use the car daily or a frequent highway crawler you can opt for it.
There are no hidden charges.
Seat covers depend on the climate of your city and budget.
If there is lot of heat then art leather seat will make you to sweat like a pig for sure. But it looks great and adds to the beauty of the interior. Also it can be maintained easily.
There are art leather covers for 15-20k which they claim the heat is reduced marginally by 20-30%, I am not sure of how true the percentage claim is.
Fabric seat covers are good and cheap compared to art leather but maintenance is tough. Since it absorbs the sweat, tends to stink after some time.
Do you want me to write about pure leather ?? If budget permits go for it.

Thread Starter #44

350Z

Core Team

Just found out from one of the photos that we are using Sony DSC W200 for the pictures. If we could upgrade to a DSLR(Entry level at least) it would be great. Because these reviews will last for ever and would be seen by many people, So I feel the photo quality should be good. Interior photos will be dull or shaky with those compact cameras IMO. Just a thought.
Thanks Lohith. This was the last review with captures from a digicam. You'll see snaps from our new gadget next time: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...w-camera-mirrorless-vs-dslr-2.html#post413017.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom