Tata Xenon 4x4 Road Test Drive Review

Hi Crazy Cat,
That "thing" on bonnet is an optional accessory called ad Hood Deflector, It helps to keep away the mud and dust when trying Off-Roading with this vehicle, Me too didn't liked it though. You can read more accessories available for Xenon in Post No.6.

Drive Safe,
350Z
i think the hood deflector is used for a different purpose. it avoids insects & bugs from hitting your windshield at high speeds.

you can have a look here.

Thread Starter #18
This review was really unexpected.
Again, Great work Zinam and 350 [thumbswink].
I don't find this on road. But sure this is a useful vehicle. This might be a good replacement for Tata Sieara.
Good report Zinam. about Xenon,Its a good looking beast.
WOW!!
i was surely not expecting this!
good report
it didnt even sell here in bkk
+ 1
Anyways. Great job again zinam.
It seriously takes lots of efforts to put down your feelings towards things & you do it perfectly.
Nice review zinam. I too never expected review of Xenon, not even in my dreams.
What is that black colored thing on top of bonnet? it spoils the looks. I wish TATA concentrated more on the proportions and price.
Thank you guys, Do tune in for more exciting reports!

just 1 query:
the parts marked in bold is contrary. what did you exactly mean? city driving is a chore?
It meant that the initial gear ratios aren't tuned properly & Turbo lag is high.

Good job again zinam
I personally would go for this vehicle some day. I like the way it looks and performs. It has a pretty refined engine compared to any of the vehicles in its class IMO.
Thanks Napster. I will join your club.

Hey nice review again Zinam!! I have seen this vehicle maybe 3 months before itself!! A politician near my house is having this!! Have always wondered whether this vehicle was launched because i have seen only this vehicle owned by him!!

IMO this vehicle wont be so successful as its highly priced also!! But liked the part alloys wheels are standard!! But no Audio-system even in high-end model is disappointing with this price-tag!!

BTW where was this tested again??[:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #20
Thanks Cooldhaya!

I cant say its over priced!

You get an 4X4 at 9Lakhs OTR !

Again in outskirts of chennai :)

Thanks Cooldhaya!

I cant say its over priced!

You get an 4X4 at 9Lakhs OTR !

Again in outskirts of chennai :)
It should be priced around 7 lacs OTR(at least for 2WD) to sell in decent numbers. It neither doesn't have the quality, nor the features to complement the current pricing.

350Z

Core Team
As we have already mentioned in report, The Xenon is a slightly over priced product but the person buying it wouldn't mind to pay that extra bit of penny for the best Style and Design among any other Pick-Up Truck available in India yet.
Also, Thanks to that Torquey Engine and 4x4 ensures that you are ready to burn rubber over any terrain.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Arun

Suspended
Awesome review Zinam. I think he is tired of saying thank you now. You should have taken it off-road man. Test the true 4 x 4.

350Z

Core Team
i think the hood deflector is used for a different purpose. it avoids insects & bugs from hitting your windshield at high speeds.

you can have a look here.
Yes, But it also dis-allows mud and dust to accumulate on the vehicle's windshiled. Have a look at Xenon's Official Site.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #26
Awesome review Zinam. I think he is tired of saying thank you now. You should have taken it off-road man. Test the true 4 x 4.

I will never be tired Arun!

Thanks [lol]

Due to time constraints i couldn't take it off road!

Will make sure you guys will have extreme fun in future TDs

350Z

Core Team
2010 Tata Xenon

Tata Motors have released the 2010 Xenon XT model which meets with Bharat Stage 4 Emission Norms. The car was also showcased in recent Delhi Auto Expo. Official Press Release below:

The Model Year 2010 Tata Xenon XT (Cross Terrain) is now BS IV compliant. The lifestyle 4-door, 5-seater pick-up combines stylish on-road presence, now even more accentuated with a chrome plated grill and silver roof rails. The interiors now sport a new beige colour scheme with matching upholstery complemented by new faux wood on the centre and floor console. A new CD/MP3 music system makes the comfortable interiors, accommodating five passengers in two rows, even more enjoyable. ABS and wider 235/R16 tyres sitting on stylish new alloy wheels complement the power and off-roading capability of the vehicle coming from a 2.2 VTT DICOR engine, a 4x4 option with an electrical shift-on-the-fly mechanism and a limited slip differential. The Xenon XT can be customised to suit individual tastes and styles through a wide range of accessories such as bed-liners, fog lamps, canopy, boot lid or rollover bars.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Is this Xenon different from what was road tested by Zinam?? What are the changes then?
The biggest change in 2010 Xenon XT is the BS-IV compliant Engine and other minor changes include better beige interiors, chrome touches on body and others are mentioned in Press Release.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom