Tata Xenon 4x4 Road Test Drive Review

Re: Tata Xenon 4x4 Road Test Review

Thanks Xover! I will check definitely.
Yo're welcome mate.
Can you please tell me is it worth to change the rubber while it is in good shape, although it's a 2008 make. Xenon 4x2 got 205/80 & 4x4 got 215/75.
It depends upon you.If you are not comfortable then its better to change in my opinion.
Probably you got ARIA. Is it 17" or 16". If 17 incher then please let me know the backspace & offset measurements because by any chance if I am forced to swap the rims, I may go for it. I know 17' would cost more, but how much? Any idea ( 235/70R16 to 235/65R17)?
No I don't own Aria,I am just a fan of this majestic X-OVER[:)].

For more help here are some respective Aria threads for you:

1.http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../8728-tata-aria-pleasure-living-pleasure.html

2.http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...a-aria-pleasure-4x4-k-chronicals-saphira.html

Hope it helps[:)]

THE X-OVER

Hi all,

This is my very first post. Looking for suggestions on Xenon XT 4x2's wheels, as I am going to buy an used one, 2009 model.

I want to change the tyres, as those are 2008 production, although looks are still good as the car has been used very sparingly. The OEM size is 205/80R16 & as per my knowledge, there is no manufacturer in India currently sells this size of tyres.

I know i can up grade it to 235/70R16, but the supplied alloy's width or J is 5.5 only. Since the alloys are in good condition & due to my budget constraints I do not want to change the rims.

Please help. It's urgent.

Thanking you in anticipation

ROY.
Any reason for going for 4x2 xenon not 4x4 or you are going to use it as cargo

good work Zinam
nice review for the pick up truck
that is pretty different and totally out of the books choice
i liked it

Thanks for your suggestion Xover!

@Mastersquall: Opted for 4x2 because of budget constraint & as it's used one also, was available in 4x2 avatar. It is going to be used for party visit & sampling purpose.

Maybe slightly OT, is there any real advantage of a part time 4x4 vehicle in real world, other than slush & sand?

Regards..

@Mastersquall: Opted for 4x2 because of budget constraint & as it's used one also, was available in 4x2 avatar. It is going to be used for party visit & sampling purpose.

Maybe slightly OT, is there any real advantage of a part time 4x4 vehicle in real world, other than slush & sand?

Regards..
Nothing except sand,slash,slippery road 4x4 not required. But I believe that always have options as when this 2ton thing get stuck nothing can rescue it easily

Regards..
How much did you pay for this beast? what is the ODO reading? please do post some pic's

masterquall isn't 4x4 better drive for hilly areas
i thought it had better road grip and all
Yup it provide lot better grip then 4x2
My question is... How can you drive with 4H or 4L engaged on a hilly ghats & roads (may be tarred or not), when the necessary wheel slip have to be allowed to avoid 'transmission winding up' particularly at the bends? How can you be so sure that the necessary slip is taking place?

Regards...

My question is... How can you drive with 4H or 4L engaged on a hilly ghats & roads (may be tarred or not), when the necessary wheel slip have to be allowed to avoid 'transmission winding up' particularly at the bends? How can you be so sure that the necessary slip is taking place?

Regards...
i am not very technical guy but i learn from practical or real life

i usually travel to hilly area due to my work .

No tarmac road
1st year same spot my safari slipping lot it gave me mini-heart attack .
2nd so on year same spot in my safari but in 4H no slipping and much better control

Tarmac road
roads are smooth well laid out .
only in rain and winter
1st year small area had lot of slipping best is to remain away from scooter and bike as they ten to loose control and fall even car do zigzag same was happening with me
2nd year so on same area i am in 4H no zigzag like other cars doing and on acceleration car is not going one side

also this year i was driving in heavy rain and safari was losing control little bit like zigzag but after turning ON 4h it regain control and not going in zigzag

So this is my observation in real life please correct me

But as you will only drive city you won't need 4WD even if you took it to bad road keep it in control acceleration too much or too less can make you stuck

Thanks a lot Mastersquall for your Real Life feedback.

It encourages me to go some day with my childhood dream of 4x4, with reachable territory. Otherwise it may only remain dream because full-time 4x4s cost double.

I am also scared of the technical limitations of a part time 4x4 (locked central diff),& hence I doubted it's real world usage. And your writeup have given me
enough boost to restart dreaming.

Still a question : Can I use 4H/4L of a part time 4x4 on a windy tarmac under heavy rain?

Experts Please!

Regards...

Last edited:

Top Bottom