Tata Altroz (X451) Premium Hatchback Launched

Hornbill/ Pelican/ Nano's elder sibling are they the same?
AFAIK, Hornbill was a CSUV, and pelican I believe would be Nano replacement. The shape of the car in question definitely does not look like cSUV in any way. So the one we see should be the pelican, and can say that we have yet to see the spy shots of the Hornbill.

Thread Starter #183
Size Definitely smaller then X45 over all looks like grown up version of TATA NANO but Engine at front, its clearly says TATA cooking something that going to position between between NANO and TIAGO 3Lacks to 5Lacks range.

TATA Pelicon(re-engineered TATA NANO) is definitely replacement for NANO like how Vista and ARIA transformed into Bolt and HEXA and TATA already completed R&D work of pelicon project but they kept it on because they wanted to stabilize their market share with exiting new launches now they stabilized, after the launch of Harrier and X45 tata me reconsidered to launch upgraded nano.

The video is of 45x and the confusion is due to video, as it looks pretty thin in the video. Pelican project was put on hold and no work is happening there however concept cube can get a light of day as Nano replacement/successor if the need arises

Hornbill was on papers only sometime as ago as per my last info from a source, Tata will use Alfa platform for 45x then 45sedan then hornbill and Nexon replacement

Well, bit confused now as I see same video claiming to be of upcoming micro suv Tata Hornbill here -
Tata Hornbill micro SUV is smaller than Nexon - Spied on video
Guys, how can you guys be so confused? This is the video of the same 45x hatchback. Can't you recognise? The speed and angle of the car makes the pic look squished sideways. It's surprising how y'all auto enthusiasts immediately thought of it as the suv. I really am so angry on that stupid auto website guys on making and spreading such fake news.

Guys, how can you guys be so confused? This is the video of the same 45x hatchback. Can't you recognise? The speed and angle of the car makes the pic look squished sideways. It's surprising how y'all auto enthusiasts immediately thought of it as the suv. I really am so angry on that stupid auto website guys on making and spreading such fake news.
Can happen Mr. DJ. I think getting bit confused is fine when sites like rushlane and autoportal (link) are reporting it. And no one is 'So' confused here as you are thinking, at least not me. Just had some doubt since both of these sites, which I usually follow, reported it, with both making some comparisons with H45x about roofline, gc etc. And that's why I asked here too to get other's opinions on it, whether it's genuine or misleading. Surprising that you are assuming that others are taking it as suv only, and asking like can't you recognize etc, huh![roll]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Aquilla Expected Launch Details, Price And Specs

Tata-45X-Concept-India.jpg

This year, Tata Motors will bring in its two important products in India – the Harrier SUV and the 45X concept based premium hatchback. While the former is ready to hit showrooms on 23rdJanuary, the latter one is reported to see a release in the second half of 2019. Official name of the Tata 45X based hatchback is yet to be announced by the carmaker. Reports suggest that it could be named ‘Tata Aquilla. Interestingly, the new Tata premium hatchback will be the company’s first product to underpin the AMP platform (Advanced Modular Platform)

TATA AQUILLA 45X KEY FEATURES

– IMPACT 2.0 design philosophy
– Alpha modular platform
– Prominent 3D ‘Humanity Line’
– Projector headlamps
– ‘Tri-arrow’ fog lights
– Diamond cut alloy wheels
– Strong fenders
– DRLs or turn blinkers
– Multi-layered interior design
– Segment-best Infotainment system with display
– Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
– 3-spoke multifunction steering wheel
– Indian lattice-work inspired rear AC vents and centre console
– Automatic climate control
– Engine start/stop push button
– Airbags
– ABS with EBD
– Brake assist

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Upcoming Tata 45X Spotted Testing

sgn5glu8_tata-45x_625x300_23_January_19.jpg

A near-production test mule of the upcoming Tata 45X(codename) has been spotted testing at the Mumbai-Pune Expressway. Some of the production-ready elements which are seen on the test mule include the taillamps and a new set of four-spoke alloy wheels which appear to be 16-inches.

pgh3kgno_tata-45x_625x300_23_January_19.jpg

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Aquilla 45X Premium Hatchback Is Next Big Launch From Tata Motors

tata-45x.jpg

Tata Motors yesterday launched the much awaited new Harrier in the Indian market and the next big launch from the company will be the Maruti Baleno/Elite i20 rivalling new premium hatchback 45x, which is currently under development. Guenter Butschek, CEO and Managing Director of Tata Motor confirmed that the new model will be launched by the middle of 2019.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata 45X Concept Premium Hatchback to Launch in Q2 2020, to Rival Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Hyundai Elite i20

_100_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_Galleries_20180227043735_Tata-45X_Concept-front-three-fourth-1.jpg

Tata Motors will launch a new premium hatchback based on the 45X concept in the second quarter of next fiscal, a senior company official said earlier. The 45X concept made debut at the Auto Expo last year, along with H5X, based on which the company has introduced the Harrier SUV. The upcoming hatchback, based on 45X, will rival Maruti Suzuki's Baleno. "We are going to launch it after six-seven months, in quarter second," Mayank Pareek, president of passenger vehicle business unit of Tata Motors told reporters when asked about the launch of 45X. Pareek, who was here for the launch of Harrier, said the company has registered significant growth in the last three years after it introduced new vehicles with attractive designs and features and robust safety aspects.

Read:

Take a look at the leaked instrument cluster pictures we shall get few more details.
This car will come with black or grey alloy wheels.
The real world mileage is going to be good compared to some of its competitors.

The rumoured hybrid system could be a 48v mild hybrid system which is better than usual micro hybrid systems found in other cars.
10+ % fuel efficiency and less turbo lag are the benefits of this system. We can expect an ARAI figures close to 25+. But by adding this system pricing will become difficult. I don't think it will find many buyers if priced close to baleno or i20. Ideal price would be between swift and baleno

The rumoured hybrid system could be a 48v mild hybrid system which is better than usual micro hybrid systems found in other cars.
10+ % fuel efficiency and less turbo lag are the benefits of this system. We can expect an ARAI figures close to 25+. But by adding this system pricing will become difficult. I don't think it will find many buyers if priced close to baleno or i20. Ideal price would be between swift and baleno
I don't quite agree on it. Baleno doesn't feel like a premium hatchback although i20 does. Baleno already has one of the poorest build quality but this being Tata is sure to be well built. Also Tata would provide lot of features on the new launches (so that they can strip them later [lol]) so pricing same as Baleno would not be possible since it would be far better than a Baleno. Also news of mild hybrid system if true would surely make it more expensive than Baleno. People are ready to pay for a Tata car nowadays provided they make it feature loaded. Barebones x451 with low price is not gonna help them. Looks the case of Tiago 80% sales are from top 2 variants. Lower variants though cheaper almost don't sell!

Top Bottom