Tata Winger, Now with Platinum Version!

Thread Starter #1
Tata winger , the car that i like much. Dont know why,

Is that because i was used to omni for 18years from 3rd year to 20 year.[clap]

Always i am inclined toward big car. I like to own a scorpio someother day , also some times this winger comes in my mind.

i have just sit in the drivers seat when one came or ICE fixation to store.

Have any one driven or traveled in it. How does it feel.

i have test driven a winger. i test drove the top end (deluxe) model with AC & power steering, etc. The seats were average but spacious. it had 7 blowers in front dashboard & 4 blowers on the roof in front. however, passengers sitting on the last row of seat doesnt receive enough cool air & hence it can get pretty hot there. the engine (TATA's own TDi) was silent at idle & a bit noisy at high revs but for a people carrier, it is more than acceptable. ride quality is good in front seats & a bit bouncy in rear seats but again it is more than acceptable. leg room is very good in the deluxe version as it is a 9 seater, i am not sure about the legroom in 14 seater though.

ilango[speed thirst];9566 said:
Is that worth buying for home use?

no way buddy, this car is targetted for commercial usage in taxi segments, if you are looking for a bigger car for your usage, there are quite few availables like tavera,xylo,innova which could satisfy your needs.

neither the tavera nor the xylo nor the innova can transport 9-12 people in one go, the way the winger car. MUVs are strictly 7-8 seaters. winger can carry 9-12 plus their luggage.

but at the same time, you cannot expect the comfort in terms of seating, ride quality & also image/status of the MUVs from the winger.

is it good for personal use? if you have a family of 9 & you just need a fairly comfortable vehicle to transport them, then you have no other option other than the winger.

ilango[speed thirst];9566 said:
Is that worth buying for home use?

Well It all depends on your need Ilango!

There are only very few MPV's. Xylo or Innvova!

Apart from this others are not worth the buy!

Winger is purely a commercial vehicle & its really hard to get accustomed for our personal use[thumbsup]

ofcourse if u really need to carry joint family of 9-10 frquently its anice buy because i dont think theres any other big car in this segment but for 6-7 persons, innova,xylo are better options as compared to winger.BTW whats the price of winger.

Thread Starter #11
Yeah , i think the omni in my young age inspires me.

And i am not going to buy this immediate. Will take 3 year at least .

Especially for family outings i like this car. Usually there is lot of people in my family. We do take all our cars along with a innova or qualis cab

The other factor is its much cheaper than the tavera ans innova.
14+ with flat roof ac cost 5.30L here

The other factor is its a front wheel drive car.
Like the standard vans in olden days.
So is that a positive point or negative point?

My dad , a automobile engineer says you need to be more carefull in driving it as it may tilt in load as the power is front , pulling and with full weight , you make a hard brake off the line it has tendency to tilt. But from reviews the rear suspension is no so soft as cars so my point is it wont topple that easily

Also a company will design from its existing parts to save cost. so the gear box ?
is that a straight lift from indigos .
I hope its not so , but its specification are not found (in net).

Also a news saying that the present 1948 turbo 90 bhp engine is gonna be stopped and the 3L turbo from 407, 207, sumo exi, spacio will be fit in this. How far is this true.

Accept the image point. But with a planned mod i can make this ride different.
And regarding the ride quality i can compromise(you need to ) as when i sit in the stationary car it was good.

The 14+ flat roof ac that came to accessory store had all reclining seats including the rear most seats. Plus ample space for luccage.

Last edited:
3.0L in the winger..the car will really justify its tough look then. I have driven the 3.0L tata sumo EXI. the drive of the car is not as bad as i thought(mainly because it doesnt look gud).

AMG

Suspended
I dont think that the winger needs to be adressed as a CAR
It is and will always be a Minibus.

ilango[speed thirst];9650 said:
Also a news saying that the present 1948 turbo 90 bhp engine is gonna be stopped and the 3L turbo from 407, 207, sumo exi, spacio will be fit in this. How far is this true.
I don't know how far this is true. But IMO it badly needs the 3.0l engine. The current 2.0l from Sumo is not capable to do its duty for a long period.

350Z

Core Team
Tata Winger Platinum?

Someone on Car & Bike Show on NDTV Facebook Page has posted this picture of Tata Winger testing on Pune - Bangalore Highway and tells that car was bearing a "Platinum" Badge. Though we can clearly see that there are not any visible changes but could this be a tweak under the hood? Link to Tata Winger Official Website: Winger ? Luxury & Stylish Passenger Vehicle introduced by Tata Motors

wnger.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom