Tata Vista Quadrajet D90 Launched @ Rs.5.99 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Now I know that there is thread where we have discussed about future Tata launches.

But various websites have now confirmed that Tata is about to launch India's most powerful diesel hatchback that will rival i20 and Punto in terms of raw power.It's going to be Vista quadrajet with a VGT which in turn will develop 90 bhp and 200 odd NM of torque.

Apart from all of this,some of the other things it may get:

1. Manza dashboard,

2.Multi information display,

All in all Tata are all set to change the perception of Vista from a family hatch to a hot hatch.

Manza with this same engine reaches 0-100 in around 15 seconds and a top speed of approx. 170 kmph.

We can all expect Vista 90 ps to be much quicker than Manza,so the prospect atleast on paper looks really tantalizing.

What out forum members think:

1. Will it be able to change the perception about Vista brand?

2. Will it replace Swift as India's no.1 fun car?

So many questions,but perhaps we will soon get all the answers till the 15th december rumoured launch date.

Link:Tata Indica Vista 90 Quadrajet is likely to launch in December-2012 | Bharath Autos - Automobile News Updates

@MODS: I know there exists a thread which deals with Tata launches in general,but I though this product deserves a separate thread.If necessary please merge with any existing thread.Thanks.

THE X-OVER

Re: Tata to launch India's most powerful diesel hatch: Vista Quadrajet 90 in mid dece

Yes it would be then more powerful then Punto I can say, as Vista's overall weight would be less than Punto and also I think gear ratios of Vista which I am assuming are better than Punto. Overall better package.

But replacing Swift's No. 1 position is quite doubtful. There is still long way to achieve that.

And as far as normal people are concerned, it is still 1.3 Engine, and for them what is HP? [frustration]

Re: Tata to launch India's most powerful diesel hatch: Vista Quadrajet 90 in mid dece

Swift has an edge in performance, dynamics, agility,higher fuel efficiency.
where as Indica vista has a long way to reach all those considering the body weight.
as a car I hate Vista's Steering wheel and its response. do I need to mention the Body Roll ?

Re: Tata to launch powerful diesel hatch: Vista Quadrajet 90 in mid december

No it won't do anything dramatic to the sales , and replacing swift and all is a distant dream . Tata need to bring some new designs in the market to lure the younger generation .

I think it will just succeed in eating up some of the sales number from Vista 75. [;)]

Even i guess it wont help Vista to gain big sales number with this model, this model surely need's a complete overhaul in design department.

1. Will it be able to change the perception about Vista brand?

2. Will it replace Swift as India's no.1 fun car?
Answer to both the questions are "NO".

"Perception" about Vista is formed and is getting evolved without much relation to the actual performance of Vista.

Swift is selling and it being a fun car is not the reason for that. It sells because of perception and the overall package (Brand, performance, After Sales support and the trend - in what ever name you call it)

I think TATA's first mistake was to name Vista as Indica Vista. If they would named it only Vista, the outcome would have been totally different.

dharmesh, exact my words, firstly they should have launched vista as only vista and not indica vista with now again old gen indica V2 still selling, continues to carry that taxi badge and not a premium category, secondly their ASS needs to be put together and better and small niggles should be sorted out before launching this 90bhp new vista, swift carries over fun to drive car, still carrying that sporty badge car which tata vista might have a long journey to cover to get over swift.
But yes remove indica and launch ths new vista as vista itself with new better interiors, better screwed and better finishing like say hyundai gives to i10,i20 make it look premium feel premium with premium engine and it might change many perceptions
Just my two cents.

I think TATA's first mistake was to name Vista as Indica Vista. If they would named it only Vista, the outcome would have been totally different.
The name Indica Vista gave an impression that its only a face lift.

That was foolishness to name a totally new car in a different platform as Indica unless they wanted to create a brand "Indica" and remove Tata logo from entry level cars.

re: Tata To Launch Powerful Diesel Hatch: Vista Quadrajet 90 launched at 6.03lacs

Vista is doing fine, It's 3rd best selling diesel hatchback in India since it's launch after Swift and i20 which is a big feat considering options buyers have today (We have 15+ diesel hatchbacks in India). Problem is not with standalone car Vista but expansion of this platform, TATA needs to launch new car atleast 1 lakh cheaper than Vista sharing same underpinnings and create Ritz-Swift like scenario, discontinue Indica eV2. Then they need Ertiga like vehicle again based on Vista.

Actually Vista is not even a underrated car, it feel's like one when you compare it to sales number of Swift but then which car of those 15 stand a chance next to Swift? Vista is getting numbers it truly deserves but other competent cars are suffering from Maruti's domination in small car segment.

Tata needs to change the stupid front grill, oh so monotonous rear and those 13 year old boring rear tail lights design in Indica. They also need to understand that "more car per car" applies to something other than space - the performance. They should have realized looong back that they were not creating a premium positioning with Indica & Indigo monikers.

I dont believe the suffix Tata or Indica was the culprit here. think about Aria ??

As an owner the worst problem I have experienced is poor ASS. Till now it remains a nightmare to be at the gates of Tata authentic screwing service.

I have a strong wish to own a Nano but TASS does not allow my conscious to go for it.

Last edited:
re: Tata To Launch Powerful Diesel Hatch: Vista Quadrajet 90 launched at 6.03lacs

There is a popular perception that Tata cars do not age gracefully and I am convinced that there is an element of truth in that observation. This is something that they need to work on.

Talking about model names, people are looking for some weird reasons as to why cars don't sell. This was the same reason given when the sumo grande bombed.

Top Bottom