Tata Vista Quadrajet D90 Launched @ Rs.5.99 Lakh

Thread Starter #16
re: Tata To Launch Powerful Diesel Hatch: Vista Quadrajet 90 launched at 6.03lacs

Guys,do you think Tata will also retune the suspension of Vista q-jet 90,or will they just plonk the Manza engine inside the hood of Vista and that's all??!!

re: Tata To Launch Powerful Diesel Hatch: Vista Quadrajet 90 launched at 6.03lacs

I dont believe the suffix Tata or Indica was the culprit here. think about Aria ??

As an owner the worst problem I have experienced is poor ASS. Till now it remains a nightmare to be at the gates of Tata authentic screwing service.

I have a strong wish to own a Nano but TASS does not allow my conscious to go for it.
What I meant to say that, Indica and Indica Vista are 2 different cars, with different engine and design, Vista is not mere a facelift of Indica. So TATA could have done better, by keeping Vista as new product, instead of posing the same as upgrade to Indica.

And Bad A$$ experience will come only when one have TATA car. Just a recent experience, when my colleague is trying to buy a new car, he have zeroed down to Ritz VDi and I suggested him the VIsta VX, which for cheaper rate than Ritz is providing hell lotz of thing. He said no and the reason being Vista is from TATA. [frustration]. So it sum of everything that's causing TATA problem.

Guys,do you think Tata will also retune the suspension of Vista q-jet 90,or will they just plonk the Manza engine inside the hood of Vista and that's all??!!
I am not sure if they do it, But I wish they do it and also reduce the body roll if they want to pose the Vista 90 as powerful hatch.

Thread Starter #18

What I meant to say that, Indica and Indica Vista are 2 different cars, with different engine and design, Vista is not mere a facelift of Indica. So TATA could have done better, by keeping Vista as new product, instead of posing the same as upgrade to Indica.
Good ol' Mr. Tata is really very emotional about retaining brand "Indica" and "Indigo".Both are very close to his heart.[:)]
And Bad A$$ experience will come only when one have TATA car. Just a recent experience, when my colleague is trying to buy a new car, he have zeroed down to Ritz VDi and I suggested him the VIsta VX, which for cheaper rate than Ritz is providing hell lotz of thing. He said no and the reason being Vista is from TATA. . So it sum of everything that's causing TATA problem.
No doubt,they need to improve in this area.Also learn from how Toyota does servicing of its car and implement the same procedure,which in turn shall change the perception regarding Tata after sales.After all,"pereception is the final reality."[;)]

One more thing,why is that every single Tata thread turns out to be the TASC discussions thread.[frustration]

I am not sure if they do it, But I wish they do it and also reduce the body roll if they want to pose the Vista 90 as powerful hatch.
Even if we assume that they don't do anything on the suspension/tyres.But even then,since it will be around 50 kgs lighter than Manza and Manza is fairly quick car itself(0-100 in 15 seconds,top speed=around 170 kmph),it should be even more quicker.Which means 0-100 in around 12-13 seconds mark with a top speed of 180 kmph odds.

Are these figures not enough for it to be called a hot hatch?

Take a look at Verna, 126 horses and all,while it's no where near the handling prowess of Fiesta.But still people buy it and consider it as a hot/fast saloon.

Take a look at Manza's acceleration:

Indigo manza top speed by Abhinav Chhari - YouTube

My friend XOVER, it is not only 0-100 speed that makes any car a hot hatch. what about handling, body roll?

From my observations , Tata wont bother to do anything with suspension or performance.

They will simply pick and place the components from Manza and promote this New Vista with V turbo for better fuel efficiency.present scenario makes FE the bread winner. i wont expect any stunning performance from any Of the Tata car or India specific cars.

Also as said TATA is not aiming to make it large.
->They are happy with their current market and politics.
->They need to open their eyes and see around what is in the market and at what cost.
->They work like a Govt organizations and wake up in the evening rather than morning.
->I always feel that they have the same design and try to make it big after some time bigger
->Take a Vista-----Blow some air bingo MANZA
->Take a MANZA---Blome more air bingo--ARIA
There are days where i tell see guys there is a ARIA on the opposite side and when it
it nears its a MANZA LoLzzzzzz [lol]

One Big question
Why cant TATA make a big car challenging CRUZE, COROLLA, VERNA etc
Imagine having a 2.2 DICOR engine of SAFARI in a good looking SEDAN. [evil]

Thread Starter #22

My friend XOVER, it is not only 0-100 speed that makes any car a hot hatch. what about handling, body roll?
I absolutely agree buddy.

HOT HATCH= Performance+ Handling.

But the point which I was trying to make is that even though Vista90s handling may remain dubious,but because of its lighter weight over Manza;its performance should be much better than Manza which may put it in category of hot hatches like Swift,in terms of performance only.[:)]

If Tata can improve the handling,it would be like icing on the cake.What say?

But the point which I was trying to make is that even though Vista90s handling may remain dubious,but because of its lighter weight over Manza;its performance should be much better than Manza which may put it in category of hot hatches like Swift,in terms of performance only.[:)]

Agree, I think in performance there will be no doubt that. And yes if they provide really great suspension setup and handling, it would be icing on the cake. [clap]

Agree, I think in performance there will be no doubt that. And yes if they provide really great suspension setup and handling, it would be icing on the cake. [clap]
+ 1 to you both, would like to say along with all this make the owner buyer feel that premium what he is spending is worth it, make his ownership experience better with better ASS, rather then complains of niggles here and there which kills the overall joy and satisfaction of the owner.
Tata is really improving on their quality with the best of space available in their vehicles, a tad improvement in ASS and dealership base needs to work up.

OHH XOVER not even in anybodys wildest dreams can anybody imagine that the VISTA is going to replace SWIFT - That is not going to happen atleast with the current set of niggle products that TML has and an ASS / TASS etc which are pathetic

Please understand that the car is just not sold as a Car. It is actually the combination of the Car itself + pricing + VFM proposition + ASS + maintenance costs + fuel type + convinience + loans or avalibility of Finance + showroom attitude + competition + promise or commitments made + mktg / advertising + technology + mileage + GOVT policies + customer perception of a brand

So the SWIFT did not become a No1 bestseller just because of its good looks or mileage or its a maruti - But it had all the above parameters

So TML just cant dream that it will plonk a 90 BHP engine and it will set the sales charts on FIRE,, wont happen

Coming to the Point of VISTA 90 being a good product- Yes if we dont compare it with anybody and consider in Isolation - yes it is a good product

But we all know what TML needs at this stage - Completely rebuilding the Image of the Brand TML by firing the Old guns who are the helm of affairs at TML and hiring excellent street smart Young blood who can dare to take risks and be Bold and not just agree to all useless decisions taken by the TML Old boys [anger]

Come on TML you can do better

Too Little Too Late - VISTA 90 [frustration]

Thread Starter #26

OHH XOVER not even in anybodys wildest dreams can anybody imagine that the VISTA is going to replace SWIFT - That is not going to happen atleast with the current set of niggle products that TML has and an ASS / TASS etc which are pathetic
Yes perhaps it won't.But that's not exactly my point.I am not talking about replacing Swift as India's best selling hatchback,rather am asking others whether it will replace Swift as India's no.1 fun to drive car?

And trust me that 90 ps engine is just GOLD in my opinion,I was absolutely stumped after driving Manza for 10 odd kms,which uses the same engine.So how much more fun Vista can be with this engine we can really expect!!
Please understand that the car is just not sold as a Car. It is actually the combination of the Car itself + pricing + VFM proposition + ASS + maintenance costs + fuel type + convinience + loans or avalibility of Finance + showroom attitude + competition + promise or commitments made + mktg / advertising + technology + mileage + GOVT policies + customer perception of a brand
1.Car itself= Swift has more trendy looks(which i hate),better interiors,better handling and a more rev friendly engine,in contrast Vista has better space(passenger+boot),very driveable engine,better features(bluetooth and all,though it misses ACC in top variant).

So when it comes to car itself both have their innate advantages.

2.Pricing= Vista variant per variant is almost 40 thousand more cheaper than the Swift.

3.VFM= And it has more features like bluetooth etc,thus Vista is more VFM than Swift is a given.Vista VX has standard ABS which Swift vdi hasn't got.

4.A.S.S= Suzuki leads.

5.Maintenance cost+fuel type= Both have similar 1.3 jtd diesel engines,so maintenance should be at par.But Vista spares are cheaper than Swift,so Vista should have an edge here.

6.Mileage= Both are at par,but Swift because of its lighter shell should be more efficient inside cities.

7. Perception about the brand= As we see above both Vista and Swift are toe to toe with each other in above parameters,but this is by far the most sticking point,people perceive Vista to be facelift of good ol' Indica,whilst it's an all new car.

But please read my OP,didn't I asked a specific question about whether 90ps Vista will be able to change perception about Vista or not?
So the SWIFT did not become a No1 bestseller just because of its good looks or mileage or its a maruti - But it had all the above parameters
I just prove,Vista and Swift are much closer in the above parameters than what appears in the first sight.
So TML just cant dream that it will plonk a 90 BHP engine and it will set the sales charts on FIRE,, wont happen
But can it trump Swift AS A FUN CAR,THAT'S THE QUESTION?
Coming to the Point of VISTA 90 being a good product- Yes if we dont compare it with anybody and consider in Isolation - yes it is a good product
Tata hasn't launched it yet,so we don't know how good or bad it is,wait till 15th december and you'll know all about it.
But we all know what TML needs at this stage - Completely rebuilding the Image of the Brand TML by firing the Old guns who are the helm of affairs at TML and hiring excellent street smart Young blood who can dare to take risks and be Bold and not just agree to all useless decisions taken by the TML Old boys
Karl Slym,Ranjith Yadav,Neeraj Garg,all are in,so what more do you want?

Too Little Too Late - VISTA 90
When sales are dwindling,this is the best time to launch new/refreshed products in my opinion.So Vista 90 ps q-jet is quite welcome.[:)]

THE X-OVER

One thing I want to share. May be wrong.

Recently I went for Rajasthan tour and where ever there was MASS and I would definitely spot TASS as well. It is just that Maruti is advertising the same as their USP. But not to forget TATA also have their reaches till remote places as well.

Another point to consider that, Maruti have increased the labor cost from 900 to 1200 or 1300. and this was down few months ago (I don't remember properly).

IMO, it just the suspension setup that will stop Vista 90HP to become the most fun to drive car in India.

Tata Vista Quadrajet 90 goes on sale

Tata Motors has added another engine option to its Vista line-up. A 88bhp 1.3-litre Quadrajet diesel motor will power the new variant known as the Vista Quadrajet 90. This powerplant is also available in the Fiat Punto 90HP Sport and the Manza saloon. One of the major changes the
Vista 90 comes with is interior styling similar to the Manza saloon’s. This means the instrument console now moves behind the steering wheel.

The Vista Quadrajet 90 is available in two trims, namely VX and ZX. The VX comes equipped with features like power windows, central locking, ABS with EBD and trip computer. All Vista Quadarajet 90s will come with a black painted roof. The ZX variant comes with all the features of the VX and adds alloy wheels and dual airbags.

The addition of the new diesel motor takes the Vista’s diesel tally up to two. There are also two petrol motors including a 1.2-litre unit that is good for 64 bhp and a 1.4-litre engine that churns out 89bhp. The other diesel motor is the same 1.3-litre unit that makes 74bhp and is shared with various Fiat and Maruti products.

Indica Vista Quadrajet 90 prices

VX: Rs. 5.75 lakh (ex-showroom, Panvel), Rs. 6.03 lakh (ex-showroom,Mumbai)

ZX: Rs. 6.32 lakh (ex-showroom, Panvel), Rs. 6.63 lakh (ex-showroom-Mumbai)

Fiat Punto Sport 90HP diesel prices

Rs 7.59 lakh (ex-showroom-Mumbai)

Tata Vista Quadrajet 90 goes on sale - Hindustan Times

Thread Starter #29

Vista Quadrajet90 goes on sale

According to Autocar magazine Tata has launched 90 ps Vista in two trims VX and ZX.Excerpts from the article:

The Vista Quadrajet 90 is available in two trims, namely VX and ZX. The VX comes equipped with features like power windows, central locking, ABS with EBD and trip computer. All Vista Quadarajet 90s will come with a black painted roof. The ZX variant comes with all the features of the VX and adds alloy wheels and dual airbags.
VX: Rs 5.75 lakh (ex-showroom, Panvel), Rs 6.03 lakh (ex-showroom,Mumbai)[clap][clap]

ZX: Rs 6.32 lakh (ex-showroom, Panvel), Rs 6.63 lakh (ex-showroom-Mumbai)

Link:Tata Vista Quadrajet 90 goes on sale | News | Autocar India

This is almost 1.5 lakhs cheaper than Punto 90 ps(7.59 ex showroom).Now a 90 bhp car at under/= 6 lakh rupees,power savvy guys cheer up,its X-mas time.:biggrin:

THE X-OVER

Top Bottom