Tata Vista QJD Ownership Review: Brand New Sedan Class

Thread Starter #1,081
Re: "Tata Vista QJD Ownership Review: Brand New Sedan Class (1,40,000 Kms & 5 Years)"

ilango[speed thirst];544267 said:
Hope you are free from EMI's
Hence -->

Time to change the alloys!! [lol]

Adai.. Time to change car itself. But nothing in near future [lol]

Thread Starter #1,082
Re: "Tata Vista QJD Ownership Review: Brand New Sedan Class (1,40,000 Kms & 5 Years)"

Well, there is an Update.

Vista's front stock shock-absorbs has been replaced at 1,46,*** Kms at the cost of 8K.

apart from that, have changed Key pad shell.

Due - Tyres needs to be replaced in another 5K, will be installing Continental again with the same existing spec [glasses]

Appu
Do you still go to Sayar for repair work-i have black smoke and mytvs suggests a change if fuel injector, i am not sure if thats the reason

Thread Starter #1,085

146k... Wow! My honda city has done only 84K. :-)
Haha, you are walking more(to take photographs) when compare to driving, that could be the reason[;)]

Appu
Do you still go to Sayar for repair work-i have black smoke and mytvs suggests a change if fuel injector, i am not sure if thats the reason

Hi tdcarlover,

Yes I'm still leaving at Sayar for General service (oil change/air filer change/breaks checking/error code check) at every 10-12K kms interval.

Apart from regular service, I'm leaving my Vista for other maintenance/parts replacement like brake pad change/rotor change/suspension change/any electrical work at local garage which is behind RAJA bus shed near New bus stand.

I used to buy TATA Genuine Parts(TGP) at Baskar Auto Spares,Vellore(Near Ambiga Petrol Bunk) with 10% discount from MRP and change it at Local garage.

If you want to check your Vista with my Local Mech. Let me know, I will share the address.

Dear Appu
I would be grateful for the contact of the mechanic
Thanks v much

Thread Starter #1,087

Dear Appu
I would be grateful for the contact of the mechanic
Thanks v much
Hi thambu,

Here you go.

Mechanic Murugan - 9443327290.

call him and refer my Vista num 3222 and my Dad name-Raghunathan.

Hope you will get some clarification on the issue after inspecting with Murugan.

Please update once you had a with Mech.

Dear Appu
Many many thanks. I was busy and somehow missed this mail.
I did check for few days but missed it.
For a few weeks the gearbox started making a lot of noise.
I did not see your mail; contacted a taxi owner-said to try a mechanic called ganesan in sathvachary -he checked and said clutch plate and ball bearings were damaged and whole thing would cost around 6K with labour of 2.3K
I had no choice so i did,and now it seems ok
I did not get the back smoke problem checked with him
I shall try murugan, though i am always scared to go out of the main Tata service center.
Thanks for the number
Much obliged
regards
Thambu

Thread Starter #1,089

Dear Appu
Many many thanks. I was busy and somehow missed this mail.
I did check for few days but missed it.
For a few weeks the gearbox started making a lot of noise.
I did not see your mail; contacted a taxi owner-said to try a mechanic called ganesan in sathvachary -he checked and said clutch plate and ball bearings were damaged and whole thing would cost around 6K with labour of 2.3K
I had no choice so i did,and now it seems ok
I did not get the back smoke problem checked with him
I shall try murugan, though i am always scared to go out of the main Tata service center.
Thanks for the number
Much obliged
regards
Thambu
For Tata cars getting good mech is a tough Job. If you got good Mech, it will be easy and packet friendly.

TATA Genuine parts are available outside at authorized dealer with 10% from MRP. so getting spares from TGP and replace at Good mech will be pocket friendly[:)]

Just take your Vista and consult with Murugan. So that we will get some idea about the issue.

BTW, You are Welcome [:)]

Last edited:
re: " Tata Vista QJD Ownership Review: Brand New Sedan Class (1,75,000 Kms & 6.4 Years)"

Good going Bro!.

What is the mileage figures you are getting now? And how is the suspension and engine noise?

Happy Motoring!

re: " Tata Vista QJD Ownership Review: Brand New Sedan Class (1,75,000 Kms & 6.4 Years)"

Back after a while.. Want to buy a new battery.. Ideas? Appu where are you buying the tires.. Did you get the same original dimensions

Wow... Great to see this. Vista is a very good product and value for money. After reading this, I feel great to an owner of Tata Zest. Tata lasts long and it stays strong.

Thread Starter #1,095

Well, it's a time for an Update.

Another milestone achieved. Yes, have reached 1,75,000Kms last night.

Vista is doing its duty well and good and I'm happy with it [:)]

Here are the pics of Vista, which has taken yesterday

IMG-20180830-WA0033.jpg

IMG-20180830-WA0034.jpg

IMG-20180830-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20180830-WA0009.jpg

Wow is it still going strong I have not even done half of that in same period.
Haha.. just take your ride and start exploring, simple [;)]

Good going Bro!.

What is the mileage figures you are getting now? And how is the suspension and engine noise?

Happy Motoring!
Thank you bro,

Mileage around 16-18Kmpl in Highways, have not calculated in city.

Suspensions were changed at 1,20,000kms. Currently it is Good, may need to change in another 20k kms.

Engine noise is bit higher than before,at the same time it is not too loud. For others it would be common,but I can able to find the difference.

Back after a while.. Want to buy a new battery.. Ideas? Appu where are you buying the tires.. Did you get the same original dimensions
I suggest Amaron batteries anyday.

Tyres, I'm buying at LAL, Chennai. I have upsized the tyres from 175/65/R14 to 185/65/R14.

Currently using Continental CC5 as my 4th set and using Continental tyres for last 3sets and fully happy with it.

Wow... Great to see this. Vista is a very good product and value for money. After reading this, I feel great to an owner of Tata Zest. Tata lasts long and it stays strong.
Yes, if we take care of our car, it will take care of us [:)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom