Tata Venture Review & Pictures

Re: Tata Venture Exclusive Road Test Drive Review

Sales of the Venture seem to have gone up from ~200 to 600 in July-if this the result of the 90K off? The website does not mention any upgrades to the car!
Well a friend who has one is not v pleased with the overall quality! Feels it quite agrarian!

two questions

1.Anyone know whats the risk of these M.OMNI/minibus shaped vehicles toppling & falling sideways or belly up at high speeds on highways? apologies if already discussed!

2. Anybody know the reason why these type of vehicles are not popular as taxis? I mean for cab company if a customer is asking for a six-seater, this might definitely be an economical choice? Nano not being able to replace the Auto is a similar mystery probably.

Last edited:

Vellore has 2 venture taxis .
About 200 indica taxis
Not sure why the flop. The venture website clams it has passed indian safety stds
Perhaps desel autos are cheaper than a nano to run
Apparently the RTO has to permit the nano or for that matter the magic iriz as a taxi..2 or 3 magic iris as personel vehicles in vellore

Sales of the Venture seem to have gone up from ~200 to 600 in July-if this the result of the 90K off? The website does not mention any upgrades to the car!
!
Might be one reason, our would have been added because we were also attracted for that offer, but you know what? that offers are only for 2012 june make which is an year old still!

I confirmed this with Concorde motors as well as Prerna motors in Bangalore, those people had a maroon vehicle ready with them, but somehow we managed to escape.

Well a friend who has one is not v pleased with the overall quality! Feels it quite agrarian
That's the feedback of every owner i asked.

two questions

1.Anyone know whats the risk of these M.OMNI/minibus shaped vehicles toppling & falling sideways or belly up at high speeds on highways? apologies if already discussed!
There is no risk, but if you drive these like you drive your sedans and hatches, it seldom rolls.

2. Anybody know the reason why these type of vehicles are not popular as taxis? I mean for cab company if a customer is asking for a six-seater, this might definitely be an economical choice? Nano not being able to replace the Auto is a similar mystery probably.
Simple, The Automobile manufacturers are finding it hard to give a diesel heart MPV in 3 to 5 lakh budget range, well there is Magic and Maxximmo minivan, but these are meant only for rural side purposes, whereas Omni is doing decently in this field.

Vellore has 2 venture taxis .
About 200 indica taxis
Not sure why the flop. The venture website clams it has passed indian safety stds
Perhaps desel autos are cheaper than a nano to run
Apparently the RTO has to permit the nano or for that matter the magic iriz as a taxi..2 or 3 magic iris as personel vehicles in vellore
Flop is mainly because of that under-powered engine and lask of BS-4 along with unreliability found in every aspects of this car, a superb case study for MBA students of how Tata is wasting money.

August 2013-~500 sold!
Imagine
A venture based on the Vista/ Manza platform; CR4 engine; ABS; Airbags; Well engineered; Good NVH;
Pros
8 seater; car like monocoque with its benefits; cheapest cost effective family van; if sold well could become a cult van like the "v-dub" van
Cons
Would become costly
Would take TML another few years to make
What do fellow TAI members feel?[;)]

Vans will not be treated as family cars anymore since there are better options in terms of quality, safety, performance & comfort.
Hence Venture will not be chosen default as a family car.
Vans will be used for utilitarian purposes and the price asked is premium for a typical van. [:)]

August 2013-~500 sold!
Imagine
A venture based on the Vista/ Manza platform; CR4 engine; ABS; Airbags; Well engineered; Good NVH;
Pros
8 seater; car like monocoque with its benefits; cheapest cost effective family van; if sold well could become a cult van like the "v-dub" van
Cons
Would become costly
All the points are valid here, I feel just if the CR-4 Engine could make its way into Venture, then there will be a decent figures for this MPV, think Tata won't do this because their Sumo would fall.

Nine killed in truck collision in Punjab
Feel sorrow for this family, and hate to highlight an accident on TAI-but,the safety of the Venture does gives me second thoughts on even a test drive. This article seems to highlight that. The image though is not a Venture-thats my opinion!
That looks like a proper car and not venture. Thats maruti Dezire. I some how donot understand why these News Reporters have no sense and report absolutely rubbish!!!

I mean how can one confuse between Venture and Dezire? [frustration]

I guess journalism is hitting new lows in the country. Go by the hearsay?? Some one said Venture so Venture it is? This is not just one off, its absolutely rampant. eg: it couldbe a normal luxury bus with AC but invariably it would be reported as "Volvo". What kind of Journalism is this???

Last edited:

August 2013-~500 sold!
Imagine
Pros
Cons
Would become costly
I dont think so Vista/manza platform based minivan not possible easily because hey have to design the some body pennels and even the engine bey is upfront of dashboard in vista so its increases production cost but if manza based ARIA look like MPV will be good option [clap]

The Super Ace Angtok looks a bit odd with the long shape; However TML seem to have all of us Venture fans wrong- we thought the Venture v2 was due in September-well come September and we get the Angtok with the same engine but bigger and longer?
The Nissan Dost is due for the ' Dost Express' passenger van apparently soon- if its a success will be a big threat for the Venture-most of the new Ventures sold seem to be private taxi operators!

Well, been waiting to hear news on any updates to the Venture,but it would be reasonable to assume that now are likely in the near future! I guess TML is being cautious about what it spends money on?[cry]

Sales still ~200/ month
On the brighter side had an interesting encounter with a new Venture-walking in Vellore a few days ago saw a brand new Venture taxi-with a women driver. She was new to driving it and appeared to be finding her way with the vehicle. As luck would have it she stopped near by and i took the opportunity to chat with her. She is a lovely lady-perhaps all of 5 feet tall with a cheerful effect. Asked her about the Vehicle-was for hire at 7.5Rs/ Km. She herself drove an auto for 8 yrs and now had purchased this. Was thrilled. She had the 7+1 version and had 1 seat removed for easy access to the back!
Will try a taxi ride with family one day-bit scared of safety though!

Most neighboring countries are fullllll of minivans-6,7,8-10 seaters of all shapes and sizes-apparently Japan does not allow cars beyond ?15 yrs and so these are sold of after refurbishing to our neighbors and they run faithfully for years-many 15+yrs. Local mechanics and replacement used parts are the norm.
They are better built than our V and perhaps that would explain the difference in popularity.
However, given our increasing desire to travel in India as big families on tours and picnics a vfm minivan for 6-8 seems to fit the bill. 150-200 all over India/month [cry]

Top Bottom