Tata Altroz EV Scheduled For Indian Launch

Leave the the top 20% and calculate the average price of car in India. I think it would be somewhere around 7 Lakh. At present a 300 km battery which in real life conditions gives 200 km or less costs atleast 5 Lakh without subsidy. So average cost of a car then goes up by 50%.

The govt has announced that within 2020 , there will be a number of charging outlets in different areas of cities - especially theatres , malls , and of course pumps .
There is going to be a revolution for Electric vehicles from 2020 .

Even if the initial investment for the car is higher than the IC ones, the cost of running will be next to nothing.

This is why I think Govt stopped short of any kind of subsidy for private electric 4 wheelers.

In 2 wheeler space, cost per KM running of an electric vehicle is about 20 paise. Now compare that to a IC one, which is about 1.5 per KM. That is about 3 times. Now add to that servicing cost and consumables in IC vehicles, it increases to atleast 3.5 times.

So overall cost is cheaper than IC in 5 years time on average running cycle.

In cities actually, you dont need public charging stations do you?
I dont understand the cry for need of charging stations for electric cars. If you have charging points in your housing society and office parking, its more than enough for the user.
Again there would be issues. I can see big companies offering charging stations. But what about small companies and shops which employ most number of people in the cities? Would they be willing to invest in charging stations? Flats could offer it easily withing their car park, but what about regular housing? Can somebody explain what wiring changes would be needed to have fast charging(high wattage?) at home? Can regular single phase connection support such fast charges?

Just saw a news that govt is clearing the law that makes it possible for old cars to be retrofitted by hybrid or fully electric kits.

Old vehicles can now get electric, hybrid makeover

compare that to a IC one, which is about 1.5 per KM.
Is that Rs. 1.5 per km? How did you come up with that figure.?
If a diesel car gives an actual mileage of 20 kmpl and cost of diesel is Rs. 70 per litre, the cost of diesel alone per km is Rs 3.5.

Nissan leaf 2018 as per Wikipedia has a 40 kwh battery for a range of about 250km. That's 40 units if I'm not wrong, right? Google says industrial usage rate per unit for Delhi is close to Rs 7.5 per unit.

So its 40 units or Rs 300 for 250 km.
Or Rs. 1.2 per KM

Last edited:
Is that Rs. 1.5 per km? How did you come up with that figure.?
If a diesel car gives an actual mileage of 20 kmpl and cost of diesel is Rs. 70 per litre, the cost of diesel alone per km is Rs 3.5.

Nissan leaf 2018 as per Wikipedia has a 40 kwh battery for a range of about 250km. That's 40 units if I'm not wrong, right? Google says industrial usage rate per unit for Delhi is close to Rs 7.5 per unit.

So its 40 units or Rs 300 for 250 km.
Or Rs. 1.2 per KM
That was comparison for 2 wheelers.

Of course there will be issues. BUT it wont as huge an issue as some 'experts' suggest.

BTW, we should be discussing this in EV thread though. [:D]

Leave the the top 20% and calculate the average price of car in India. I think it would be somewhere around 7 Lakh. At present a 300 km battery which in real life conditions gives 200 km or less costs atleast 5 Lakh without subsidy. So average cost of a car then goes up by 50%.
Its an interesting input on EV cars,
Apart from this i was wondering how can an EV car be taken to outstation trips,with the range of 200-300kms.
Alternative fuel CNG,which has become popular of late, is easily available only in selected cities,a CNG car has to be switched to Petrol in long distance trips.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Altroz EV unlikely to be priced under Rs 10 lakh

er.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20190308044720_Tata-Altroz-EV-front.jpg

At the 2019 Geneva motor show, Tata Motors showcased a strong intent towards adopting newer technologies with the reveal of its second fully electric vehicle, the Altroz EV. Set to be launched in our market within two years, the Altroz EV is unlikely to be priced under Rs 10 lakh.

zer.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20190308044720_Tata-Altroz-EV-rear.jpg

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Altroz EV rendered with a station-wagon look [Video]

Earlier this year, Tata showcased the Altroz EV at the Indian Auto Expo too. Here we have a video that shows a Tata Altroz EV hatchback rendered as an estate car.

The video has been uploaded by SRK Designs on their Youtube channel. The Altroz EV looks identical to the petrol powered version in terms of design. The main difference between both the cars is the presence of blue accents on ORVM, headlamp garnish, lower part of bumper, side cladding and rear. The render video imagines the Altroz EV as an estate car and it does look good. The artist has straightaway extended the rear part of the Altroz EV to give it a proper estate car style side profile.

Read:

350Z

Core Team
Tata Altroz EV has been confirmed for launch in 2025 and it will be based on the Acti.EV architecture. (Source: Link)

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom