Tata To Replace Winger MPV with Next Gen Renault Traffic?

As what other members said, during peak season times its difficult to find a winger available for your travelling tours,mostly are booked well in advance and family of 8 or above prefers this as its spacious,comfortable,and not much of the price difference with innnova in seasons.Facelift is surely on the cards and if this is what its going tobe launched, dont knw have mixed feelings for it.Any engine specs about the new launch what Tata is going to offer on this one??

@visran,

TATA dint sell the winger from their passenger vehicle department. It was sold through the commercial vehicles wing. AND they made no effort to sell it as a private vehicle at all.
Buddy you are wrong here, Tata released winger platinum for private buyers with seven bucket seats, dual row A/C vents, but it was no deal-breaker as it was so big for an individual.

I'd travelled in it once, and have to admit, its superb. Much better than any 'tempos' there is.
Agree to that. The seating position is also nice in every seats.

I have one lame question.

How can tata simply pick up Renault traffic and put their logo and market it as possibly new Winger? What is logic behind this and how will that give them profitability? Is it on the same lines as that of Mobiles? Made in China/Taiwan phones just branded separately and sold in market?

Another example is that Renault Scala and Nissan Sunny look dangerously similar. Also we are expecting Nissan Duster after successful launch of Renault Duster.

Is this any kind of plagarism? or its just that business tactics? Can any one explain this to me?

I have one lame question.

How can tata simply pick up Renault traffic and put their logo and market it as possibly new Winger? What is logic behind this and how will that give them profitability? Is it on the same lines as that of Mobiles? Made in China/Taiwan phones just branded separately and sold in market?
NOPE. Its not the same. Branding is different, like the mobiles these days. TATA is doing a licensed production. This will save TATA a lot of time in development. The design is licensed. The parts, panels are all TATA.

I just hope that Tata plonks the 2.2 vtt dicor engine into this Indianised version of Renault Master! The power to weight ratio should be fantastic with a 140bhp engine that develops raw torue of 320NM!

I just hope that Tata plonks the 2.2 vtt dicor engine into this Indianised version of Renault Master! The power to weight ratio should be fantastic with a 140bhp engine that develops raw torue of 320NM!
[surprise], its not needed for a van which is used for commercial purpose! Already the FE figures are less in the current vehicle.

Buddy,the 2.2 vtt is more advanced engine than 2.0lt TCIC(in every which way),and hence even fuel efficiency should improve drastically,if Tata decides to plonk it under the hood of new GEN Winger,IMO!

Buddy,the 2.2 vtt is more advanced engine than 2.0lt TCIC(in every which way),and hence even fuel efficiency should improve drastically,if Tata decides to plonk it under the hood of new GEN Winger,IMO!
this will do nothing but increase the cost of manufacturing levels and for that matter, these vehicles are largely owned by taxi fleet owners, so they won't prefer advanced engines who think that these cost more to maintain. They should consider reducing the weight and possibly bring in the CR-4 engine that runs in Sumo Gold with different state of tune of say an 90 bhp that will be more economical to buy and run.

My buddy, plonking the 2.2 vtt won't only increase power but will increase production cost quite high as with a new engine a new gearbox will be required. More power means a lot of changes. 320NM when will go to front wheels through long drive shafts then there will be excessive torque steer. New engine and more power means better brakes, better front suspension, better tyres and hence prices will reach so high that only Tata itself will be buying the winger, none else..[lol]
Rest right now I am thinking that from which angle this new winger looks like 'Laura'!!

this will do nothing but increase the cost of manufacturing levels and for that matter, these vehicles are largely owned by taxi fleet owners, so they won't prefer advanced engines who think that these cost more to maintain. They should consider reducing the weight and possibly bring in the CR-4 engine that runs in Sumo Gold with different state of tune of say an 90 bhp that will be more economical to buy and run.
Buddy I beg to differ a bit here. Though a high displacement engine can do wonders to Winger and make it very much responsive too but putting a 3.0 engine is not going to decrease the weight at least. Secondly I am doubtful if the small bonnet of Winger can be fit for a bulky 3.0l unit as well as many more electronic gadgetry that a CRDi/CR-4 engine comes with.

Last edited:

Top Bottom