Tata Tigor XZA (P): My New Grey Beauty

Thread Starter #166
Cool, thanks for the quick inputs Vinodji and Nairji. Will start to think about soon. I had a casual inquiry last week with my existing dealer about old stock and they said it can be arranged. The price would be about 1 lac less.
Hopefully I'll get the remaining money from the insurance claim in 2-3 weeks as I've submitted all the papers.

Well the nexon will be updated in 2020, BS6 will kick in, and this is year end, so in light of all these factors, the dealers will be ready to liquidate the stocks asap, and you should get some fantastic discounts. my friend who recently booked his harrier got, 65k cash discount, around 40k in insurance saving, accessories worth 15-20k so you should be able to get good discounts on Nexon or Tigor, I would suggest you go for Nexon, its a 5 star safe car.

Thread Starter #168
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if it is advisable to go for a demo car? I had a test drive of Ford Freestyle. It is mostly out of stock right now due to year end and upcoming bs6 deadline. The new stock will be available after January and without any offers.

The dealer is offering 1.5 lacs discount on the top end titanium plus petrol variant for the demo car. Odo reading is around 6k. The car seemed fine during my test drive. What other points should be considered here?

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if it is advisable to go for a demo car? I had a test drive of Ford Freestyle. It is mostly out of stock right now due to year end and upcoming bs6 deadline. The new stock will be available after January and without any offers.

The dealer is offering 1.5 lacs discount on the top end titanium plus petrol variant for the demo car. Odo reading is around 6k. The car seemed fine during my test drive. What other points should be considered here?
Hello Bhushan,
First things first, as per Auto talk, Ford is closing shop in India, and moving with M&M.
Freestyle is a decent car, is it a petrol or diesel? there is distress selling by dealers and companies this month, check with other Ford dealers what is maximum offers for a new Freestyle, then take a call.
What you should look out for this 6k used demo car, tyres condition, ABC pedals abuse, fluids, and Dents and dings, and if any paint work has been done, as well as service history.
All the best.
Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #170
Hello Bhushan,
First things first, as per Auto talk, Ford is closing shop in India, and moving with M&M.
Freestyle is a decent car, is it a petrol or diesel?
It is a petrol top-end Ttanium variant with 6 airbags and other safety features like electronic stability program, anti-rollover protection etc. The top end also comes with Android auto, Ford sync3, auto rain sensing wipers.
That's why the deal looked good to me. [:)]

there is distress selling by dealers and companies this month, check with other Ford dealers what is maximum offers for a new Freestyle, then take a call.
Yes, that's right. On a new Freestyle, they are ready to give offers upto 40k but unfortunately new cars are out of stock at the moment. I checked with couple of dealers here in Pune. They say the new stock will come after Jan only and without any offers.

What you should look out for this 6k used demo car, tyres condition, ABC pedals abuse, fluids, and Dents and dings, and if any paint work has been done, as well as service history.
All the best.
Regards
Vinod
Yep, thanks for the info. Vinodji. I'll do thorough check for this. At least during the TD yesterday, the car seemed ok. Took a TD on highway and the car performed well. The engine was responsive and peppy. Fun to drive.
Will it be good idea to replace brake-pads, clutch etc considering it's a demo car with 6k running?

It is a petrol top-end Ttanium variant with 6 airbags and other safety features like electronic stability program, anti-rollover protection etc. The top end also comes with Android auto, Ford sync3, auto rain sensing wipers.
That's why the deal looked good to me. [:)]

Yes, that's right. On a new Freestyle, they are ready to give offers upto 40k but unfortunately new cars are out of stock at the moment. I checked with couple of dealers here in Pune. They say the new stock will come after Jan only and without any offers.

Yep, thanks for the info. Vinodji. I'll do thorough check for this. At least during the TD yesterday, the car seemed ok. Took a TD on highway and the car performed well. The engine was responsive and peppy. Fun to drive.
Will it be good idea to replace brake-pads, clutch etc considering it's a demo car with 6k running?
Okay all seems good, how much is the OTR price coming to? Don't include the insurance (get it online, go for it from the dealer only if they offer 3+3 years insurance) and ask for EW for 3/4 or even 5th year. If you can manage the EW then no need to replace brake pads and clutch plates, as this will be taken care of in future.
Check the VIN number for exact mfr date.

Thread Starter #172
Okay all seems good, how much is the OTR price coming to? Don't include the insurance (get it online, go for it from the dealer only if they offer 3+3 years insurance) and ask for EW for 3/4 or even 5th year. If you can manage the EW then no need to replace brake pads and clutch plates, as this will be taken care of in future.
Check the VIN number for exact mfr date.
OTR is 8.90 at the moment here. They are offering it at 7.50. May be i'll try to negotiate more on insurance, accessories side. Sure, will check for EW as well. At the moment, the warranty is covered upto 2023 (9th month)
VIN is from 2018. Should I try to bargain more on that?

OTR is 8.90 at the moment here. They are offering it at 7.50. May be i'll try to negotiate more on insurance, accessories side. Sure, will check for EW as well. At the moment, the warranty is covered upto 2023 (9th month)
VIN is from 2018. Should I try to bargain more on that?
By God Pune taxes are horrendous[gun]
How many years insurance does this price include?
Try negotiate and get it down to around 7, and if they can throw in EW till 2025, change the battery and tyres, you should be sorted.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if it is advisable to go for a demo car?The car seemed fine during my test drive.?
My Advice: No,do not go for this Demo car. Save some more and buy a brand new one later on.Have patience.Or go a segment lower and buy still a brand new one if budget is tight + you can't wait at all.You are already ready to spend big amount on this,which can get you a new one from different segment.
Who knows how many drivers have abused this Demo car ,and that too how many times? The car will always seem fine during the test drives.Horror story will only start later on,when it comes home.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #175
My Advice: No,do not go for this Demo car. Save some more and buy a brand new one later on.Have patience.Or go a segment lower and buy still a brand new one if budget is tight + you can't wait at all.You are already ready to spend big amount on this,which can get you a new one from different segment.
Who knows how many drivers have abused this Demo car ,and that too how many times? The car will always seem fine during the test drives.Horror story will only start later on,when it comes home.
Yes Mayankji, this one point is still making me hesitant to go for this. The use and abuse it might have gone through. With a used car, the use could be better due to ownership thing but demo car, you never know. The dealership have said they'll do the proper servicing and all but still. Need to consider this point more. Was interested since it was a top-end variant. Anyway, thanks for the input. :)

There's one new lower trend plus variant car also available. Let's see.

Thread Starter #176
Hi. Need some help here. I'm still deciding between Tigor and Freestyle. Getting good deals on both so that's not an issue. I'm considering petrol top-end variants (manual).

The only point which I'm still unsure about is the build quality, as safety is one my top priority. [:)] Of course I'm aware how good is the build quality of Tigor, wanted to know if the build quality of Freestyle is good? How is the body structure, sturdy or not? Of course, apart from that, it has various safety features like active rollover protection, electronic stability program and 6 airbags on top of that. Also the kerb weight is almost same in both cars i.e. around 1030-40 kgs. Read in the Tbhp review that it has lighter build, not sure how though.[think]

So it would be great if anyone can help me on this point.

With regards to Freestyle, not sure of the safety rating of the ford car since Indian variant is not tested, however, from what perceptions we have, they (Ford) may not skip on essential safety requirements. So feel that way, both cars should be good. You cannot go wrong with any one of them.

but to make matters complicated for you, Why don't you wait a bit, and look at altroz?

Thread Starter #178
With regards to Freestyle, not sure of the safety rating of the ford car since Indian variant is not tested, however, from what perceptions we have, they (Ford) may not skip on essential safety requirements. So feel that way, both cars should be good. You cannot go wrong with any one of them.

but to make matters complicated for you, Why don't you wait a bit, and look at altroz?
Thanks Joshiji. Will soon decide about it. About altroz, I did not like the design much. May be the lowered stance or the side strips near window. The way I felt after seeing Nexon or Tigor, it wasn't the same with Altroz. So not much excited with it.

Thread Starter #180
Thanks Vinodji. I was more looking from the body structure strength point of view. Surely the top variant of freestyle is loaded with many security features like ESP, hill assist, ARP along with 6 airbags.

Top Bottom