Tata Tigor XZA (P): My New Grey Beauty

Thread Starter #154
Still no updates on it. There are some local garages which said they will be repairing such flooded vehicles. Will it be good to check with them if sc decides to write it off?

Still no updates on it. There are some local garages which said they will be repairing such flooded vehicles. Will it be good to check with them if sc decides to write it off?
Hello Hemant,
You are indeed on the right thought, the car's which are written off by insurance companies are sold/auctioned to local mechanic/workshop who turns it around.
I remember during the Chennai floods some years back, many people did this whose insurance got expired or conflict with insurance companies.

Thread Starter #156
Hello Hemant,
You are indeed on the right thought, the car's which are written off by insurance companies are sold/auctioned to local mechanic/workshop who turns it around.
I remember during the Chennai floods some years back, many people did this whose insurance got expired or conflict with insurance companies.
Yep, have to find a reliable garage though. Of course, need to bear in mind that the car may not be the same again and may cause problems later on. On the other hand it's difficult to let the car go, which just a year old, in such a way.

Found a thread on tbhp about full loss claim. There's a provision for road tax refund as well on pro rata basis in such cases with local rto. In this way, one can stop such cars being sold outside. Attaching the screenshot here.

Attachments

Like knowledgeable Doc. has also suggested to go the repair/restore route to Hemant.
My nurd question, who foots the bill for this gigantic task, self or the insurance company.

Thread Starter #159
I think it can be restored to its original condition, provided an honest effort is made. Don't let it go, just like this.
Yep, honest effort is required here but SC seems to have made their mind not to touch it. There 25-30 such affected Tata cars in our locality which are there in SC. May be that's one of the reasons. SC efforts would have been better as compared to local garages since the car is just a year old. Let me check if I can talk to them on this. The approx estimate given by them was about Rs 1.10 lacs with further action depending on the survey. There's one local garage as well where I used to give my Santro for servicing. Will check with them as well for repairs.

Otoh, in case of total loss I'm also thinking of checking them with any special offers on new Tata car, if any.

Thread Starter #160
So some updates on this - with heavy heart, I had to part with my greay beauty last week. The SC refused to work on it as the car was submerged upto 3/4th level, same with many other cars. I also talked to my regular garage but they also suggested me to get the total loss claim and purchase a new one. According to them, the risk involved in getting it repaired from unknown sources and the cost associated with the repairs (including front airbags replacement), makes it difficult to go ahead. So at the end, decided to get the total loss value. So I went the insurance way, got some value from the salvager and the rest will be getting from the insurance company, to have the full IDV covered. Really hard to let it go such way, trust me. Even my 2 yrs old daughter keeps asking when will our Tiggy be back? [sad]

Anyway, right now not in hurry to purchase a new one. Just contemplating about the budget and the choices at the moment. [think] And this time, will makes sure that I add the Return to Invoice add-on in the insurance policy to cover the invoice value in such case of total loss. Do let me know if you have more info. on this add-on.

So some updates on this - with heavy heart, I had to part with my greay beauty last week. The SC refused to work on it as the car was submerged upto 3/4th level, same with many other cars. I also talked to my regular garage but they also suggested me to get the total loss claim and purchase a new one. According to them, the risk involved in getting it repaired from unknown sources and the cost associated with the repairs (including front airbags replacement), makes it difficult to go ahead. So at the end, decided to get the total loss value. So I went the insurance way, got some value from the salvager and the rest will be getting from the insurance company, to have the full IDV covered. Really hard to let it go such way, trust me. Even my 2 yrs old daughter keeps asking when will our Tiggy be back? [sad]

Anyway, right now not in hurry to purchase a new one. Just contemplating about the budget and the choices at the moment. [think] And this time, will makes sure that I add the Return to Invoice add-on in the insurance policy to cover the invoice value in such case of total loss. Do let me know if you have more info. on this add-on.
Hello Hemant, i can echo yours and little girls feeling, however life moves on.
You would have learnt many new lessons with this incidence.
Shortlist and budget the car's of you and family's choice, decide after Jan 2020, when BS6 norms kick in.
Do keep us posted.
All the best.
Regards
Vinod

Nairrk

Honoured Member
That's very sad indeed to part away with the car which you and your family loved a lot.

Don't lose your heart and spirit - As Vindoji rightly pointed out, just wait for more BS6 compliant cars to be launched and you will have better choices then.

Thread Starter #163
Hello Hemant, i can echo yours and little girls feeling, however life moves on.
You would have learnt many new lessons with this incidence.
Shortlist and budget the car's of you and family's choice, decide after Jan 2020, when BS6 norms kick in.
Do keep us posted.
All the best.
Regards
Vinod
Thanks a lot Vinodji for your words. (My name is Bhushan btw :) )

Currently I don't see any issue going back again to Tigor. Just need to see which variant to go for, depending upon the budget. Apart from that, I'm considering Freestyle, i20 as well. I like Nexon very much, but going by the budget (approx 8-9 lacs), I see only lower variants like xe, xm possible. Similar thing is Venue 's' variant. But I see more features in that compared to Nexon xm. I'm also waiting for the launch of Altroz too.

Btw, will it be good idea to go for BS4 vehicles to get a good deal as showrooms may offer good discounts to get the stock cleared before April 2020?
Also will it be good idea to go for vehicles with older VINs (say early 2019 or so) to get some more discount?
Let me know your thoughts on it.

Thanks a lot Vinodji for your words. (My name is Bhushan btw :) )

Currently I don't see any issue going back again to Tigor. Just need to see which variant to go for, depending upon the budget. Apart from that, I'm considering Freestyle, i20 as well. I like Nexon very much, but going by the budget (approx 8-9 lacs), I see only lower variants like xe, xm possible. Similar thing is Venue 's' variant. But I see more features in that compared to Nexon xm. I'm also waiting for the launch of Altroz too.

Btw, will it be good idea to go for BS4 vehicles to get a good deal as showrooms may offer good discounts to get the stock cleared before April 2020?
Also will it be good idea to go for vehicles with older VINs (say early 2019 or so) to get some more discount?
Let me know your thoughts on it.
Hello Bhushan (mixed up big time),
Instead of Jan 2020, i would suggest Dec end, to start negotiation for your shortlisted car's, dealers and mfr give maximum discount in July and Dec, especially if you are ok with 6 months old stock, do carry the check list, and negotiate with them to give you the later mfr battery and tyres, off hand i can remember these 2 fast wearing items.
For freestyle and Nexon, aim for the varient one below the top-end.
All the best

Nairrk

Honoured Member
For Nexon, discount offers were seen at Rs.52, 500 during the first week of November. I think, now you will get much more than that. Some blogs, I have seen the discount as much as Rs.87, 000. Keep talk to couple of dealers and see what best you can draw from them (dealers want to sell the car hence it is time to bargain, bargain...)

Top Bottom