Tata Tigor XZA (P): My New Grey Beauty

Yes these are my City Traffic figure by Tank full method, in Jaipur City Traffic, here we have to use Ac almost 7-8 months in year.
The average speeds are mentioned based on D/T=S simple method. So this includes Lights traffic and regular commute.
Though it may seem okay but yet i am not satisfied for small car standards,coz ARAI certified is much higher. e.g
I have an 2008 chevy spark ARAI 16.7 kmpl in city it returns 13-14 with AC Manual gear.

Yours is a Tigor so may be more weight further reducing mileage. I have driven 13000 Kms and for most part it has been niggle free few plastics loosened but have been rectified by SC and have never reappeared.

Special mention here is my last visit, where i particularly mentioned the irregular behaviour of A pedal in my AMT plus some loose plastics and misaligned dashboard.They took 2 days and have returned the car with superb corrections rather now its driving so well the A pedal input is much more responsive and i am enjoying the car. Still i have few things in mind:

1. If they can add a bit of play in the A Pedal it would further help in feather light input and proper judgement.

2. The A Pedal is more upright than in my other cars would want it a little deeper for better foot angle while accelerating

Your Thoughts?
65525460_851678128525521_5517937470936711168_n (1).jpg

61193076_826743131019021_1987831304061714432_n (1).jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #137
Yes these are my City Traffic figure by Tank full method, in Jaipur City Traffic, here we have to use Ac almost 7-8 months in year.
The average speeds are mentioned based on D/T=S simple method. So this includes Lights traffic and regular commute.
Though it may seem okay but yet i am not satisfied for small car standards,coz ARAI certified is much higher. e.g
I have an 2008 chevy spark ARAI 16.7 kmpl in city it returns 13-14 with AC Manual gear.

Yours is a Tigor so may be more weight further reducing mileage. I have driven 13000 Kms and for most part it has been niggle free few plastics loosened but have been rectified by SC and have never reappeared.
Right. Weight factor there with Tigor. [:)]

Special mention here is my last visit, where i particularly mentioned the irregular behaviour of A pedal in my AMT plus some loose plastics and misaligned dashboard.They took 2 days and have returned the car with superb corrections rather now its driving so well the A pedal input is much more responsive and i am enjoying the car.
That's good to know. Any idea what did they do? In my case when I complained about jerks, all they do is ecu flashing, which temporarily makes it smoother. But back to same situations after few days.

Still i have few things in mind:

1. If they can add a bit of play in the A Pedal it would further help in feather light input and proper judgement.
Right, it is variable every time. As I mentioned in my case, a very light tap on A pedal in M mode, makes it surge aggressively, sometimes.

2. The A Pedal is more upright than in my other cars would want it a little deeper for better foot angle while accelerating
No complaints from me here.

That's good to know. Any idea what did they do? In my case when I complained about jerks, all they do is ecu flashing, which temporarily makes it smoother. But back to same situations after few days.
They said they updated ECU which flashes it also he said he flashed AMT BCM also which resets AMT learnings. Also did some mechanical adjustments, but since then i have not being driving in M Mode, the Default A mode is doing its duty pretty well.

Do check the insta FE Graph at constant speeds in 3-4-5 gear does it go past the 3/4th mark in any gear. Also for me in 3rd gear it remains mostly below half way mark as the car is accelerating don't know how to drive at lower constant speeds in 3rd gear, a slight tap on A pedal also revvs fast.
Its good in a sense that the car doesn't feel lethargic but in dense traffic means more make and brake ride.

That was nice knowledge sharing with you, will update you further on Ownership, also wish to keep this thread alive for a longer period of time

Thread Starter #139
They said they updated ECU which flashes it also he said he flashed AMT BCM also which resets AMT learnings. Also did some mechanical adjustments, but since then i have not being driving in M Mode, the Default A mode is doing its duty pretty well.
Yes, ECU flashing clears the ecu data/mapping, which makes it smoother to drive for some days. When you drive immediately after an ecu update, you feel gear shiftings butter smooth and gear changes below 2000 RPMs. [:)]
One funny thing in my case is, at this point, sometimes in A mode, the gear shiftings are happening at 2500 RPM when revved bit faster, almost same as Sports mode. [lol]

Do check the insta FE Graph at constant speeds in 3-4-5 gear does it go past the 3/4th mark in any gear. Also for me in 3rd gear it remains mostly below half way mark as the car is accelerating don't know how to drive at lower constant speeds in 3rd gear, a slight tap on A pedal also revvs fast.

Its good in a sense that the car doesn't feel lethargic but in dense traffic means more make and brake ride.
Yep, did check it again today. In the 3rd gear, at optimum speed, I could see it go near full range, on some occasions constantly remaining in the full range. Of course, due to traffic, could not keep the same speed. May be it is more revvy in your case due to the weight factor, than in Tigor.

That was nice knowledge sharing with you, will update you further on Ownership, also wish to keep this thread alive for a longer period of time
Same here. Thanks for the sharing! If you wish to, do start your ownership thread as well and share your experiences. [:)]

Last edited:
One funny thing in my case is, at this point, sometimes in A mode, the gear shiftings are happening at 2500 RPM when revved bit faster, almost same as Sports mode. [lol]
You are right and for that reason i want a Play in the A Pedal coz its so sensitive to hard press that it holds the gear upto 2500 RPM, BTW in sports mode it is 2800-3000 rpm. Talking about sports mode the car really comes alive and can leave behind many Swifts/ Amazes and Baleno on red lights.I am sure on highways it would be super fun.

Yep, did check it again today. In the 3rd gear, at optimum speed, I could see it go near full range, on some occasions constantly remaining in the full range
Well never for me, will again test out soon, btw without AC its much better and reaches the 3/4th mark.Are your observations with AC or without?

Same here. Thanks for the sharing! If you wish to, do start your ownership thread as well and share your experiences. [:)]
Its hard to take time out of the routine but as and when i can I would do it, For other day i can always join in on Threads like these thanks to this website.

Thread Starter #141
You are right and for that reason i want a Play in the A Pedal coz its so sensitive to hard press that it holds the gear upto 2500 RPM, BTW in sports mode it is 2800-3000 rpm. Talking about sports mode the car really comes alive and can leave behind many Swifts/ Amazes and Baleno on red lights.I am sure on highways it would be super fun.
Yes, definitely. Sports mode is pretty fun to use on open roads/highways. Even veru useful at hilly/ghat sections when more power is required. Of course, you need to stop looking at FE in this mode and just enjoy driving. [:)]

btw without AC its much better and reaches the 3/4th mark.Are your observations with AC or without?
Mine is mostly without AC, as I use it sometimes only. With AC it is more jerkier in my experience.

Its hard to take time out of the routine but as and when i can I would do it, For other day i can always join in on Threads like these thanks to this website.
Yep, sure. [:)] I've just completed a year on TAI. The guidance you get here is really useful. [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #142
Have managed to negate the jerkiness in the 1st gear, to some extent. Here are some tips for reducing jerkiness in 1st gear for AMT.

1. AMT is about sedate, relaxed driving. If you like to revv it up usually, then its not suitable for you.
  2. It is jerky in 1st gear. It becomes smoother in upper gears. So keeping that in mind, try to drive in higher gears as much as possible.
  3. When gear shifts happen, lift your foot off A pedal slightly. This will reduce jerks to some extent. Usually shifts happen at around 2k rpm. You'll get used to it by practice.
  4. Jerky behavior is observed more with AC on. Try to use it only when required. With AC off, the jerkiness is reduced to some extent.
  5. In heavy traffic, jerkiness is more observed in 1st gear, in stop-go situations. In this case, try to constantly give little A pedal input (10% only), as far as possible. This also reduces jerks to some extent.
  6. Creep function is smooth. Try to use it as far as possible in heavy traffic.
  7. While moving forward from standstill position, don't press A pedal instantly. Instead let it creep for second or two and then give A pedal input.
Have been following tip no. 3 from the start. It is helpful. Also started following no. 5 from last few months. It is working well for me, especially in heavy traffic, stop-go situations.
Do share if you have any additional tips. :smile:

Thread Starter #143
Anyone replaced the spark plugs in their Tigor? From our Tigor owners group, couple of members have changed the stock plugs with ngk ones, lkr6d10e to be specific. According to them, the overall engine response is improved and some marginal improvement in FE is observed as well.

Has anyone at TAI done that? Any expert guidance on doing this?

Thread Starter #144
Bit late, but finally fitted door visors (set of 4) from SC. Total cost 1993/- including taxes.

I find door visors useful when it rains, as I prefer to keep windows slightly open, instead of turning ac on.
The jerkiness is seen more prominent in AMT with ac on. [roll]

I had a bitter sweet experience yesterday. I was in Bangalore for a day yesterday and since it was a to fro journey from the Airport I booked a Santro 2018 MT petrol from Revv as my self drive vehicle.( Obviously coz I had to compare it with my Tiago)
So the sweet part:(where Tiago is better)
The car lacks power has a bouncy suspension feels smaller than its peers and very basic in everything it does yet is priced upwards of 5.5 lacs onroad not really value for money.
The steering is I think the worst calibrated one that you can find in a small car even Celerio is better you can never chuck confidently in corners Tiago is much more fun to drive.
Now the Bitter part:
NVH
Smooth four pot meant city driveability not at all jerky higher gear at lower speed much easier.
Now Where it pinched me most for my 115 KM's ride it gave me staggering 20.2kmpl with avg speed at 44 KMPH and Always on AC
P.s. fellow owners from Bangalore can shed some light on the route I took and whether if such mileage is at all possible with Tiago

Attachments

Thread Starter #146
On the night of 26th September, there was cloudburst like situation here in Pune. The water level in the nallah behind our society rose tremendously causing damages to many compound walls. This resulted the water enter in many houses at the ground floor. In my house water level was about 4-5 ft. We all had to go to the first floor.

My Tigor got submerged in the water upto 3/4 th level for more than couple of hours. It had to be towed to the sc. I did not attempt to start it knowing about the hydrolocking. Currently waiting for their survey and the estimates. So what do you think guys, will it be repairable in such cases or should I go for full loss claim?

On the night of 26th September, there was cloudburst like situation here in Pune. The water level in the nallah behind our society rose tremendously causing damages to many compound walls. This resulted the water enter in many houses at the ground floor. In my house water level was about 4-5 ft. We all had to go to the first floor.

My Tigor got submerged in the water upto 3/4 th level for more than couple of hours. It had to be towed to the sc. I did not attempt to start it knowing about the hydrolocking. Currently waiting for their survey and the estimates. So what do you think guys, will it be repairable in such cases or should I go for full loss claim?
Let's hope for the best Hemant, have the inside become drenched/soaked? I mean the carpets and seat's.
A couple of hours in water, should not effect much, though let TASS and insurance surveyor take the call.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member

If no attempt was made to crank the car, there is very less probability of damage to the engine.
It can be back on the road soon.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #149
Let's hope for the best Hemant, have the inside become drenched/soaked? I mean the carpets and seat's.
A couple of hours in water, should not effect much, though let TASS and insurance surveyor take the call.
Yes, everything got wet and muddy. The driver side window got opened, not sure how. May be some tripping might have happened.

If no attempt was made to crank the car, there is very less probability of damage to the engine.
It can be back on the road soon.
Yep, I did not try to crank it. Towed it to the sc directly. But the water was all over inside, 3/4 th level. Just came back from the sc submitting the claim form. The water level was above level c, i.e. dashboard. So chances of full loss are more according to them. The survey will take place today or tomorrow, most probably. Will update it here then.

Top Bottom