Tata Tigor XZA (P): My New Grey Beauty

Thread Starter #92
One question regarding the sports mode in AMT - Does the FE numbers fluctuate more in sports mode than in city mode? I used sports mode for a longer duration than usual today and observed that the FE figures, starting from 8, reached 10-11 in quick time as compared to city mode. (And it came down quickly too When I stopped at a traffic signal [;)])

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I think, in sports mode the consumption will be more comparing City mode or manual mode.

Few days back, I drove the car for 90kms (two way) and while going I drove on sports mode and when I reached the destination the MID shown as 11.5Kmpl. On returning I drove the car in manual as well as a city mode (did not touch the sports mode at all) and MID has shown as 13.2 kmpl - this is what I have achieved.!

Thread Starter #94
I got a call from the SC on Saturday about checking my car for some leakage test of front left door. Till date I haven't faced any such issues. They said they are doing these checks as per chassis no. received from TM.

So I went to the SC on Sunday and got it checked. Took around 45 minutes for this. Thankfully no leakage was observed. No cost involved in this. Anyone got calls for such leakage test recently?

I spent 5 days with a Nexon XZA+ Petrol. And I absolutely loved it and so did my family. We have a diesel manual in the house already and I had this car and it was like my mom just asked, "Beta, kitni ki hai yeh? Papa ko bolo le lete hai (Son, how much is it? Ask dad to buy it)". And she is one tough customer to please. The turbo kick in sports mode at 2nd gear will leave most cars behind in the segment. Really good fun.

I spent 5 days with a Nexon XZA+ Petrol. And I absolutely loved it and so did my family. We have a diesel manual in the house already and I had this car and it was like my mom just asked, "Beta, kitni ki hai yeh? Papa ko bolo le lete hai (Son, how much is it? Ask dad to buy it)". And she is one tough customer to please. The turbo kick in sports mode at 2nd gear will leave most cars behind in the segment. Really good fun.
Wait, have a look at Harrier, probably, you would want to go for that then. but yeah, not in petrol and no Automatic at launch.

Thread Starter #101
Last week, did my first long trip with my grey beauty. A yearly visit to in-laws place near Ratnagiri, in coastal area of Maharashtra(i.e. Konkan).
I used to travel there with my family in our Santro till date. This time we really felt the difference with the Tigor AMT. The ride was super comfortable. [thumbsup]

On highways, the car was very stable at 100-120, though I seldom went ahead of 100. With nice 6-lane highway(NH-48) till karad city, I mostly used city mode only, due to my relaxed driving style. Initially I started with M mode, but after seeing FE falling down, switched to city mode. Also used sports mode only in couple of hilly sections. With the sports mode, the car marched ahead with ease in ghats. And city mode made sure that I got very good mileage on this journey. While travelling on state highways, mostly 4-lane ones, I sometimes used M mode for overtaking purpose, though there were no scary moments in using city mode too in this situations.The car handled some bad road patches with ease.

Let me add some pictures now. [:)]
Here is the route map -
route.png

FE reading till NH-48 (Karad city) using city mode mostly -
fe_1.jpg

Tigor relaxing on a beach near Ratnagiri -

TAI2.jpg

Tigor at a calm, scenic place called Ganeshgule temple.
TAI_1.jpeg

The final FE figure at the destination at the end of the to-journey was 19. I still consider it as very good, considering the breaks taken due to my little daughter's sickness. While returning too, I got impressive figures of 23.5 on NH-48, till Pune.Till NH-48, it was 18-19 due to some bad roads and traffic. Hoping to better these figures after 3-4 servicings.(currently the 2nd servicing is due now) Overall I really enjoyed driving my Tigor AMT on this trip.[drive]

Thread Starter #102
2nd Service Update-

Got my Tigor serviced on 24/12/2018 after completing 6 months with it. Usual tasks done like air filter, ac filter cleaning, oil level checks and cleaning. Did not have any specific issue to complain. There was just some loud noise in reverse gear but it is common according to SA. Rest it was all smooth. Got wheel alignment done for Rs. 602/- as per his suggestion. That was the final bill amount. The SA wanted to add 600 more for wax polishing but I declined. I wonder if the wheel alignment was also needed so early, just 3171 kms covered yet. [confused]

Regards,
Bhushan

2nd Service Update-

Got my Tigor serviced on 24/12/2018 after completing 6 months with it. Usual tasks done like air filter, ac filter cleaning, oil level checks and cleaning. Did not have any specific issue to complain. There was just some loud noise in reverse gear but it is common according to SA. Rest it was all smooth. Got wheel alignment done for Rs. 602/- as per his suggestion. That was the final bill amount. The SA wanted to add 600 more for wax polishing but I declined. I wonder if the wheel alignment was also needed so early, just 3171 kms covered yet. [confused]

Regards,
Bhushan
Rs 602 only for Wheel Alignment seems a bit too expensive and unless there is any complains or steering pull, wheel alignment was not a absolute necessity at 3171 kms. I follow 5K kms duration for wheel alignment and 10K for Rotation and Balancing. Recently got wheel alignment done at Rs 250 at a wheel alignment shop

Akash1886

Honoured Member
2nd Service Update-

Got my Tigor serviced on 24/12/2018 after completing 6 months with it. Usual tasks done like air filter, ac filter cleaning, oil level checks and cleaning. Did not have any specific issue to complain. There was just some loud noise in reverse gear but it is common according to SA. Rest it was all smooth. Got wheel alignment done for Rs. 602/- as per his suggestion. That was the final bill amount. The SA wanted to add 600 more for wax polishing but I declined. I wonder if the wheel alignment was also needed so early, just 3171 kms covered yet.
Bushan babu, the Wheel Alignment is FOC even in 3rd Free Service and secondly unless you feel the need of it do not ever follow the suggestions of the SA. I was told for getting the Wheel Alignment done in 3rd service but I simply refused it as I did not feel my car required it. Attaching below is the bill for 3rd free service. You may also see the bill states "Refused by Customer" & "FOC" in Wheel Alignment column. However, they wrongly mentioned "2nd Free Service" where as mine was 3rd one at 11.8K kms / 1 year. So, kindly ask your SA why he did charge you.

225130-9e205477a4dd44e3958a063ada01b34d.jpg
Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #105
Rs 602 only for Wheel Alignment seems a bit too expensive and unless there is any complains or steering pull, wheel alignment was not a absolute necessity at 3171 kms. I follow 5K kms duration for wheel alignment and 10K for Rotation and Balancing. Recently got wheel alignment done at Rs 250 at a wheel alignment shop
well, there was no complain from my side. The SA took a small test ride and recommended wheel alignment. And since I just had returned from a long journey, I did not declined. Thanks for the tip. I'll also follow the 5k schedule now. May be I'll check with my regular Tyre shop from now on. [roll]

Bushan babu, the Wheel Alignment is FOC even in 3rd Free Service and secondly unless you feel the need of it do not ever follow the suggestions of the SA. I was told for getting the Wheel Alignment done in 3rd service but I simply refused it as I did not feel my car required it. Attaching below is the bill for 3rd free service. You may also see the bill states "Refused by Customer" & "FOC" in Wheel Alignment column. However, they wrongly mentioned "2nd Free Service" where as mine was 3rd one at 11.8K kms / 1 year. So, kindly ask your SA why he did charge you.
Regards
Akash
Akashji, is it mentioned somewhere that Wheel alignment is FOC in 2nd/3rd free service? or it depends on the SC? As I said above, I just had returned from a long trip, so thought to continue with the SA advice, although I did not face issues. I'll check the the SC again on this. I have the caster, camber figures doc from them. Will share here soon. I have P2P and wheel alignment is not covered in it. It's covered with Gold AMC. Thanks for your advice. Will be careful with it next time.

Regards,
Bhushan

Top Bottom