Tata Tigor XZA (P): My New Grey Beauty

Thread Starter #16
Many Congratulations on your new car and a very good choice indeed!
It's raining Tata ownership in TAI. Wishing you many happy miles with smiles with your new car!

Cheers!
Thanks a lot! [:)]
Yep, it's nice to see lots of Tigaos, Tigors and Nexons in TAI and overall. A real turnaround for TML. Hope they continue it with their upcoming portfolio.

Yes Bhushan, my booking details are in the new car directory, yes it's an XMA. It's raining Nexon's on TAI.
Cool! Where's that?

Cost cutting, it's a way of life for the munim in the marketing team. I read that single tone instead of two tone wheel covers are now put in XM,XT variant. Agggah.

Regards
Vinod
Ah ok. What about XMA? does it get alloy wheels?

Regards,
Bhushan

It might be early to say this as my running is still under 300kms, but I've started liking M mode more. I feel, it overcomes the initial slow pick-up issue when you can control up-shifts, after reaching the required speed/RPMs. It also solves the sometimes erroneous behavior of AMT, where the gear doesn't up-shift, when you expect it to happen. I myself have experienced this. The up-shift did not happen even when the RPMs had touched 3k with required speed. [;)]

Will share my experience on this later when more kms are covered. Thanks to Anshuman for sharing this info in his review.

Seat covers. Got those installed from the showroom itself. Leather + fabric in the middle. With overall 5k deduction for accessories, I got these for around 4-4.5k

Regards,
Bhushan
Hi Bhushan,
Good you started liking the M mode. It gives more power than the City mode for sure. Since you can upshift at your will you can push the engine RPM to your desired level before you change to higher gear, a good need for overtaking.
The seat covers look good. What was the actual MRP for same ?
Cheers,
Anshuman

Hi
Congrats on your car purchase.

Can you let me know how is the engine noise of the car inside the cabin? I had a test drive of Tata nexon XZA and was disappointment with engine noise in the cabin. I am not sure if Nexon test drive vehicle was one off or whether all XZA Petrol cars of Tata suffer from this

Last edited:
^^ 3 cylinder engines do have more noise compared to 4 cylinder ones. Since these new petrol engines are 3 cylinders noise is indeed more. However Tata has done good insulation. With glasses rolled up AC on the noise is minimal.

^^ 3 cylinder engines do have more noise compared to 4 cylinder ones. Since these new petrol engines are 3 cylinders noise is indeed more. However Tata has done good insulation. With glasses rolled up AC on the noise is minimal.

Don't deny that , but my experience with Ford Ecosport AT test drive proved that 3 cylinder engines(esp dragon petrol engine) are improving on the NVH terms (however I was not comfortable with the visibility levels in ford the and rear seat space)
So I had back to back Jazz,Ford Ecosport and Nexon test drives in the same day and may be that has left an impression on me on the Nexon refinement. May be its relative, i am following the Nexon petrol threads closely here

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
Hi
Congrats on your car purchase.

Can you let me know how is the engine noise of the car inside the cabin? I had a test drive of Tata nexon XZA and was disappointment with engine noise in the cabin. I am not sure if Nexon test drive vehicle was one off or whether all XZA Petrol cars of Tata suffer from this
Yep, it is pretty much controlled. And with the excellent sound quality of Harman system, you don't need to worry. Of course, I'm yet to take it on highways. So, will comment on that part later, once done.

Don't deny that , but my experience with Ford Ecosport AT test drive proved that 3 cylinder engines(esp dragon petrol engine) are improving on the NVH terms (however I was not comfortable with the visibility levels in ford the and rear seat space)
So I had back to back Jazz,Ford Ecosport and Nexon test drives in the same day and may be that has left an impression on me on the Nexon refinement. May be its relative, i am following the Nexon petrol threads closely here
Yeah, I agree on the Ford part. Even I had TDed the Freestyle (P) and found that the NVH levels were pretty controlled. But it's not bad either in Tigor. [:)]

Hi Bhushan,
Good you started liking the M mode. It gives more power than the City mode for sure. Since you can upshift at your will you can push the engine RPM to your desired level before you change to higher gear, a good need for overtaking.
The seat covers look good. What was the actual MRP for same ?
Cheers,
Anshuman
Thanks Anshuman. One question to you on this is, how is the FE affected with M mode? any adverse effects or it is beneficial?

As per the dealer's list, the seat covers were for 7500. From outside, it could have been around 4-5k, so almost similar to what I got with the discount. [:)]

Regards,
Bhushan

Thanks Anshuman. One question to you on this is, how is the FE affected with M mode? any adverse effects or it is beneficial?

As per the dealer's list, the seat covers were for 7500. From outside, it could have been around 4-5k, so almost similar to what I got with the discount. [:)]

Regards,
Bhushan
FE would increase marginally at least 0.5-1 kmpl , but the driving pleasure is more. i.e. Manually driving an automatic car. Truly AMT.

OK here also the MRP was similar but dealer did not provide me any discount on accessories , so got it from outside (refer my thread).

Nairrk

Honoured Member
FE would increase marginally at least 0.5-1 kmpl , but the driving pleasure is more. i.e. Manually driving an automatic car. Truly AMT.
Just a clarification,

I believe, in manual mode, we have to upshift for every gear change like 1,2,3,4 (same as we do with manual car's gear shift). However to downshift whether we have to shift to lower gears manually or will it come automatically to lower gears according to the speed?

Yes Bhushan, my booking details are in the new car directory, yes it's an XMA. It's raining Nexon's on TAI.

Cost cutting, it's a way of life for the munim in the marketing team. I read that single tone instead of two tone wheel covers are now put in XM,XT variant. Agggah.

Regards
Vinod
OT... Sorry bhushan to spam your thread. Vinodji please start your new thread on Nexon purchase now. Want to see nano and nexon in the same garage !!!!

Thread Starter #27
Nice to know that as I'm also inclining towards using M Mode often. I used auto mode while going to office yesterday, and the fe was improving, however when I tried M Mode while coming back, I did not see any increase. Traffic density was pretty similar. I think I need to give more time to it, the running is mere 300+. ☺️

But surely the driving pleasure is more with M Mode. Even if there's marginal drop in fe with it, it is more enjoyable IMO. :)

Regards,
Bhushan

Thread Starter #28
Yesterday, I tried the sports mode and man, it felt like I'm in a different vehicle altogether. [:)]
I was, rather I'm still hesitant to use the sports mode in run-in period. So it was for a brief period only, but got the glimpse of the actual performance in sports mode. Really fantastic. The initial lack of power, lag while change in gears was completely gone. The response was very quick and engine performance was very much improved. Unlike the default city mode, the gears are held for longer period and higher RPMs are maintained while changing. Of course, it will reduce the FE to some extent, but this mode is really helpful for overtaking purpose and driving at hilly/ghat sections. Of course, in b-b traffic, one has to be careful while using this mode, due to the overall acceleration and response. The same applies while reversing too and stop/go situations on inclines.

Will surely be using this mode more often once the running is > 1/1.5k kms. [;)]

Regards,
Bhushan

Last edited:
Thread Starter #29
I've a query here regarding 1st service date.

My purchase date was 9th July. However tmsc app shows last servicing done on 28th May and the next service date is 25th august. So what should be the correct date? 9th September i.e. 2 months from purchase date as per the manual or 25th August as per tmsc? Do I need to check with the sc?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I've a query here regarding 1st service date.

My purchase date was 9th July. However tmsc app shows last servicing done on 28th May and the next service date is 25th august. So what should be the correct date? 9th September i.e. 2 months from purchase date as per the manual or 25th August as per tmsc? Do I need to check with the sc?
Firstly, how is it possible that a car was serviced even before it was purchased? I hope that there is some mis-information in the app but get the clarification from dealer. Also, stick with the timeline as per your purchase date buddy.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom