Tata Tigor XZ Ownership Review

Akash1886

Honoured Member
No, don't remember the last time I used Eco Mode.
Buddy, based on your feedback, I did check the pick up of my car in City Mode at a traffic signal. From complete stop to pick up, I actually had no problem. I tested it 3-4 times to & fro. Acceleration from complete stop to move isn't an issue in my car though. Will re-check it as well.

Regards

Akash

Hello,I scraped my tigor in an apartment parking lot.
My first scrape ,I was extremely tired after 200Km journey and 2 hours extreme bumper to bumper traffic.
How can i fix it,I'm a complete noob at this.
What's the best possible way to get a factory finish ,a reasonable price would be good too.
What option do I have ?:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #33
Sir I would suggest you to please visit local denting and painting shops as ASS is going to charge at least 6 to 7 K and local shop can fix this in 2500 INR.

Hello,I scraped my tigor in an apartment parking lot.
My first scrape ,I was extremely tired after 200Km journey and 2 hours extreme bumper to bumper traffic.
How can i fix it,I'm a complete noob at this.
What's the best possible way to get a factory finish ,a reasonable price would be good too.
What option do I have ?
Try to first brush with toothpaste preferably colgate. and see how much is visible, if you can live with the same its ok or else as suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir I would suggest you to please visit local denting and painting shops as ASS is going to charge at least 6 to 7 K and local shop can fix this in 2500 INR.
I'm kinda obsessed with scratches there is kinda small dent at that place too.
I'm going to try claim my zero dep insurance.I'd be losing no claim bonus.
I'm kind of tensed now.
I want it the finish to be as close to factory as possible
Try to first brush with toothpaste preferably colgate. and see how much is visible, if you can live with the same its ok or else as suggested.
Thanks will do that tomorrow morning in day light.
And please dont call me I'm barely 19.It's me who should be using that sir.

I was in Hyderabad when that happened.
Back to my home city.
2nd service scheduled on 3rd Jan will get a quote and decide on it.
I cleaned it with Colgate and the scratches are very deep at places > 1mm .
There aren't any reputed aftermarket solution in Warangal where I live.
So either I need to go to tasc or get it done on my next visit to Hyderabad.
And there's a dent on that too.
I didn't expect scraping a pillar would be this bad :(
And some one has scratched all over my bonnet.They are not readily visible but taking a close look reveals them.
They are very faint.
Any suggestions on them too.
Red's are hard to Color match so should I bite the bill at tasc
Would asc Color match it perfectly.
Btw a A happy 2018 for you and your family!

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Red's are hard to Color match so should I bite the bill at tasc
Would asc Color match it perfectly.
Buddy, the ASC might do a good job than a aftermarket option but even they won't be able to match it to 99 or 100% factory finish. You'll pay higher cost of repair at ASC than a aftermarket option (either by pocket or by insurance) so still suggest you to think it over and then look for a viable option in the aftermarket only. Going in for the ASC would be a bit of loss to you since your car's history will be updated with the repaint job, you'll loose out on the insurance NCB too.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Buddy, the ASC might do a good job than a aftermarket option but even they won't be able to match it to 99 or 100% factory finish. You'll pay higher cost of repair at ASC than a aftermarket option (either by pocket or by insurance) so still suggest you to think it over and then look for a viable option in the aftermarket only. Going in for the ASC would be a bit of loss to you since your car's history will be updated with the repaint job, you'll loose out on the insurance NCB too.

Regards

Akash
Thanks for the inputs.
What are things I need to look out for you make sure after market guys do a good job or how to select a good one in the first place

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Thanks for the inputs.
What are things I need to look out for you make sure after market guys do a good job or how to select a good one in the first place
Buddy, 1st thing is to ensure they have a proper enclosed area to do the painting. Then make sure they do proper sanding followed by proper filler application and adequate time of minimum 2 hours for it to dry. Before spray of paint make sure to check the shade by applying a small dot of it on the body panel and then proceed for atleast 3-4 coats of the paint. Lastly, make sure they do not over-spray the clear coat. After this process, let the paint dry out and minimum after a week get the polishing done. Do ensure you don't leave the car at the painter and get this job done in daytime with proper sunlight.

Regards

Akash

And some one has scratched all over my bonnet.They are not readily visible but taking a close look reveals them.
Could be swirl marks also which could be caused because of our cleaning style. Do share a picture of it here if possible. If its going to be just the swirl marks, a polish would help to bring it back to the old look.

Thread Starter #41
2nd Free service done after 7380 Kms on 9/1/17.
Appointment was booked online through TMSC app, the SC followed up quite diligently with me to update on the schedule.

Checks were carried out as per the Manual.
1) General check up for oil levels and engine oil check was done.
2) Air and AC filter were cleaned.
3) Wheel balancing and alignment was done. They charged for Balancing( for lead attachments). 50 INR.
4) Wiper water pump was changed as it was not giving desired result, spray of water instead it was just dropping water on the lower part of the wind shield. Replaced without any charges as under warranty and gold AMC. Attached video is of the location of the pump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Niif0IybHfU
5) Laptop was connected for cleaning of all the sensory data which included cleaning of engine management system post which the spanner symbol indicating service due on MID was gone. The next symbol will come post 15 K kms as a reminder for 3rd service.
6) Washing and cleaning was done.
7) Only thing that didn't went down well with me was it took five hours for doing this regular job.

I went for buying center Arm rest for my car and works fine. Actual price as it is TATA genuine accessories is 5293 INR, I was able to bargain and bring down the price to 3998 INR [glasses]. It took 10 mins for the SC guys to fix. No vibrations and quite nifty, only loss is the center water bottle space is now covered due mounting of the arm rest. initially one might not find it comfortable for engaging the hand break, however one can live with it.Video attached
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX85C4eF4UU
Ps - Spoke to the GM of SC, he was telling me about the upcoming SUV by TATA. He said that the engines are going to be from Fiat and platform of Range rover is going to be used. It would be interesting to see how it changes the dynamics of TATA brand in personal vehicle segment.

Completed 3000km, 1st servicing is done. Few things I have noticed till now are:
1. when I am on highway there is a lot of cabin noise and also wind noise inside the cabin with windows up
2. When I am driving through bad patches there is a rattling sound from dash board, steering and Orvm (outside rear view mirrors), as if everything is not put together tightly.

Is it normal with Tigor? Servicing is done at TASS Phoenix Automobiles, Katraj.

Thread Starter #44
Completed 3000km, 1st servicing is done. Few things I have noticed till now are:
1. when I am on highway there is a lot of cabin noise and also wind noise inside the cabin with windows up.
2. When I am driving through bad patches there is a rattling sound from dash board, steering and Orvm (outside rear view mirrors), as if everything is not put together tightly.
Is it normal with Tigor? Servicing is done at TASS Phoenix Automobiles,
Katraj.
1 Yes at high speed I have observed the same, however did not find it to be that irritating.[:)]
2 Observed rattling sound from dash board only, ORVM and steering, nothing observed.[:)]
3 Register this as complaint, they might fix the dashboard and steering issue atleast as I dont see if anything can be worked with the ORVM.[:)]

Last edited:
1 Yes at high speed I have observed the same, however did not find it to be that irritating.[:)]
2 Observed rattling sound from dash board only, ORVM and steering, nothing observed.[:)]
3 Register this as complaint, they might fix the dashboard and steering issue atleast as I dont see if anything can be worked with the ORVM.[:)]
Hey Nimu thanks for the information. It means the dashboard rattling sound seems to be common in Tigor. And for the steering it might be vibrations only which I will get checked from TASC.

Top Bottom