Tata Tigor XZ Ownership Review

Thread Starter #16
@Nimu - Just a suggestion -- Don't drive at such high speeds during initial run in period. It may damage the engine. By the way how did the Tigor behaved above 100. Did it reached 100 easily or it struggled.
The car above 100 was stable, braking seemed a bit lagging as compared to low speeds may be due to car being fully loaded with 4 full size adults. it did not struggle at all reaching 100 with 4 adults and 2 kids onboard. It was very comfortable ride. well design vehicle look and performance wise.

Many Congratulations on your new ride. The Expresso Brown colour looks cool.. Wishing you many happy miles ahead with your new companion. Just a small suggestion. Don't push your car much during the run in period. it may be harmful to the engine in the long run.

Thread Starter #19
2 months over and ODO completed 4300 kms which included one road trip of 2212 kms. The car is getting better by each kilometer and the best part is post completing 3 K kms, the vehicle is giving an average of 21 on highways and 18 in city. No problem whatsoever so far. Good to see TATA has actually looked into the quality bit.

The car is real value for money keeping in mind other brands with the same features are at least 75 K to 1 Lakhs more than Tigor.

Car is very stable, low vibration at high speeds of 120-140 kmph. though the cabin noise due to raod and tyre is a bit on the higher side but one can live with it due to the Harman music System. It is not suggested to go for such speeds keeping in mind the safety angle and unexpected Indian road.

I happen to be part of the Bhilai (CG) Tigor owners club India meet. It was very good to discuss different aspects of the car followed by lunch sponsored by TATA Dealer in Bhilai. Few pictures from the meet and also few pictures from the meet at Pune by the TOCI group, unfortunately I was not part of it.
Let pictures do the talking.

The Bhilai Tigor Owner meet.

IMG-20171112-WA0033.jpeg

IMG-20171112-WA0055.jpg

IMG-20171112-WA0062.jpg

IMG-20171112-WA0065.jpg

IMG-20171112-WA0054.jpg

The Pune Tigor owner meet.

IMG-20171119-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20171119-WA0032.jpg

IMG-20171119-WA0031.jpg

IMG-20171119-WA0035.jpg

IMG-20171119-WA0036.jpg

IMG-20171119-WA0041.jpg

IMG-20171119-WA0057.jpg

IMG-20171119-WA0051.jpg

IMG-20171119-WA0042.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much Sakthivel sir,Fingers crossed in that case. As of now the car seems to be in good standing, however on my drive last sunday, I did 140 kmph for around 4-5 kms and felt some burning smell in the cabin, stopped the car checked the engine bay and drove for another 5 kms at 60 kmph, post which again took it to 140 kmph for 2-3 kms, no smell during the second run about. was kinda scared.

Thank you sir[clap]
@Nimu - I bought Tata Tigor xz o on Saturday, 25th Nov 2017. I also felt burning smell from engine when I hit 80 kmph. And today when I speed-up to climb the ramp at my office again i felt burning smell after i parked. Also, i feel my car engine is on a higher side, like old diesel model. I will do engine check up at service center, but Why is it happening to new car? It is really scary as its just 3rd day of my new car.

Thread Starter #21
@Nimu - I bought Tata Tigor xz o on Saturday, 25th Nov 2017. I also felt burning smell from engine when I hit 80 kmph. And today when I speed-up to climb the ramp at my office again i felt burning smell after i parked. Also, i feel my car engine is on a higher side, like old diesel model. I will do engine check up at service center, but Why is it happening to new car? It is really scary as its just 3rd day of my new car.
@KalyaniJ Congratulations first of all, The smell will be there initially, it will eventually go off and as per my interactions with other owners, they had the same observations and it went off now it is going good without any smell even if they go beyond 120 kmph. Untill completion of 5 K the engine will feel like on higher side. smoothness will come eventually.

Last edited:
@KalyaniJ Congratulations first of all, The smell will be there initially, it will eventually go off and as per my interactions with other owners, they had the same observations and it went off now it is going good without any smell even if they go beyond 120 kmph. Untill completion of 5 K the engine will feel like on higher side. smoothness will come eventually.
@Nimu, Thanks, that's a big relief to know (phew) :)

Thread Starter #23
@Nimu, Thanks, that's a big relief to know (phew) :)
burning issue resolved - as per the mechanic at SS ," on braking from high speed or clutched or brake, the clutch plate's extra part burns to settle down . this will settle with time. so no issues on burning smell.[clap]

Thread Starter #24
Completed 5200 Kms today morning, engine sound is reducing and I am able to see the smoothness coming in with increase in mileage by 1.5 to 2 Kms (again depending on driving manners). Drawback of car not being pick up friendly is very much prominent otherwise, its gem of a car.
few points post completion of 5k KMS.
(a) Hassle free ride absolutely without any problem.
(b) Burning smell issues observed earlier is talk of past.
(c) Tyres filled with nitrogen 30days back is still intact with no pressure drop (Checked today 17/12/17).
(d) Under body cover of some sort in the engine bay could have been of some help as every time I open the bonnet I am able to see soil accumulation on various parts.
(e) One can easily get 20 Kmpl in cities if the urge of moving fast is controlled.
(f) No regrets of going for 2nd time TATA as it provides whatever I need with family of 4 with two growing up children.
(g) completed 2212 kms roadtrip without any kind of stress or fatigue.

Congratulations to your new ride. Tigor is surely the best looking compact sedan of the lot. Hope you don't attract too much attention where ever you go sir ji ;)

Thread Starter #26
Congratulations to your new ride. Tigor is surely the best looking compact sedan of the lot. Hope you don't attract too much attention where ever you go sir ji ;)
Thank you so much, earlier many of my office people enquired about the various things about the car, people were surprised to see I again went for TATAs. they are yet to taste TATA.[evil]

Thank you so much, earlier many of my office people enquired about the various things about the car, people were surprised to see I again went for TATAs. they are yet to taste TATA.[evil]
I have two queries

1) How do you find TASS in your parts ? To me the only deal breaker in a tata car is TASS
2) Any small niggles in Tigor so far? like the mud in engine bay in zest , etc.. ?

Thread Starter #28
I have two queries

1) How do you find TASS in your parts ? To me the only deal breaker in a tata car is TASS
Tata authorised service station - there are two in my city and they both have their showroom as well for TATA vehicles, one advantage is if one has bought the vehicle from Siva shankar motors they reach out to SS motors TASS and the simple reason of buying from the same dealer makes things simpler for the customer during servicing. My personal opinion is to have good rapport with the mechanics to get your work done. it always works for me 100%.

2) Any small niggles in Tigor so far? like the mud in engine bay in zest , etc.. ?
Absolutely no niggles whatsoever. so far so good. I observe sand /soil accumulation on top of various parts in the engine bay. Regular cleaning to keep it shining is definitely needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Completed 5200 Kms today morning, engine sound is reducing and I am able to see the smoothness coming in with increase in mileage by 1.5 to 2 Kms (again depending on driving manners).
My car too is closing in around 4500 kms and so far it has been serving very well. No complaints either.

Drawback of car not being pick up friendly is very much prominent otherwise, its gem of a car.
Are you using Eco Mode quite often?

few points post completion of 5k KMS.
(a) Hassle free ride absolutely without any problem.
(c) Tyres filled with nitrogen 30days back is still intact with no pressure drop (Checked today 17/12/17).
(d) Under body cover of some sort in the engine bay could have been of some help as every time I open the bonnet I am able to see soil accumulation on various parts.
(e) One can easily get 20 Kmpl in cities if the urge of moving fast is controlled.
Though my car hasn't reached 5K mark, but above quoted points do hold very much true for me as well. On FE front I am happy with 15 km/L. I expected about 12-13 km/L but this one gave 15 km/L. Much better than my expectations[clap]

As on date, 0 Rattles, 0 Niggles, 100% Satisfaction, 100% Peaceful drive. My car's 2nd free service is due in mid-January 2018.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom