Tata Tigor XZ Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hi All, Creating this new thread of Tata Tigor XZ variant Ownership review, details will be provided as and when updates and observations comes up during the ownership.

Presently I have NANO CX 2012 model, clocked 65000. NANO is a good car and never gave any trouble in last six years. I have driven Nano from Visakhapatnam to Mumbai and back, other destinations ware Puri, Bhubneshwar, Raipur, Araku, Guntur, Vijaywada, Hyderabad, Palasa, Srikakulam, so overall it has served its purpose without any fuss or breakdown.

The search for replacement of Nano began in Feb 2017 when this GST bill was about to pass which speculated that the price might go up or come down. Looking at the positive side of the price coming down [:D], I checked out Ertiga, Breeza, Baleno, Aspire. Price somewhere was a big issue in deciding the car.
My requirement was simple, it should be road worthy as I prefer travelling to long distances by road only. So this is how it all started, I was desperately looking for an upgrade, there were quite a few in that segment like Aspire Dzire, Baleno. I do a lot of road trips, i.e. second home. So after a lot of test drive and various ownership reviews on net and TAI, I checked out TATA Tigor seriously, after a lot of dilemma decided to make Tigor our next family member. I am a petrol head and love driving petrol car only period, so no point looking for Diesel.
My daily run is 32 Kms plus few extra kms during weekends and using diesel car for the same does not make any sense. The features in Tigor at such price was one more deciding factor.

Come July when I went for my NANO servicing, a blue color beautiful Sedan was displayed in service center. I checked it looked around and it got my attention. It was Tigor, After going through a lot of reading on internet and finding the facts, discussion with wife we zeroed on making this car as our new family member.

So one 08 Sep , booked my Tigor by paying 10000 INR and to my surprise the dealer said the delivery can be done the following week. excitement was at its high and on 9th I was able to visit the stockyard for PDI. One look at the Espresso brown and I knew it was going to be my new family member.

On road price as per dealer is 713031 INR, I got 60000 INR for NANO in exchange and was able to successfully negotiate 5 K from the insurance, 2000 as corporate discount, also negotiated for seat cover and dealer agreed for a discount of 50 % bringing down the price to 3500 INR. so On road it is going to cost me 643031 INR. Mr Prabhakar from Siva Shankar Motors Visakahapatnam also promised few additional goodies like mud flaps, extra pair of Mats and perfume for the car, Also they are giving an offer of 1 Gm gold coin or cash discount which gave me another 3 K minus from the total amount.

Now the wait begun for 21 Sep when the car will be delivered.

After one day of Ownership.[:D]
1) Smooth delivery process.
2) The sound of engine when it was started by me is mesmerizing.
3) already completed 101 Kms.
4) Showing 10.2 KMPL, hope this changes soon.
5) Tank filled till brim with 35.2 Liter of petrol.
6) Found a bit lag in power in ECO mode.
7)Don't now but it seems I am feeling little pain in my right arm, while driving, so had to switch to left arm diving.
8) Steering is light and very responsive.
9) Reverse parking with sensors seemed to be a challenge, hope I will be used to in few days.
10) Second gear with 2000 RPM cleanly shows loss in power.
11) Following the gear shifting as it indicates in MID.
12) ORVM having amazing view, top notch. IRVM at night is a blessing.
13) A real head turner.
14) Height adjustment of the seat is good.
15) Felt 5 gears not adequate for this car, felt the lack of 6th gear on highway.
16) A sure shot head turner, I thoroughly enjoyed the way people looked at my car.:biggrin:

Few Pictures from the delivery ceremony.

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4190.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

Re: TATA Tigor XZ Ownership review.

That's a lot of discounts there, [clap]. BTW which engine and variant did you chose? Would love to see pictures of your PDI as well.

Thread Starter #6
Observations after a weeks ownership.
1) Driving comfort at par with any other car from this segment.
2)Maximum speed touched was 140 Km, did not feel any vibration, no issues faced apart from a bit of delay in car coming to halt post braking.
3) Gear knob felt a bit shaky after 100 KMph.
4) Engine noise can be heard in the cabin.
5) AC is too good, bone chilling.[:)]
5) Fuel efficient showing as 13.2 as I write this.
6) Shockers are the best things in the car, not at all bumpy under any circumstances, takes on pot holes without a fuss.
7) Did a bit of off roading and found the car too be ok for off roading as well.
8) Felt a bit of power lag in 4th gear.
9) Rear seat riding feels good, very comfortable ride.
10) Boot space is a boon takes on your weekend grocery shopping with ease.

Last edited:
Congrats on your new car.

Tigor is a great choice for a car. Looks are like that of BMW or Audi (yeah I am exaggerating ) but its definitely European looking beauty and looks are that of atleast a segment above.

The brown and copper dazzel colours looks thebest on Tigor.

Hi All, Creating this new thread of Tata Tigor XZ variant Ownership review, details will be provided as and when updates and observations comes up during the ownership.

Presently I have NANO CX 2012 model, clocked 65000. NANO is a good car and never gave any trouble in last six years. I have driven Nano from Visakhapatnam to Mumbai and back, other destinations ware Puri, Bhubneshwar, Raipur, Araku, Guntur, Vijaywada, Hyderabad, Palasa, Srikakulam, so overall it has served its purpose without any fuss or breakdown.

The search for replacement of Nano began in Feb 2017 when this GST bill was about to pass which speculated that the price might go up or come down. Looking at the positive side of the price coming down [:D], I checked out Ertiga, Breeza, Baleno, Aspire. Price somewhere was a big issue in deciding the car.
My requirement was simple, it should be road worthy as I prefer travelling to long distances by road only. So this is how it all started, I was desperately looking for an upgrade, there were quite a few in that segment like Aspire Dzire, Baleno. I do a lot of road trips, i.e. second home. So after a lot of test drive and various ownership reviews on net and TAI, I checked out TATA Tigor seriously, after a lot of dilemma decided to make Tigor our next family member. I am a petrol head and love driving petrol car only period, so no point looking for Diesel.
My daily run is 32 Kms plus few extra kms during weekends and using diesel car for the same does not make any sense. The features in Tigor at such price was one more deciding factor.

Come July when I went for my NANO servicing, a blue color beautiful Sedan was displayed in service center. I checked it looked around and it got my attention. It was Tigor, After going through a lot of reading on internet and finding the facts, discussion with wife we zeroed on making this car as our new family member.

So one 08 Sep , booked my Tigor by paying 10000 INR and to my surprise the dealer said the delivery can be done the following week. excitement was at its high and on 9th I was able to visit the stockyard for PDI. One look at the Espresso brown and I knew it was going to be my new family member.

On road price as per dealer is 713031 INR, I got 60000 INR for NANO in exchange and was able to successfully negotiate 5 K from the insurance, 2000 as corporate discount, also negotiated for seat cover and dealer agreed for a discount of 50 % bringing down the price to 3500 INR. so On road it is going to cost me 643031 INR. Mr Prabhakar from Siva Shankar Motors Visakahapatnam also promised few additional goodies like mud flaps, extra pair of Mats and perfume for the car, Also they are giving an offer of 1 Gm gold coin or cash discount which gave me another 3 K minus from the total amount.

Now the wait begun for 21 Sep when the car will be delivered.

After one day of Ownership.[:D]
1) Smooth delivery process.
2) The sound of engine when it was started by me is mesmerizing.
3) already completed 101 Kms.
4) Showing 10.2 KMPL, hope this changes soon.
5) Tank filled till brim with 35.2 Liter of petrol.
6) Found a bit lag in power in ECO mode.
7)Don't now but it seems I am feeling little pain in my right arm, while driving, so had to switch to left arm diving.
8) Steering is light and very responsive.
9) Reverse parking with sensors seemed to be a challenge, hope I will be used to in few days.
10) Second gear with 2000 RPM cleanly shows loss in power.
11) Following the gear shifting as it indicates in MID.
12) ORVM having amazing view, top notch. IRVM at night is a blessing.
13) A real head turner.
14) Height adjustment of the seat is good.
15) Felt 5 gears not adequate for this car, felt the lack of 6th gear on highway.
16) A sure shot head turner, I thoroughly enjoyed the way people looked at my car.:biggrin:

Few Pictures from the delivery ceremony.

View attachment 232670

View attachment 232671

View attachment 232672

View attachment 232673

View attachment 232674
Congrats on your new car. And the way things are going there will be many more Tata owners in the near future on this forum

Thread Starter #9
Congrats on your new car. And the way things are going there will be many more Tata owners in the near future on this forum

The way Tigor sales figure are , Sure there will be many buyers. The government contract of 1100 Crores will be another factor for boosting the sales and may be price as well.

Attachments

The way Tigor sales figure are , Sure there will be many buyers. The government contract of 1100 Crores will be another factor for boosting the sales and may be price as well.
I was indicating more towards the Tata Nexon which seems to be a sure fire winner...

Congratulations on your new ride. Happy Motoring [clap].
3) Gear knob felt a bit shaky after 100 KMph..
This is bound to happen because it is the same gearbox from Indica, may be with some improvements . Over a period of time the gear knob might tend move forward n come back to its position every time you accelerate, it was a common trait with Indica. Hope they have rectified it.

Thread Starter #14
Congratulations on your new ride. Happy Motoring [clap].

This is bound to happen because it is the same gearbox from Indica, may be with some improvements . Over a period of time the gear knob might tend move forward n come back to its position every time you accelerate, it was a common trait with Indica. Hope they have rectified it.
Thank you so much Sakthivel sir,Fingers crossed in that case. As of now the car seems to be in good standing, however on my drive last sunday, I did 140 kmph for around 4-5 kms and felt some burning smell in the cabin, stopped the car checked the engine bay and drove for another 5 kms at 60 kmph, post which again took it to 140 kmph for 2-3 kms, no smell during the second run about. was kinda scared.

Congrats Nimu for your Tigor. Have many happy miles ahead. Tigor is really a good buy. Post more pics.
Thank you sir[clap]

Thank you so much Sakthivel sir,Fingers crossed in that case. As of now the car seems to be in good standing, however on my drive last sunday, I did 140 kmph for around 4-5 kms and felt some burning smell in the cabin, stopped the car checked the engine bay and drove for another 5 kms at 60 kmph, post which again took it to 140 kmph for 2-3 kms, no smell during the second run about. was kinda scared.
@Nimu - Just a suggestion -- Don't drive at such high speeds during initial run in period. It may damage the engine. By the way how did the Tigor behaved above 100. Did it reached 100 easily or it struggled.

Last edited:

Top Bottom