Tata Tigor: Technical Issues & Solutions

Yes, the sound seems irritating.!

Windows noise - Probably the power window regulator mechanism may have broken and the cable has come un-tensioned and is now loose to cause trouble. In many cases, when the window regulator breaks, the window will simply slide into the door. Suggest check with your service guys.

Dashboard noise - again check the dashboard, there may be something loose in the dashboard (loose A/C vents or cables etc.)

When is your next service due. You can tell your service guy to check all these problems (or may be you can take him and go for a round and notify him what all sounds you are getting inside your car and ask him to attend. When you are taking back the car after service check again with him that all noise are gone)...
thank you for your suggestions. will visit service centre soon.

It's been 9 moths we purchased our car.
Rattling noise, and seats noise is there only in case of bad roads. On good roads , it is only window noise that too when windows are closed fully.

Attached are sound files
also windshield rubber beading coming off ...it has happen second time

Attachments

@ jayashree11
All the issues you have mentioned can be rectified at service center, you make a strong complaint also call the Toll Free No .
TaMo is striving to achieve the service quality so they would be glad to fix these issues. Since your car is under warranty these should be done FOC.

@ jayashree11
All the issues you have mentioned can be rectified at service center, you make a strong complaint also call the Toll Free No .
TaMo is striving to achieve the service quality so they would be glad to fix these issues. Since your car is under warranty these should be done FOC.
Thanks for your inputs. Already raised a complaint.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
There could be few reasons behind burning smell from car which can be identified only after thorough check up at the service center.
It can be a clutch problem, drive belt melting problem or,minor oil leaking etc. So, suggest inform your dealer and ask for their guidance further.

Hello all here,
Good afternoon. I am a new entry. Last week, purchased Tata Tigor XZA variant, Egyptian Blue color. (Location - Mumbai)
Good to hear and know that there are so many who are part of Tata Tigor Family. My experience has been average so far in terms of driving and delivery of vehicle from the dealership.
I have a lot of dashboard noise and the suspensions do make a lot of sound on rough roads. I have taken this up with the Dealership folks and the service center and they mentioned to get it rectified during the first service.
I wanted to ask you all here, the upper side of the boot from the inside, Is there something which looks like white color filling on the root of the boot? when asked the service center folks, they mentioned its the gap filling after the welding is done so that the water does not seep in. That white filling looks so haphazardly done as if like some repair work after a crash done by some lazy workshop guy.
Do you also notice something like this?

I will post the pictures soon about my Car and the Boot roof white filling.

Attachments

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I think, you are talking about the inner side of the boot lid.!

From the screen shot, it doesn't look normal, instead it seems some damages in that area which they covered with some putty or paint.

See here the inner side of my car boot lid:

226837-51f77b644074653895f121bf64c25dd0.jpg

Infact, the previous models comes with an insulation which is now become an accessory.

I think, you are talking about the inner side of the boot lid.!

From the screen shot, it doesn't look normal, instead it seems some damages in that area which they covered with some putty or paint.

See here the inner side of my car boot lid:

View attachment 256512

Infact, the previous models comes with an insulation which is now become an accessory.
that white color thing is not on the boot lid. its inside the roof of the boot. when you put your head inside where you keep the luggage, just roll your head and look at the top? do you see the same filling? its more at the entrance at the top where the luggage sits below

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
that white color thing is not on the boot lid. its inside the roof of the boot. when you put your head inside where you keep the luggage, just roll your head and look at the top? do you see the same filling? its more at the entrance at the top where the luggage sits below
I have checked that also but all looks clean. See SS here:

219.jpg

220.jpg

221.jpg

Hello all here,
Good afternoon. I am a new entry. Last week, purchased Tata Tigor XZA variant, Egyptian Blue color. (Location - Mumbai)
Good to hear and know that there are so many who are part of Tata Tigor Family. My experience has been average so far in terms of driving and delivery of vehicle from the dealership.
I have a lot of dashboard noise and the suspensions do make a lot of sound on rough roads. I have taken this up with the Dealership folks and the service center and they mentioned to get it rectified during the first service.
I wanted to ask you all here, the upper side of the boot from the inside, Is there something which looks like white color filling on the root of the boot? when asked the service center folks, they mentioned its the gap filling after the welding is done so that the water does not seep in. That white filling looks so haphazardly done as if like some repair work after a crash done by some lazy workshop guy.
Do you also notice something like this?

I will post the pictures soon about my Car and the Boot roof white filling.
Hello,
The white filling is present in Tigor's boot to the extreme left and right sides of the underside of the boot as seen in the photo posted. I confirm the same can be seen in my Tigor too. It is indeed an additional rain water seepage protection as if you see from the top i.e. after opening the boot, the rainwater from the rear windshield will directly come on the outer surface of the same location which have welded joints. In order to negate any chance of seepege from these welded points in future this compound has been filled (if by chance of a gap in weld points due to corrosion, which easily sets in costal area for cars having 10 to 15+ years of age). Although personally I think it could have been done in a much better finishing. I have got this confirmed from TASS as well as from a cousin of mine who worked with multiple manufacturers on production line.

Can someone provide the Tata Motors escalation contact for service quality issue, I have given my car to various TMSC for rattling noise in my Tigor card but everytime that issue is recurring within a week and some new problem will start.

Can someone provide the Tata Motors escalation contact for service quality issue, I have given my car to various TMSC for rattling noise in my Tigor card but everytime that issue is recurring within a week and some new problem will start.
The contact numbers for various levels of contact persons for your zone shall be put up on a board in the customer waiting area or the reception area of your Tata service center, if you can get it from there it would be effective(the contact persons at regional and zonal level do take complaints seriously I have a personal experience). Also try going the TMSC App route, you can raise complaints regarding lethargic service or repeating of the same issues through the TMSC app, even this route is effective and works out good. Do remember one thing that once you raise complaint, the regional manager shall pull up and communicate the service center you last visited for service, who will then in turn contact you to rectify the problem again. Instead of launching a complaint, try to get a decent Service Adviser, explain him the problem again and warn him that this issue would be raised to zonal level authority if not solved in a diplomatic manner, as a service center have changed their attitude a lot, but if it still persists, just raise the complaint.

Also can you please elaborate on what the rattling issues are, as even I am facing certain rattling issues like:-
  • Excess vibration from door interior trims when playing music loudly,
  • Rattling noise from below the steering on the right side the area where fuses are placed,
  • Vibration of gear and eerie noise from below steering when engine is just between 1700-2000 rpm.
  • Khat Khat noise from the front right side of the wheel when passing on rough roads (Although this noise stopped after the steering rack assembly was replaced under warranty but this noise again started a couple of days ago)
I am going to ask the service guys to look into it during the next service.

The contact numbers for various levels of contact persons for your zone shall be put up on a board in the customer waiting area or the reception area of your Tata service center, if you can get it from there it would be effective(the contact persons at regional and zonal level do take complaints seriously I have a personal experience). Also try going the TMSC App route, you can raise complaints regarding lethargic service or repeating of the same issues through the TMSC app, even this route is effective and works out good. Do remember one thing that once you raise complaint, the regional manager shall pull up and communicate the service center you last visited for service, who will then in turn contact you to rectify the problem again. Instead of launching a complaint, try to get a decent Service Adviser, explain him the problem again and warn him that this issue would be raised to zonal level authority if not solved in a diplomatic manner, as a service center have changed their attitude a lot, but if it still persists, just raise the complaint.

Also can you please elaborate on what the rattling issues are, as even I am facing certain rattling issues like:-
  • Excess vibration from door interior trims when playing music loudly,
  • Rattling noise from below the steering on the right side the area where fuses are placed,
  • Vibration of gear and eerie noise from below steering when engine is just between 1700-2000 rpm.
  • Khat Khat noise from the front right side of the wheel when passing on rough roads (Although this noise stopped after the steering rack assembly was replaced under warranty but this noise again started a couple of days ago)
I am going to ask the service guys to look into it during the next service.
I have escalated using the app and got Tata motors zonal service head, he is looking into the issue.

I am facing all the problems you have mentioned, I have complained in all my service visit but there has been no resolution.

I was also getting khat khat noise from left and they have changed both the shockers, link rod and few other components but noise is still there everytime there is patchy road.

Very frustrating situation and not sure what to do next

Hi guys I have done abt 45000 KM's by now...I am having rattling issues of mirrors,doors and the dashboard.another problem that I encountered was with the air seeping into the cabin above 80 kmph.i got my oil changed and asked my mechanic to not use oil additives.so my engine nvh has improved

Top Bottom