Tata Tigor Review & Pictures: Tata's Tiger

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Updated Tata Tigor Teased; Launch Soon

The Tata Tigor is all set to receive an update for this festive season, and the carmaker has now released a new teaser video, announcing the news. The new short 8-second video posted on Tata Motors' social media handles shows us the new crystal inspired LED taillamps of the updated Tigor subcompact sedan. Dubbed as the all-new Tigor, Tata's tweet says that the updated model is coming soon, which we expect will be later this month. Tata has also indicated that more updates on the updated Tigor will be released on social media.

(New crystal inspired LED taillamps)

(chrome finish for the projector lamps)​

More..

Is anyone member of any Tigor Whatsapp group ? In the other forum read multiple comments stating some foul/burning smell getting into Tigor's cabin. Can you guys throw some light on this ?

Is anyone member of any Tigor Whatsapp group ? In the other forum read multiple comments stating some foul/burning smell getting into Tigor's cabin. Can you guys throw some light on this ?
I can check, but did not observe anything like that. Is it for P / D and Manual or AMT version ?

Yes, I'm a member of one of such whatsapp group and aware of this issue to some extent. I haven't experienced this issue yet with my Tigor. The issue occurs when the car is driven at the speed of 80+ for some time. A kind of burning smell starts coming in the cabin. According to some owners, it disappeared automatically after 1000-1500+ kms. Observed with Manual as well as AMT. kind of ghost issue with many SCs trying many things as resolution.

Recently, one of my friend also faced this issue and in his case, the SA cleaned the canister. After that, when my friend did a test ride, he did not face it. So it seems to have resolved now.

Yes, I'm a member of one of such whatsapp group and aware of this issue to some extent. I haven't experienced this issue yet with my Tigor. The issue occurs when the car is driven at the speed of 80+ for some time. A kind of burning smell starts coming in the cabin. According to some owners, it disappeared automatically after 1000-1500+ kms. Observed with Manual as well as AMT. kind of ghost issue with many SCs trying many things as resolution.

Recently, one of my friend also faced this issue and in his case, the SA cleaned the canister. After that, when my friend did a test ride, he did not face it. So it seems to have resolved now.
Thanks for keeping it crisp. Will be cautious on this in my brother's Tigor XZA. With most of the mechanicals same between Tiago and Tigor, wonder what's happening.

Thanks for keeping it crisp. Will be cautious on this in my brother's Tigor XZA. With most of the mechanicals same between Tiago and Tigor, wonder what's happening.
I think this was reported by some tiago owners too. Heard many possibilities like issue with clutch plates, tyre, fuel pump etc. Now with the canister cleaning it seems to have worked for my friend. Will keep you posted about it in case of any further developments.

Meanwhile Tigor facelift looks like a half hearted effort. You guys can relax as you are not missing anything important.[;)]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tigor - list of owner members of this forum

1. nikhilmendu
2. ROHITM88
3. Abdulgaffoor
4. Kasscon
5. Zester
6. msingh
7. anshuman8
8. bbarve
9. Akash1866
10.Stormed
11.Nimu
12.Nairrk
13.aimanmd
14.Prabhakar
15.SS53
16.Sachinr7
17.Pkhammu2005
18.tapendra
19.mavilayi
20.Janish89
21.ItsDivyansh

(hope there may be more, but finding difficult to trace them since they are not updating the forum. If anyone finds any name, please update here)

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Tigor electric car spotted with yellow number plate in Hyderabad

tata-tigor-electric-taxi-spied-2.jpeg

Only those cities that have proper infrastructure to charge and service EVs will be considered for launching Tigor EV. Tata Motors has not provided any timeline as to when Tigor EV will be made commercially available. But in spite of this, Tata Tigor EV wearing yellow number plate has now been spotted on the streets of Hyderabad.

Read:

Last edited:
I think this was reported by some tiago owners too. Heard many possibilities like issue with clutch plates, tyre, fuel pump etc. Now with the canister cleaning it seems to have worked for my friend. Will keep you posted about it in case of any further developments.
UPDATE: The issue is not solved with canister cleaning, as per my friend. Last weekend, I also did a long drive with my family, and while returning, experienced some strange smell for a very short while. Not sure if this was the same thing or something else. It disappeared very soon. So probably it was something else from outside. Need to monitor it closely.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2020 Tata Tigor (facelift) spied on test yet again

tata-tigor-2020-facelift-5-0851.jpg

As Tata Motors continues testing the facelifted Tigor on the public roads, yet another batch of spy shots has surfaced online. IAB reader Yogesh Naik had spotted the upcoming sedan on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway recently.

tata-tigor-2020-facelift-4-5dac.jpg

Read:

I have Tigor XZo Petrol manual and yes I have experienced the burning smell everytime I try rushing to 90+ SPEED. Then I have to flushout the air from cabin like opening windows or using AC option then it will go away but again it remains for some time if you are maintaining the speed 90+.

I have complained to TMSC during service visit but I dont think they give any damn about it. Overall, Tata cars are good but service is still pathetic.

Top Bottom