Tata Tigor Review & Pictures: Tata's Tiger

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I can understand your restlessness. Hope you get the car soon ?
BTW did the Tigor prices increase or you paid old price and got discounts promised to you ?

Why dont you open a new thread about your booking , buying and ownership experience ?
Hopefully I will get the car tomorrow evening or Wednesday morning, after taking Temporary registration.

Old price with Mud flaps & Floor mats and additionally managed to get Door visor as freebies.

Yes, preparing ownership review - will post it once I get the car..

Finally got my Car (took delivery at 2 Pm). Driven only 4 Kms (that's the distance from the dealer outlet to my home). Since I am moving from small car (Alto K10 manual) to this AMT CS, indeed I could feel the smoothness and quality of the Tigor

Will be posting Ownership review and pictures soon.
Congrats Nair Sahab on getting your 'style back', you will enjoy the effortless driving pleasure of the AMT, do go through the operating manual.

The first thing you will hear in the morning when you open the driver door is a priming sound from the engine bay, it's a self assuring sound of the AMT, that it's alive and kicking and ready to go.

Enjoy your ride.

All the best.

Regards
Vinod

Congrats Nairrk sir for your Tigor. can you please post some reviews of the newly bought Tigor in kerala roads. I bit confussed either to go for tiago or tigor.
Couldn't see much tigor on roads, could say nil on travelling. In cochin I could see only 1 or two in a week of my travelling.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Congrats Nairrk sir for your Tigor. can you please post some reviews of the newly bought Tigor in kerala roads. I bit confussed either to go for tiago or tigor.
Couldn't see much tigor on roads, could say nil on travelling. In cochin I could see only 1 or two in a week of my travelling.
After taking delivery, first time today I drove the car 84 kms. Strong car, well built, no rattling sound even on bad roads.

Tiago and Tigor are built in the same platform, same engine etc, but tigor is a sedan and some more features than Tiago and of course around a lakh or more expensive.

More Tiago's on the road, may be because most of the people now-a-days prefer hatch back than a Compact sedan?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Tata Tigor sedan may launch by Diwali 2018 – Rival Honda Amaze, Maruti Dzire

Last month we had shared exclusive spy shots of the updated Tata Tigor sedan. This variant was spotted by automotive enthusiasts Nikhil Khadse and Aman Siriah. Highlight of this variant was some new features, which were clearly visible. Now, a source tells us that the updated 2018 Tata Tigor has entered production at the company plant in Sanand, Gujarat. As per the source, launch of new Tata Tigor with updated features is expected to take place by Diwali 2018.

With car sales set to grow in the coming weeks, thanks to the upcoming Diwali festive season; launching updated Tigor sedan could bring in added sales for the company. There are no major exterior changes, except for a new grille and a shark fin antenna.

Interiors feature a new 7” touchscreen infotainment system and leather seats were seen. The fitting of this new 7” touchscreen infotainment system means that the entire central console had to be redesigned while AC vents remained untouched. Though many details of this touchscreen infotainment system have not been revealed, it could be powered by the same Harman system seen on the Nexon or Zest. This infotainment system supports Bluetooth connectivity, navigation, video playback, radio and voice commands. Reverse parking camera could also be on offer.

2018 Tata Tigor will see no change in engine specifications. It will continue to be powered by a 1.2 liter Revotron engine producing 84 bhp power and 114 Nm torque. The 1.0 liter turbo charged, 3 cylinder diesel engine produces 69 bhp power and 140 Nm torque with both engines mated to a 5 speed manual.

Tata Tigor compact sedan is positioned below the Zest and priced from Rs 5.16-7.49 lakhs. It competes with the Honda Amaze, Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire and Hyundai Xcent. One can expect the Tata Tigor facelift with its enhanced interior features to be priced higher by around Rs 10,000 depending on variant.

Tata Motors is one of the fastest growing car maker in India today. Recently, they announced the launch of Nexon Kraz and Tiago NRG. Next month will see the launch of updated Tigor. By December, the Harrier H5X SUV is expected to make debut. Launch of these new cars could result in Tata Motors increasing their monthly car sales by up to 10,000 units.

Source:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Most probably they will add a reverse parking camera in XZA variant also. Prices have already gone up from 18000 to 22000 depending on variant and with this facelift version, they seem to increase another Rs.10000/-[roll]

Tigor AMT was launched in Nov 2017 at at ₹ 5.75 lakh(XTA) and ₹ 6.22 lakh (XZA) , prices have risen substantially since then, without any feature being added. Present price are 6.23 lakh(XTA) and 6.65 lakh (XZA) .

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tigor AMT was launched in Nov 2017 at at ₹ 5.75 lakh(XTA) and ₹ 6.22 lakh (XZA) , prices have risen substantially since then, without any feature being added. Present price are 6.23 lakh(XTA) and 6.65 lakh (XZA) .
When I booked XZA on 2nd August, the ex showroom price here was Rs.657,159. From September 3rd onwards the prices were gone up further Rs.18000 to 22000. Another Rs.10000 or more will be increased for the facelift version.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Tigor Cross: What it will look like

Tata Motors just launched the Tiago NRG, a cross version of its bestselling car. India’s loves cars with butch looks and high ground clearance. We won’t be surprised if Tata Motors decides to give the ‘Cross’ treatment to the Tigor compact sedan as well. Here’s what a Tigor Cross could look like, if and when built.

As the render indicates, the Tigor Cross is likely to get body cladding all around, and this is what will give the car a crossover-ish look-and-feel. Ground clearance could go up by a few mm as well, just like how it happened with the Tiago NRG, which got a 10-mm additional ground clearance.

The Tigor Cross is likely to get 15-inch alloy wheels as standard. Many blacked out bits are likely. The wing mirrors, the front grille, roof and door handles are likely to be blacked out. In other words, the Tigor Cross is expected to be a Tiago NRG with a boot.

If launched,the Tigor Cross will sit at the top of the variant line-up, just like the Tiago NRG. Expect it to command a price premium of Rs. 30,000 over the regular variants. In fact, such a variant could be a good move from Tata Motors to give sales a boost considering the fact that the Tigor is a much slower seller compared to the Tiago.

While it’s unusual for automakers to build crossover-ish variants of their sedans, exceptions do exist. The Volvo S60 Cross Country is one such example. If brought to the market, the Tigor Cross could be the first such car in the affordable segment in India.

As for mechanicals, expect no significant changes. The Tigor is currently offered with two engines – a 1.2-litre petrol with 84 Bhp-115 Nm, and a 1.1-litre turbocharged diesel with 69 Bhp-140 Nm. These engines get 5-speed manual gearboxes as standard while the petrol motor also gets an AMT option.

Tata Motors has planned new variants of the Tigor for India. The JTP version, which will add a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine (108 Bhp-150 Nm) to the range, will be launched soon. There is an electric variant of the car that’s also being prepared for launch.

Source:

Anyone got a call for JD Power survey feedback or was informed by SC? I got it couple of days ago. They took my feedback for around 20 minutes based on my dealership/purchasing/servicing experience for Tigor. Long list of questions. [:)]

Here is a link for reference.

Top Bottom