Tata Tigor Review & Pictures: Tata's Tiger

Thanks Vipul for the detailed review, I specially enjoy the part with the pic's and short write up about the item pictured.

I rate it a well deserved 5*.

Looking forward to your review on the XTA or XZA.

Regards
Vinod

Nicely explained & detailed review.

October tigor sales - 1945 units.

It deserves much more hope tata put more efforts on brand development with good ASS.

Last edited:
Excellent write up. Deserves a 5 star rating. Copper Dazzle is the best looking in all the colours. Strange that Indian car market has suddenly shifted towards daring colours which at a time stuck to standard colours of White and Silver.

Planning to pick up the XZA. Please update us the AMT drive as soon as possible.

Very well written review Mr TSI [clap], I enjoyed reading it. Please convey my kudos to your photographer, I never liked the copper dazzle color of Tigor but your photos made me like it now.
I do miss sunburst orange offering on Tigor which would have been an outstanding looker.

Question: What's that squealing sound at the start of your 0-100 video? Would love to see from 0 KPH if you could share it [:D].

Excellent write up. Very well explained review [clap]

Tata plonk 1.5L engine from Nexon lineup and launch top of the line variant and I can say that this beauty can bring you required sales which it deserves.

Wonderful detailed Review mate.

Excellent write up. Very well explained review [clap]

Tata plonk 1.5L engine from Nexon lineup and launch top of the line variant and I can say that this beauty can bring you required sales which it deserves.
Perfect. With DRLs and a New dual coloured theme. They can name it Tigor S. [:)]

Last edited:
Great review,but I have few suggestions to make.

1.Please include a comparative photoshoot along with another car ,which is either termed as its direct competition or maybe the older generation car which this one is replacing.For eg xcent or indigo .

2.During the review let the general public(random people on road) have a look at the car and give their feedback regarding it , include this in the review as a separate segment.For eg their impression of the car,would they buy it at the price range it is being sold for,what would they like to be improved or done differently on the car etc ,etc . Basically general reaction and feedback of the pubic about the car.

3 Please also include your opinion in a different segment on what 5 main improvement would you suggest TATA to bring on this car,to make it a better product.

4 This review is a little too late ,please try to bring the review before the launch of the car,we have got talented people here so the quality of the review is not an issue ,but timing need to be improved.I wish you guys to be the first one to bring in the detailed review.

Now coming to the car ,it is a great car but still we do not see it raking up the numbers which were expected from it.Contrary to others, I do not see it as a competition to other compact sedans ,I see it as a better alternative to hatchbacks like grand i10 and swift in terms of built quality,design, features and price point of view.I am amazed how both these hatchback selling around similar price points are able to manage numbers in 10000+ while tigor is struggling to reach even 2000.

I would like to suggest TATA to bring these improvement on Tigor.

1 Improve refinement and vibrations of the engine .
2 Make 2 airbags and abs,ebd standard across all variants .
3 Make the headlight of XZ,XZ(0) standard across all variants .
4 Introduce DRL on the XZ(0) to differentiate it with the others.
5 Introduce a completely new front bumper,which makes it front stance more aggressive ,the car need to have its own character ,a personality different from tiago.
6 If possible please increase the width of the car ,this will not only help in making the car more spacious but also improve the overall stance of the car.
7 Introduce black and one more dark colour;they can discontinue few low selling colours.
8 Introduce a different setup of a much bigger touchscreen on the top model,this one is too small.
9 Instead of having multiple variants ,which are lacking in features reduce the number of variants to 4 or 3 , with one variant for no nonsense guys who are only concerned to travel from point A to B with comfort and safety like airbags ,power windows ,infotainment,central locking ,reverse parking sensor,fog lamps,rear defogger,steering mounted controls(xt).Then a mid variant with a good mix of features and price,for people who love to have multiple features but also want value for money-best of both worlds(xz).You can always go wild with top variant be it price or features or design elements for those who want to standout and have all the the gizmos and feel good things and wouldn't mind paying a little bit premium for it(xz(0).
10 A little bit wider profile tyres than the current ones.

Last edited:
I would like to suggest TATA to bring these improvement on Tigor.

1 Improve refinement and vibrations of the engine .
2 Make 2 airbags and abs,ebd standard across all variants .
3 Make the headlight of XZ,XZ(0) standard across all variants .
4 Introduce DRL on the XZ(0) to differentiate it with the others.
5 Introduce a completely new front bumper,which makes it front stance more aggressive ,the car need to have its own character ,a personality different from tiago.
6 If possible please increase the width of the car ,this will not only help in making the car more spacious but also improve the overall stance of the car.
7 Introduce black and one more dark colour;they can discontinue few low selling colours.
8 Introduce a different setup of a much bigger touchscreen on the top model,this one is too small.
9 Instead of having multiple variants ,which are lacking in features reduce the number of variants to 4 or 3 , with one variant for no nonsense guys who are only concerned to travel from point A to B with comfort and safety like airbags ,power windows ,infotainment,central locking ,reverse parking sensor,fog lamps,rear defogger,steering mounted controls(xt).Then a mid variant with a good mix of features and price,for people who love to have multiple features but also want value for money-best of both worlds(xz).You can always go wild with top variant be it price or features or design elements for those who want to standout and have all the the gizmos and feel good things and wouldn't mind paying a little bit premium for it(xz(0).
10 A little bit wider profile tyres than the current ones.
Some suggestions/tweeks and agreements with your suggestions of improvements in Tigor.

I agree fully to point 2,3,4,5 & 7 and can be implemented pretty easily without adding too much to the cost of the car however rest might not be possible as these changes will pit Tigor against direct competition with dzire and others where Tigor will loose its position with not here not there and might not sell with that pricing.
Tata placed Tigor in between the hatches and other compact sedans and not direct rival of other sub 4m sedans.

As far as engines are concerned there is no problem with Tigor's petrol engine (its not the Tiago's engine) and pretty soon we will see same kind of specs from other OEM's as well when bs6 will come in picture and days are not very far. However the GB is where the refignment is lacking.

And yes, diesel motor is where TML should bring in top variant with detuned 1.5L revotorq engine from Nexon to match the 5 Speed GB setup and the issues will be solved.

As wrote earlier and hope TML is listening, A Tigor 1.5 or sports variant can turn this beauty to a blockbuster

Last edited:
Hello,I scraped my tigor in an apartment parking lot.
My first scrape ,I was extremely tired after 200Km journey and 2 hours extreme bumper to bumper traffic.
How can i fix it,I'm a complete noob at this.
What's the best possible way to get a factory finish ,a reasonable price would be good too.
What option do I have ? :(

Great review,but I have few suggestions to make.

Black color is not allowed on sub 4 meter vehicles as per government norms as per the discussion I had with the dealer on the same topic. this was implemented 3-4 yrs back only, earlier there were black cars on hatch back as well.

Top Bottom