Tata Tigor Review & Pictures: Tata's Tiger

^^This is bound to be. Its a more practical and VFM car compared to other CS in the market.
Petrol engine is ok but Diesel might need a correction later.

Any news about the launch of the Tigor JTP version?

I read it somewhere that it is going to have the Nexon engine. Is it true? If it is, it would be amazing combo. But then I just wondered, why Tata had to do it in association with someone? Why not by themselves? You have the car, the turbocharged engine, then what other refinements were needed to be done in association? Why not do those refinements on your own? Sorry if it sounds naive. Can anyone please guide/share their thoughts on this?

Regards,
Bhushan

Anyone installed any chrome garnish in the Tigor's boot below the number plate. I can see in many Tiagos but not sure its available for Tigor

Any news about the launch of the Tigor JTP version?

I read it somewhere that it is going to have the Nexon engine. Is it true? If it is, it would be amazing combo. But then I just wondered, why Tata had to do it in association with someone? Why not by themselves? You have the car, the turbocharged engine, then what other refinements were needed to be done in association? Why not do those refinements on your own? Sorry if it sounds naive. Can anyone please guide/share their thoughts on this?

Regards,
Bhushan
Other mechanical changes apart from the engine might include the following updates:
1) Suspension: The suspension will be upgraded to give a more sporty drive. The GC has been reduced by 10mm for a more planted drive and in my opinion looks a lot better.
2) Steering: The steering is going to be revised to offer more feel and will probably feel "heavier" especially at higher speeds.
3) Exhaust: The exhaust is different going by the spotted pictures so obviously it is going to need testing and fine tuning to ensure it meets the emission and sound norms.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Nice one. Hope this one installed on the dashboard.?

I have a doubt - by doing all these accessory fitting will not affect your warranty?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Finally, my car arrived at the showroom yesterday and took the time to visit the showroom yesterday itself. Checked the car completely and found all ok including the chassis number which is correct as given by the SA few days back.

See couple of pictures (sorry for poor quality as taken using my phone):

008.jpg

007.jpg

All over showroom is filled with cars (even many cars were parked outside of the showroom - on the roadside) and mine was also parked on the roadside and after I reached there, one guy picked up the car, washed it and then shown to me

See the status of the showroom

004.jpg

005.jpg

Most likely the temporary permit will be taken today and then ready for delivery, however I already told them to do the permanent registration formalities and then I will take the delivery because the car is with them and the RTO office is just 5/6 kms away from the dealer office (otherwise, I will have to drive down the car to the RTO office which is about 40 kms away from my home).

Finally, my car arrived at the showroom yesterday and took the time to visit the showroom yesterday itself. Checked the car completely and found all ok including the chassis number which is correct as given by the SA few days back.

See couple of pictures (sorry for poor quality as taken using my phone):

All over showroom is filled with cars (even many cars were parked outside of the showroom - on the roadside) and mine was also parked on the roadside and after I reached there, one guy picked up the car, washed it and then shown to me

See the status of the showroom

Most likely the temporary permit will be taken today and then ready for delivery, however I already told them to do the permanent registration formalities and then I will take the delivery because the car is with them and the RTO office is just 5/6 kms away from the dealer office (otherwise, I will have to drive down the car to the RTO office which is about 40 kms away from my home).
Congrats Nair Sahab, the chocolate color suites Tigor, just inquisitive what was the Km reading at time of PDI?

Looking forward to your ownership review.

All the best.

Regards
Vinod

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Wonderful Car & Color Nair. This color was one of my favorites at the time of my car's purchase. AMT surely is a blessing during traffic and the variant also is VFM too. All the best with the car and hope to have regular updates from you on it.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Congrats Nair Sahab, the chocolate color suites Tigor, just inquisitive what was the Km reading at time of PDI?

Looking forward to your ownership review.

All the best.

Regards
Vinod
Thanks.

Its not chocolate colour (but looks like)[roll]. The official name given by Tata is ''Espresso Brown''.

ODO reading was 132kms - Car trucked down from Pune to Kasragode (North Kerala) and then driven on the road to their head showroom in Kannur which is approximately 110kms. The roads in this stretch are very, very bad, so the possibilities are that the driver might have taken some alternative /inner roads which may have added few more kms in the ODO.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Its not chocolate colour (but looks like). The official name given by Tata is ''Espresso Brown''.

ODO reading was 132kms - Car trucked down from Pune to Kasragode (North Kerala) and then driven on the road to their head showroom in Kannur which is approximately 110kms. The roads in this stretch are very, very bad, so the possibilities are that the driver might have taken some alternative /inner roads which may have added few more kms in the ODO.
Congrats on the car's arrival. Looks like twin sister of my Tigor [clap]
It is strange the truck does not come upto dealer's stockyard.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Congrats on the car's arrival. Looks like twin sister of my Tigor [clap]
It is strange the truck does not come upto dealer's stockyard.
Thanks.

Yes, I too wished that the truck come all the way to dealer's stockyard here.

(This dealer has 6 showrooms, 3 main & and 3 sub-showrooms, in these two districts. Kasaragode is the northern border of Kerala and the showroom there belongs to the same group, the trucks are offloaded there and then they move the cars to other showrooms).

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Registration formalities of my Car is delayed - today is second Saturday and RTO office closed. Monday Bharat Bandh as well as Harthal in Kerala, so things will be done only on Tuesday and as such I expect to get the car on Tuesday evening or Wednesday.

More and more waiting[anger]

I can understand your restlessness. Hope you get the car soon ?
BTW did the Tigor prices increase or you paid old price and got discounts promised to you ?

Why dont you open a new thread about your booking , buying and ownership experience ?

Top Bottom