Tata Tigor (Kite-5) Compact Sedan Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends,

Official Press Release: Tata TIGOR portfolio expands with trendy, stylish AMT variants

View attachment 234433

Key Highlights:

Available in XZA and XTA variants with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT)

First in class ‘Sports’ mode for a peppy drive experience

Manual Mode to shift gears at a flick of a gear stick for an engaging experience

Creep Feature for heavy traffic maneuverability and parking ease

Regards

Akash
Great news, an Automatic variant has become like a norm for cars these days as most of the urban population prefers an automatic. AMT, though not the best option, still makes it a good option for a layman who does not mind the slight jerk or the slower gear shifts. The convenience of not having a clutch and good fuel efficiency takes precedence.
I agree its a first in class, if you consider the small compact sedan as a new class. As far as I remember all Tata AMTs came with sports mode. The Tiago, Zest, and Nano AMT , all had the sports mode. Here, when they are comparing the car with the Swift Dzire, wouldn't the Zest come in the same segment?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Here, when they are comparing the car with the Swift Dzire, wouldn't the Zest come in the same segment?
Actually, Tigor is a Notchback like car and referred as the Styleback. Since in our market there are not enough Notchback to consider it as a segment as of now so the next best option was to call it a sub-compact sedan or compact sedan. Since the Tigor is placed lower than the Zest in terms of the product placement hence, it becomes first choice and a contemporary option to be considered in the C.S segment. Though ideally, Zest is a compact sedan by Tata.

Regards

Akash

Re: Tata Motors Nexon Now Launched at Rs.5.85 Lakhs

Xza is not having airbags. What crap man. So dropped. In 2017 no airbags.seriously in a top variant call
Which car are you talking about here? The Nexon has airbags from the base variant, so there is no chance that they would remove the airbags in the top end model in the automatic.

If you are talking about the newly launched Tigor XZA,even that comes with dual airbags in the XZA variant. The XTA though, does not come with airbags.
Source:
https://tigor.tatamotors.com/variants
https://nexon.tatamotors.com/variants

Well AFAIK Nexon has airbags in All the variants. XZA variant is yet to launched in NExon
My bad. My last comment related to previous comment where I stated to cancel nexon as tigor amt is there now.

Website shows tigor xza got no airbags. Thus the post

My bad. My last comment related to previous comment where I stated to cancel nexon as tigor amt is there now.

Website shows tigor xza got no airbags. Thus the post
Which website are you looking at?
Check the Tigor official site.
It shows that XZA has driver and passenger airbags.

Source: https://tigor.tatamotors.com/variants

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom