Tata Tigor (Kite-5) Compact Sedan Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Got a Call from my dealership. Possibility of a mid-range model of Tigor for Petrol and Diesel is there. Likely a XM variant is lined up for launch. I asked about features, I am told, it is expected to get power-windows, harman ICE & wheel covers. As of now, price and launch date are not clear though. I am more inclined to know about the safety features here as Tigor XT has no airbags. Do anyone of you know of this news?

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Please someone share the pic of front seat central arm rest installed in Tigor.
Bud, here are the pics for your reference.

IMG_0621.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0706.JPG

Also, If the armrest hampers the smooth accessibility of the handbrake then you may push it up. The armrest's flap is extendable as well. I paid Rs. 5300/- all inclusive.

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Official Press Release: Tata Motors introduces TIGOR XM to tap the opportunity in sedan market

Tata Motors introduces TIGOR XM to tap the opportunity in sedan market  (1).jpg

Tata Motors introduces TIGOR XM to tap the opportunity in sedan market  (2).jpg

New Delhi, September 9, 2017: The Tata Tigor StyleBack sedan has received a warm welcome from many Indian car buyers, who appreciate its potent combination of style, features, performance and price. Keeping in mind the growing aspirations of customers, Tata Motors today announced the introduction of the TIGOR XM variant with nine important features, in time for the festive season. The TIGOR XM petrol has been priced competitively at Rs. 4.99 Lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

The TIGOR XM comes loaded with exciting features like a class leading infotainment system, manual central locking with key, power windows for front and rear, speed dependent auto door locks, follow me home lamps, LED fuel gauge, full fabric seat upholstery, interior lamps with theatre dimming and full wheel covers.

Tata Motors continues to set new benchmarks in the competitive sedan segment. Introduction of this variant will further strengthen the sedan portfolio and will provide customers with a feature-rich car at an exciting price point. The TIGOR XM will be available in petrol and diesel fuel types with manual transmission. The new variant will be available across all Tata Motors authorised dealerships, starting September 15, 2017, in a phased manner.

According to Mr. Vivek Srivatsa – Head - Marketing, PVBU, Tata Motors, “We are constantly working towards filling in spaces in each segment and TIGOR XM is our response to this growing segment. As per our turnaround strategy, we are working with a renewed focus and energy to improve our market share and bring products faster to market.”
Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Thanks for the reply.
I think they charged you too much. It cost at most 1500. The one like installed in your car comes at 1000.
I know but there is always a way out to make such guys realize their fault. I am happy that to some extent the overcharged amount got adjusted.

Regards

Akash

Got my first servicing done yesterday. I got few of the niggles sorted out. They are as follows-
1. My right headlight focus was off centre. Got it alligned.
2. Fuel lid did not pop out, they tighten some screw in engine bay & used mobile oil on the lid's springs.
3. Gear lever leather always get out of position & pops out from the assembly. They fixed it but yet to test it on bad roads.

I need to know how they refill the windshield washer liquid. In my case they used water, however i told & showed them in owner manual to refill it with washer liquid diluted with water. They told me it is sold as an accessory.

I need to know how they refill the windshield washer liquid. In my case they used water, however i told & showed them in owner manual to refill it with washer liquid diluted with water. They told me it is sold as an accessory.
You are better off buying your own windshield washer concentrate and top it up yourself. I use ProKlear WWC and ask them not to fill/top up the windshield washer tank during every service visit.

Guys, completed 10k kms.
No issues as of now apart from that misaligned glovebox. The car works like a charm and maintained 130-140kmph constantly on agra-lucknow expressway and returned a mileage of around 17kmpl doing so.
Overall a very nice car and is recommended to anyone looking for a petrol motor, for diesel better go for aspire/Figo.
@Stormed- 10K kms completed in 3 months [clap]. Thats quite a running. You should have gone for diesel car.

Yeah no doubt Ingis and Dzire high end models are overpriced. But these cars are generating sales due to A.S.S. and engine refinement. I think Tata has got it totally wrong with Tigor Pricing. Tiago will generate around 4k monthly, but Tigor will do down below 2k mark for sure.
You have predicted very correctly. [clap]

The tigor is actually a class below the others in terms of size and power, while the Zest is more of a direct competitor
Sales targets at TML may have been higher i suspect.

Cannot agree completely.

Diesel engines in Tigor are underpowered, but the Petrol engines are at par with the competition.
Size is similar to competitors as well.

The tigor is actually a class below the others in terms of size and power, while the Zest is more of a direct competitor
Sales targets at TML may have been higher i suspect.

Dear TAIgers,
Please throw some light on the AMT. When is it going to be launched? Waiting for the Automatic car.
A dealer sales executive said that it is only after April 18. Is it true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom