Tata Tigor (Kite-5) Compact Sedan Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tata Kite Compact Sedan (Indigo eCS Replacement)

Finally one rendering which is quite close to the real car. I felt The one rendered by Indianautosblog was not accurate but this one is.

Good one and looks futuristic.

Thread Starter #62

TATA Kite Hatch/Sedan interiors spied

Team-bhp's member Rosaf Spotted upcoming tata kite twins interior snaped.

So here details are dashboard looks like some what modified version TATA indica V2 dashboard

somes with TATA ZEST MUSIC System and AC knobs looks like barrowed from TATA Indica's parts bin

IMG_20150620_164332OptimizedWM.jpg

Image Source:Home | Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Website

Infact what I feel that the Kite resembles to me like the older generation i20 from rear. Which is a very good design. Will wait to see how the car looks. Eagerly waiting for the car. I guess this car will give others a run for the money. Tatas should IMHO have manual, AMT option in the car right from day 1. it would compete with the likes of celerio and grandi10.

Thread Starter #65

After brief Observation of TATA Kite interior spy shots got some details that over all interiors design elements seems inspired by Indica v2 interiors their is possible to see acceptable amount of parts shared with indica v2 parts bin for reference observe below images

Observe below section of steering we are able to found some space to store some coins and cleaning stuff this storage space also seen in indica V2 also
Tata-Kite-dashboard-spied12.jpg

IMG_20150620_164332Optimized2.jpg

the door handle and door lock release latch design also looks like a modern version of indica v2 design
image31.jpg
image41.jpg

But Over all TATA doing Great Job for upcoming kite they are really masters in design all new baby with old body and blood [evil][clap]

Image Source:Team-BHP

The hatch and sedan sibling looks good and proportionate to their sizes. Placing the products in their right category without cannibalising the existing line up is a paramount task now for the home grown company. Common tata get rid of the ta65 gearbox and develop an in-house gearbox suiting the characteristics of the new engines and don't stifle yourself with the old gearbox. Please do maintain a healthy price gap between the models and clearly demarcate the product line up.
Could any one clarify the petrol engine offered in the kite. Is it an all aluminium block or cast iron block with/without turbo?

PS: I do feel the 1.2 revotron is underpowered deliberately because the ta65 gear box cannot handle torque more than 140Nm and the same reason haunted the cr4 engine previously. I still cant understand how one can deprive the revotron further.

Thread Starter #67

Could any one clarify the petrol engine offered in the kite. Is it an all aluminium block or cast iron block with/without turbo?
TATA Kite powered by All New Petrol and Diesel engines, Petrol is powered by All Aluminium Block 3Cylinder 1197cc 12Valves DOHC engine Previously show in TATA NEXON Concept and Diesel is Powered by 1050cc 3Cylinder TURBO DICOR engine previoustly Show in TATA MANZA Hybrid.

TATA Kite powered by All New Petrol and Diesel engines, Petrol is powered by All Aluminium Block 3Cylinder 1197cc 12Valves DOHC engine Previously show in TATA NEXON Concept and Diesel is Powered by 1050cc 3Cylinder TURBO DICOR engine previoustly Show in TATA MANZA Hybrid.
Does that mean the Kite is coming both in Petrol and Diesel variants?

If so, do they plan to replace Indica and Indigo eCS anytime soon? I feel it's a good move if they can replace this with both of their cars would be an ideal path to replace age old looking cars.

If so, do they plan to replace Indica and Indigo eCS anytime soon? I feel it's a good move if they can replace this with both of their cars would be an ideal path to replace age old looking cars.
I fear otherwise not to replace indigo ecs atleast. The May sales figure for Indigo + Manza is 2027 and that of indica + vista is 3202. Let the ecs be continued in the taxi segment (although many prefer etios), the craze for it is still there in tier 2 and 3 towns. Moreover these new products are for private customers and not for taxi segment and those numbers are pretty decent to ignore.
Yes the kite is coming in both petrol and diesel with peak power speculated at 75bhp and 65bhp respectively. The petrol engine is clean design out from paper. No idea of the diesel.
PS: Sales figure from Team-bhp

MODS: Sorry for the back to back post, the time limit to edit 30 minutes expired while editing. Please merge if needed.
Moreover these new products are for private customers and not for taxi segment and those numbers are pretty decent to ignore.
Sorry, Those numbers are pretty decent to retain the models. The combined sales figure of zest and bolt is less than that of indica + vista, although its like comparing apples with oranges but still the numericals are impressive for a decade old design (silhouette atleast).
Yes the kite is coming in both petrol and diesel with peak power speculated at 75bhp and 65bhp respectively. The petrol engine is clean design out from paper. No idea of the diesel.
Is the diesel engine is clean design from paper or a downgraded cr4 engine?
Any news on TATA developing a new gearbox?

It is a one clyinder chopped of thee 1405cc engine in the Indica family. But the engine has been thoroughly redesigned with modified reinforcement and a balancer shaft added for the missing cylinder it control the vibes and modified alloy to control NVH and weight. This is what i read somewhere a long back. there is somewhat more work done on this engine than the Revotron Cast-iron block petrol engine on the BOLT.

No info on the gearbox, but it will be the 5 speed gearbox with modified gear ratios. I hope they make the F-type cable shift gear more refined and slick.

Last edited:

Just one observation regarding odo console is pretty different in both the pics. Seems like way too much different story here.may be something on the lines of honda civic or combined ie civic n chevy beat.any ida bout it.
After brief Observation of TATA Kite interior spy shots got some details that over all interiors design elements seems inspired by Indica v2 interiors their is possible to see acceptable amount of parts shared with indica v2 parts bin for reference observe below images

Observe below section of steering we are able to found some space to store some coins and cleaning stuff this storage space also seen in indica V2 also
View attachment 173685

View attachment 173686

the door handle and door lock release latch design also looks like a modern version of indica v2 design
View attachment 173687
View attachment 173688

But Over all TATA doing Great Job for upcoming kite they are really masters in design all new baby with old body and blood [evil][clap]

Image Source:Team-BHP

This should be offered with AMT from day 1. I believe this will create the needed buzz. Better marketing is a must. Connecting Ads are the need of the hour.

Despite coming out with competitive new cars with fresher designs and excellent value-for-money package, I am still disappointed that Tata Motors has not done enough to spruce up the Dealer & Service network. Under the Horizon Next strategy, the company was supposed to upgrade the existing outlets and expand the network with a few hundred more outlets. But I don't think the dealer network has expanded much in the last 2 years. Many of the newer brands like Honda, Ford, etc. have a better network spread as compared to Tata Motors.

Thread Starter #75

TATA Motors are not ready to pull flag off on indica/indigo series cars these cars are primarily for taxi operations because they are cheap to own and maintain and comming back to TATA Kite siblings these cars are designed to catter Personal Car buyers

Originally Posted by eigenvalue
PS: Sales figure from Team-bhp
Kite possibly uses 1050cc 3Cylinder DOHC 12Valves Direct Injection Common Rail (DICOR) engine Produces 65BHP Max Power and 140NM Max Torque [:D] but Still Power and torque figures are lower then Grand i10's 1.1L CRDI engine [frustration]

Tata-1.05-Liter-DICOR-Engine-at-the-2012-Auto-Expo-2.jpg
Tata-1.05-Liter-DICOR-Engine-at-the-2012-Auto-Expo-2.jpg

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom