Tata Tigor (Kite-5) Compact Sedan Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Spied! Tata Kite Compact Sedan (Indigo eCS Replacement)

Kite will not be quirky as speculated - will make a big impact in the budget sedan segment when it hits the market by the end of next year.

Tata-Kite-compact-Sedan.png

Internally as the Kite (the Zest and Bolt were codenamed ‘Falcon’), the hatchback version was already spotted on its test run .
On the powertrain front, there’s interesting news. There will be an all-new 1.2-litre petrol engine that Tata is developing in-house, as well as a new 1.05-litre, three-cylinder diesel engine, which is a derivative of the company’s 1.4-litre DiCOR diesel engine. And aside from the standard manual gearbox, don’t be surprised if Tata equips the Kite sedan with an AMT automatic gearbox as well

Tata Kite compact sedan spied testing | Car News | Entry level saloons | Autocar India

Last edited:

Another compact sedan from TATA isn't a good move IMO. It will kill the sales of Zest or suicide by it's own. Rather getting a proper sedan (replacement for Manza) with good looking exteriors and better interiors should give them a proper line-up.

Thread Starter #20

Another compact sedan from TATA isn't a good move IMO. It will kill the sales of Zest or suicide by it's own. Rather getting a proper sedan (replacement for Manza) with good looking exteriors and better interiors should give them a proper line-up.
actually this car is not an exactly proper Compact sedan like TATA ZEST.

Kite Compact notchback is nothing but Cross bread between Sedan and hatchback(like Skoda Octavia,Hyundai Accent Viva) but in Compact Avator so this kind of cars are ideal for modern family because of its wide open boot door(boot lid,dicky) but i hope that boot space will be more then ZEST[:D]

Kite Compact notchback
Agreed.
So where will this be placed? Above / below / at-par with Zest? (both in terms of pricing & equipment level) If at all the market requirement is a notchback, making a Zest notchback (along with current avatar) is far easier / economical and investing on Manza replacement should be wiser. This is what I meant to say. Keeping the fingers crossed till we have clear outline of this product.

Kite Compact notchback is nothing but Cross bread between Sedan and hatchback(like Skoda Octavia,Hyundai Accent Viva) but in Compact Avator so this kind of cars are ideal for modern family because of its wide open boot door(boot lid,dicky) but i hope that boot space will be more then ZEST[:D]
May be TATA Motors planned such kind of design. It a a good and convenient one.

Please don't take this one as a near-final design and start passing lewd comments. I posted it to give only a brief idea to you fellow TAIgers.

Car-Design.jpg

Car-Design-Rear-View.jpg

Another compact sedan from TATA isn't a good move IMO. It will kill the sales of Zest
So where will this be placed? Above / below / at-par with Zest? Investing on Manza replacement should be wiser.
Kite CS is a replacement for Indigo CS.
Indigo CS is old and outdated so to cater the taxi segment and low budget customers not interested in frills will go for Kite CS.

Kite will not be quirky as speculated - will make a big impact in the budget sedan segment when it hits the market by the end of next year.
Spot on.

It may not be and need not be a quirky design. The notch back type look in the mules could be either due to cover up of some new design or could be an attempt to overcome the limitation of a sub 4 meter CS with a decent looking boot.

Thread Starter #24

May be TATA Motors planned such kind of design. It a a good and convenient one.

Please don't take this one as a near-final design and start passing lewd comments. I posted it to give only a brief idea to you fellow TAIgers.
View attachment 153679

View attachment 153680
yes TATA planing this kind of body style with modern design looks [:D]

It is nice to note that they have completely ditched the looks or any resemblance to the INDICA. It looks completely different and even the side profile is completely new in contrast to the Bolt-Zest combo. The windows and the doors are too completely redone. Even the fron end too, looks more like a BMWs front end, somewhat!

That is well done TATA!

Last edited:

Hey @Taurean_Czar, where are the attached pics? Are they missing only on my comp or is it for others too? Please recheck attachments once again.

Same here.I also can't see the Photo of the Kite.BTW,Tata should keep selling the Indigo CS to the Taxi Segment,To keep the sales up.

Hey @Taurean_Czar, where are the attached pics? Are they missing only on my comp or is it for others too? Please recheck attachments once again.
Oops! Sorry.
It was a photo slider and did not take up the pictures.

I'll have to take a snapshot and upload them. I'll do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom