Tata Tigor Accessories & Modifications Suggestions

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Excellent choice Nair Sahab, it also has Android and iOS car Play, enjoy the feature rich HU.
Thanks.

They have given me a quote as under:

Touchscreen AX3000- Rs. 20,999
Stereo frame - Rs.1800/-
Camera - Rs.3000/-
Total Rs.25,779

I have told them that reverse camera already fitted on my car hence camera is not required and accordingly asked for their best quote for which reply still awaited.

In the meantiime, do you think they will pay something for the OEM HU which they remove inorder to fit the new touchscreen (I have asked them but they did not reply on that)??

Thanks.

They have given me a quote as under:

Touchscreen AX3000- Rs. 20,999
Stereo frame - Rs.1800/-
Camera - Rs.3000/-
Total Rs.25,779

I have told them that reverse camera already fitted on my car hence camera is not required and accordingly asked for their best quote for which reply still awaited.

In the meantiime, do you think they will pay something for the OEM HU which they remove inorder to fit the new touchscreen (I have asked them but they did not reply on that)??
I would suggest you to keep the OE HU, (the dealer might give you peanuts for it) and put it back, when you sell your car, and remove the costly HU, for your new car[;)]
Ask for more discount on the new HU, try and locate it online for a quote, which I'm sure will be cheaper, and let him match it on price.
Let me try a online quote for you.
Regards
Vinod
Edit:
https://www.amazon.in/Sony-XAV-AX30...ozP3jydEHr5Qs-RtiTUV0Q86EU1dgRQBoChtUQAvD_BwE
Price 19k

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Thanks for the link, also Whatsapp message.[thumbsup]

I know, buying online (Amazon or flipkart) will be cheaper, but then I need to find someone to fix the unit (these dealer guys will not do the work if we buy the product from other sources) outside. But I prefer to do any such electrical work through the dealer, even if I had to pay a little extra so that I should not worry about warranty problems in future. ?

Thanks for the link, also Whatsapp message.[thumbsup]

I know, buying online (Amazon or flipkart) will be cheaper, but then I need to find someone to fix the unit (these dealer guys will not do the work if we buy the product from other sources) outside. But I prefer to do any such electrical work through the dealer, even if I had to pay a little extra so that I should not worry about warranty problems in future. ?
Please don't get me wrong, use this link to get a better deal from the dealer, just like we negotiate the insurance amount for a new car.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Please don't get me wrong, use this link to get a better deal from the dealer, just like we negotiate the insurance amount for a new car
Thanks. I know that you are trying to help me to get the same product at a lesser rate. I will definitely try to negotiate, but doubt they will agree. They may be buying through some local supplier and if they allow me to buy from Amazon, then they will lose their 'cut'.

Secondly, I have been asking them the possibility to fix a touchscreen all these days, but they simply told me 'not possible'. Now, after writing/talking to Tata Motors guys who in turn spoke to these dealer guys and as such now they are ready to provide the solution. Also, I am sure, they may ask me to pay the money in advance because they are buying this unit only for me and what will happen if I don't take after they purchase it.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I am about to finalise this one but the accessories guys advise that steering controls will not work on this Sony touchscreen. He has recommended another one which has steering control ready set up.

Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 model - all inclusive price Rs.35000 (trying to negotiate). This system comes with 9'' digital TFT display, Adroid 6.0 OS, 2GB RAM/16GB Flash storage
Navigation ready, phoneLINK, flac compatible,WiFi/Internet access, WiFi hotspot, Built-in bluetooth, 2X Rear USB, Rear AV input, Rear view camera input, Steering wheel control input, video output etc.

Tried to see the features but google is not displayiing this model?

Any opinion guys?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Along with Blaupunkt touchscreen, am also planning to change the stock headlamp bulbs (Osram?) to Phillipis extra vision or extra vision plus. Have asked the accessories guys to give a price quote.

(2 days back, I was driving in the night on a busy road and I found the stock headlight brightness is a bit low comparing other vehicles powerful lights, especially many of them always drive with high beam and as such I felt little inconvenience to drive)

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hello Tigor owners - just to ask any one of you guys installed the Auto folding ORVM's in your car?

Recently, have seen a YouTube video installing auto fold ORVM on a Tata Tigor. The shop guy claims that the ORVM's are genuine from Tata and it is guaranteed.

See the video here:

I believe, the latest Tigor (top variant) comes with auto folding ORVM's so feel that Tata dealers might have this ORVM accessory?

I believe, the latest Tigor (top variant) comes with auto folding ORVM's so feel that Tata dealers might have this ORVM accessory?
Yes, good to check with the SC first. My xz+ also has it by default (Nov-19 production), so it's been considerably long time since it is available.

Hello all,
Recently in the last 15 days I had a couple of long runs with my Tigor XT RTQ,
Navi Mumbai - Solapur - Navi Mumbai(950km rum approx)
Navi Mumbai - Pune - Navi Mumbai(400km rum approx)
all of them were primarily night runs, while I extracted 23kmpl and there were no issues with the ride, one thing bothered me a lot that was the headlight. My car runs on stock headlight, the illumination was terrible, not driveable, infact at one point I stopped the car to check if the bulbs have blown out? But no they were fine, and also my headlamp cover is crystal clear i.e. no dull fading or yellowing. At one point when my dad was driving we had a close call because of bad illumination coupled with absence of reflector signage boards and strip markings on the lane! That too on a 4 lane National Highway which collects Toll!

AnywaysI intend to change the bulbs to some high power ones, yet I have a few questions;

1- which bulbs and rating should I change to, I am not a fan of white light and prefer the amber/yellowish tone, but yes I need more brightness.

2- I think right now the bulb is 55/60, if I go for a higher rating bulb will there be issues like blowing out of fuse, extra load on electricals or any adverse effect?

3- In my K10, when I use the high beam, the low beam bulbs also stay on simultaneously at the same time, this is a setting by default in Altos, and it makes night drive really convenient, Tigor has only high beam when switched and the low beam bulb goes off. Can I have a similar setting for Tigor, as some of the rural roads I travel on have pathetic pot holes, and also twisting turns, so if its only high beam then I have trouble with potholes, and if its only low beam I cant see far ahead(this is where Alto headlights are very convenient) so can there be a solution to this and at the same time I dont want it to be harmful to the electricals.
Just to add, the foglamps are just pathetic on Tigor.

Your suggestions will be very helpful as I am making another solapur trip next week, and intend to get bulbs changed beforehand.

Thank you for the suggestions in advance,
And a happy & safe(5star[:D]) Diwali!

Nairrk

Honoured Member
The problem is that many people are nowadays using LED and HID bulbs and our (Tata Tigor) OEM Osram bulbs are not anywhere near to those ones. Recently, I have upgraded my Tigor headlight to Philips X-stremeVision G-force ( see post no.572 here ).

Last week when I took the car for a night drive, though there was considerable improvement than the stock ones(Osram) but I felt even Philips X-streme vision bulbs insufficient when most of the cars are coming with LED/HID bulbs.

the foglamps are just pathetic on Tigor.
Yes, you are right. The stock fog lamps, bulbs are only 18W, which are not sufficient. When I went to change my headlight bulbs, the guys suggested me to change the fog lamps also and they suggested Autofurnish brand LED bulbs which I did not show interest that time but now I feel I should have gone for it. So, suggest look for some good LED bulbs for the fog lamps which will save your problem

Thread Starter #75

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Bought a gear lock (U-Clip) for the new one. It is same as the one placed in my earlier Tigor. Total cost was 2100/- Fitting will be done in 1st week of June. I know post fitting the front cup-holders will be of no use due to space issues but then security of the car is important too.

Regards
Akash

Top Bottom