Tata Tigor Accessories & Modifications Suggestions

Nairrk

Honoured Member
The car looks neat with the Chrome Door handles. How much did it cost ?
Rs.1300/- (full set). They have billed for his item whilst doing other accessories, but forgot to fit the handle garnish. I too forgot, but when I got their final bill (received much later) I noticed that they have included this item hence I asked them to send it. Accordingly, they delivered it to my home and I fixed it.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes, Tigor (and most of the cars) comes with a Radio Antenna.
I will have to remove (unscrew) the long antenna rod, but the antenna base will remain there where I will have to fix the new antenna.
Check if Manza also has the screw type antenna, if yes then you can also fix the Shark Finn antenna.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
The Shark Finn antenna received today from Amazon, but had to return since the connecting wire has been damaged (see image 2).

001.JPG

002.JPG

The above wires have to be in one piece and one end has to be fixed inside the antenna box which was not the case when I opened the box.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Update:

Have revived the replacement item today, and fitted same on my car.

007.JPG

(The original Antenna)

008.JPG

(The antenna base, after unscrewing the antenna rod)

009.JPG

(Checking whether the given screw is correct - they have provided 3 types of screws and some small bolts/washers so that it can be used for all cars. Luckily, for me only one screw is required to fix one end of the High Grain wire)

010.JPG

012.JPG

(Before fixing it, checking whether the radio/FM stations are working - found that all working fine)

013.JPG

014.JPG

(Now fixed)

015.JPG

The rear end of the Shark Finn Antenna comes beyond the Car roof body edge, as the original antenna was fixed almost at the edge of the top body(see image 2) as such not sure how long the 3M (?) tape will hold. Chances are that water may sweep through the holes and then what will happen I don't know..?

Sir, it looks like an awesome addition to your car.
Don't worry about water, one of my friends also fitted the same on his Old gen Swift and it worked correctly even in the rains.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I see some people opting for the shark-finn antenna. Is there any particular reason going for this? Functioning, stylish look?
Reason - yes, may be its stylish look.
Functioning - I still have to check is there any difference in performance or radio reception comparing ordinary antenna to this shark fin antenna.
But for me, it is more comfortable to cover up the car. Though I have a covered parking, I still use to keep the car covered as I don't use the car on a daily basis. With a long rod antenna the back side of the cover never fit properly,

Reason - yes, may be its stylish look.
Functioning - I still have to check is there any difference in performance or radio reception comparing ordinary antenna to this shark fin antenna.
But for me, it is more comfortable to cover up the car. Though I have a covered parking, I still use to keep the car covered as I don't use the car on a daily basis. With a long rod antenna the back side of the cover never fit properly,
Ok, but aren't there body covers which properly cover the rod antenna? I mean those with a separate pocket/space for rod antenna.

@bbarve yeah, these types of covers do exist but assume that @Nairrk 's OEM cover won't be of that design.
Even my friend's Ertiga came with simple cover. Manufacturers keep on skipping essential needs of their customers.
This shark-fin antenna is more convenient + more stylish = A VFM mod for a car.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I have been planning to fix a touchscreen on my Tigor and have been in discussion with my dealer but they simply said that they cannot do it. Then, I wrote to Tata motors directly and after few email exchanges and discussions it seems Tata have given some instructions to the dealer to help me in this matter.

Though, they don't have any touchscreen ready in stock but they are now ready get it one for me.

They have forwarded me few items as under:

IMG-20191023-WA0008.jpg

I prefer the AX3000 one.

Any suggestions, guys?

Top Bottom